Hip Arthroscopy Hip Arthroscopy ups and downs

Hi @Mojo333, I had the mri on Thursday. The operator pulled me out after 10mins and said there was some metal showing up round my right buttock area and asked me if I’d ever been shot. Not that I’m aware of!! I had put jogger pants on so no pockets or metal anywhere. I told her I’d had an xray only a few weeks previous so she was going to check against that. Anyway, they did the full scan and I’m back to see the OS on the 10th.

The hip has really been playing up this week. Just sitting at work is making it ache.

What a coincidence!!! I too have made a worm bed today. Lots of compost and potato peelings. There can’t be many people in the world have made a worm bed this week and 2 of them are on this forum. Amazing :)

I’m up at first light to go fishing, so it’s an early night for me. For some strange reason I have slept like a baby the last week. After months of only being able to get a few hours sleep I’m now Zzzzzzz for Queen and country :sleep:
 
:loll:
There can’t be many people in the world have made a worm bed this week and 2 of them are on this forum. Amazing :)
Oh my stars...that is incredibly coincidental.:tada: Great minds think alike!
So glad you have been able to sleep even if you haven't had alot of relief..probably called exhaustion...but hey.
Very odd about the metal...be curious...don't guess you've got some leftover hemostats or something in there? Really not funny, but...?
Did snag a small large mouth bass, approximately one pound , on Amazing Spider-Man Pole. Will be eaten tonight.:yes:
 
Last edited:
That is crazy! The Case of the Mysterios Metal.
You have to be wondering what the heck that is all about...

Sorry to hear your hip is acting up @Alfie888 Hopefully when you see the OS on the 10th
you'll get answers and formulate a plan that will lead to your much needed THR.
It's wonderful you're sleeping well. At least your not in pain and exhausted.

I hope the fish are biting and that your day out in nature is peaceful and relaxing.
Please keep us posted.
 
Hey Alfie. Glad you will have an appointment this upcoming week.
Hope all has been tolerable AND you'll be able to get some hydrotherapy in this weekend.
Tomorrow I'm due to go to the ocean. Ive been itching to go but haven't wanted to do all that framming on my hips when we hit choppy water. Now that I've gotten new one year X-rays, I feel reassured all is stuck in there well.

Praying that get a plan for resolving your ongoing pain.:praying:
 
Hi Mojo, Did you manage to get to the ocean this Weekend? I so much want to get back on the water. I had a walk up the beach today. It’s a national holiday here today and the hottest May Day holiday on record.

I went fishing yesterday. It was a good one too. Had over 50 fish, the largest being about 6lb. A tench which used to be called the doctor fish because it’s slime was thought to have healing properties. It’s not done me much good and I’ve caught a few of them over the years.

Back to see the OS on Thursday. To be honest I haven’t been to bad the last couple of days. Which is always the case just befor a visit to the docs.
 
@Alfie888
Yep, that darn car just won't make that noise when you take it to the mechanic!:gaah:

Am happy you are getting a bit of a break though...oh my stars,let me rephrase that...how about reprieve?:heehee:
My fishing trip was cancelled due to 4 foot seas and small craft advisory:blackcloud:
I did however get out on the pond and catch some redbreast and did eat those.
Have you rubbed some tench slime on that hip?
My BIL swears you can reverse the burning of an accidental catfish fins sting by rubbing his anal glands on the affected area!

But then he also took me cow tipping and snipe hunting so I don't trust him one bit.:whistle:
 
Shame about your fishing trip. The weather is one thing we can’t change.

I think your advice may see me getting arrested. :heehee::heehee::heehee: Wouldn’t want to explain why I had a fish down my pants.

Just had to look up what a redbreast is. We don’t have them over here. Pretty looking critters.
 
Sweet too...just little bitty hand sized things.
It was fun though...lots of fresh air and worm testing.
 
Last edited:
Hi @Alfie
It's good to hear your pain let up some.
Want to