BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community

[HIP ARTHROSCOPY] Hip Arthroscopy ups and downs

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Recovery Area' started by Alfie888, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Mojo333

Mojo333 FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

United States United States
    I know...I'm not a scuba diver. But during the civil war it was common place for southerners to drop valuables down wells to keep union troops from confiscating..
    Also common to find animal bones and possibly mosquito larvae and diphtheria?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  2. SaraK

SaraK post-grad

Just hope no snakes!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mojo333

That too!:scare:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Mojo333

It's only Monday, Alfie:nah:
    Any news for your appointment?
    Hope you are not hurting too badly.
    Sure hope they hurry up with that stupid shot.
    Sending healing Mojo your way:praying:

5. Alfie888

Alfie888 member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not having a great day. There was another attempted break in on our garage last night. They never managed to get in as the alarm went off. But, the roller shutter door which is only 6 months old is now broken and insecure. They rammed a motorcycle into it by all accounts, as one of the neighbours saw them, this was at 9pm. We phoned the police but they weren't interested and haven't bothered to show up at all. I then phoned the insurance company to see if they could get someone out to secure the door as it faces onto a public right of way. 4 hours later a guy turned up only to tell me he couldn't secure it as he didn't have any board in his van big enough so I had to makeshift something myself at 3am this morning.

Needless to say, my hip is hurting like hell, I'm tired and have have spent the best part of the day on the phone trying to sort things out.

If that wasn't bad enough I have decided to start dropping my pain meds a week ago and I'm getting pretty unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.

Oh the joys of being alive! Things can only get better, right!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  6. MammaT

MammaT supremo

Oh @Alfie888, what a terrible series of events. Strange that police wouldn’t show up, but things may work differently in UK. A lot of folks around here have gone to security alarms and cameras, some you can install yourself.

Sorry for the increased hip pain. I hope you can get some relief from that.

Things do get better, it just seems like we can be stuck in a swamp sometimes before getting into the clearing.

7. Layla

Layla FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

Poor Alfie...
    You need a break. It's great the thiefs weren't able to gain access due to your alarm system but it's too bad the garage sustained damage. Incidents like that are so maddening especially with no cooperation from local law enforcement OR the inept repairman who showed up to secure your garage with no materials in tow :gaah: One disappointment after another.

I'm sorry your suffering physically also, the mental stress of the past 24 hrs can't help.
    I hope something miraculously occurs and you're able to get that hip fixed :prayer:

To brighter days.....
    @Alfie888

8. Alfie888

Alfie888 member

@MammaT, @Layla, Thanks for your concern. It's been a pretty stressful day, and trying to operate on a couple of hours sleep hasn't helped. I'm having an early night tonight. The policing around here is appalling. Unless it's a murder you would be lucky to get anyone to come out. They don't mind sitting at the side of the road catching hard working folks going to work, doing a few mile an hour over the speed limit though.

I got a local company to come and secure the door. Which really wasn't such a big job if you have the right tools. I got the feeling the fella who turned up last night just couldn't be bothered with the hassle at that time of night.

Anyways, it's bedtime for me. :mcoffee:

Have a good evening or morning. Not quite sure what time it is over there.

9. Mojo333

Sleep well, Alfie.
    Life just isn't fair sometimes.
    And karma does come around.
    We get bad press in the US about our gun ownership and right to protect life and property.
    But ramming your garage door, honestly!
    The police should do their job!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  10. Gidget

Gidget member

Australia Australia
    Have you heard the joke about a home owner who called the police to report a break in. The police didn’t come so the home owner rang back and told them to cancel the call because they had shot the burglar and didn’t need the police any more. They had Police there within minutes.

I have to say, the one and only time we were broken in to the police were great. However, it took 3 days for SOC officers to come and fingerprint and in the meantime we weren’t allowed to move anything or clean up. We decided to move houses after that because it was rural with no close neighbours. Now we live in suburbia and we all look out for each other. We love all our neighbours and it’s good to feel safe and secure.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Alfie888

Alfie888 member

Hi @Gidget, Your right I should of just said I had a chainsaw and was taking care of the situation, no need for them to trouble themselves.

It turns out there have been quite a few incidents in the area involving 3 youths on a motorbike according to the local paper. The ironic thing is the police are asking for people to call if they have any information. Perhaps if they had bothered to show up they might of caught them as they where still in the vicinity.

I did get a txt message form the police today with a crime number, and asking if there was anything else they could help me with. Unbelievable.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  12. Mojo333

That's incredulous.
    I'm sorry, is not funny but it is funny, jeez!

13. SaraK

SaraK post-grad

Respond back asking for the appropriate forms to put the responding officers in for a commendation. If you get a name, you know who to complain about not showing up. Otherwise, maybe you'll get them to look around enough to realize how they didn't respond/help.

Or really give someone a heart attack by asking when you'll get your property back that the responding officers took for evidence.

14. MammaT

MammaT supremo

What a mess @Alfie888. I hope they find the kids. When my son and his wife lived off base near Lakenheath, a garage was broken into. Evidently gypsies were known for stealing things in the area.

I hope you have been able to rest up. I may have missed it, but are you scheduled for injection yet?

Hope things settle down around your property.

15. Layla

Layla FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

Alfie needs a break! Things have to start looking up for you, Alfie.
    You know we're rooting for you.
    I hope you caught up on rest and that you're able to have a peaceful weekend to re-charge.
    @Alfie888

16. Alfie888

Alfie888 member

Sara, The trouble is they never show up. My other half was on the phone with them last nigh and gave them an ear full, for what good it does. Under funding and the state of the country at the moment I'm afraid. They keep hiking or taxes up and cutting the services.

MamaT, Not had an appointment for the injection yet. Everything over here is getting put back because of the flu epidemic and the snow/bad weather. All none essential procedures are being cancelled.

On a brighter note I slept like a baby last night. Probably due to being so exhausted. But it was welcome.

Well, that's the week over with now for me, tools down, going to take it easy and get out in the countryside + pop and see my mother (it's Mothers Day here in the UK on Sunday) :friends:

Hope you all have a great weekend :cheers:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mojo333

Get some country...I plan on the same after about three hours of other responsibilities.
    My sister is in hospital and my dad is ill....I have got to find some solitude somewhere this week.
    At brother in laws farm, where I hide, there is an Osprey who is chosen his large pond for hunting ground.
    He is large and amazing...spreading over, apparently something catches his attention, and he back strokes mid air to a stall before a straight down dive to spear a fish.
    Hope to see him there today.
    Excitement takes on different forms when you get over stimulation from aggravation.
    Just want peace.
    Hope you enjoy your visit with your mom.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  18. Alfie888

Alfie888 member

Hi @Mojo333, sorry to hear about you Sister and dad. I hope things work out for the better with them. It can be more stressful when others around you are ill than being ill yourself.

I hope you enjoy your time out at the farm. It sounds like a wonderful place.

Birds of prey are spectacular creatures aren’t they. We have a sparrow hawk that takes birds out of the garden on occasion. As brutal as it is, it’s also amazing to see it at work. The poor birds don’t even know what’s happened it’s all over the quick. I don’t ever want to come back as a small bird of fish. Such an anxious existence, always twitching and looking over your shoulder.

I’m up before the light tomorrow to try and catch a pike in the morning. They are eluding me this year. I think they know I’m not on top form at the moment.

Have a relaxing day tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mojo333

A date yet? Probably tired of me asking.
    Just wondering/worried for you!
    Hope today is a Good Day!

20. Alfie888

Alfie888 member

I phoned the hospital yesterday and was told my consultant was on leave and they didn't know when he was coming back. I don't know what that means!!?? They could have let me know this earlier. I imagine there are a lot of people in the same boat as me now. Anyway, I have an appointment with another consultant on Monday. Lets hope I don't have to wait another 10 weeks for an injection.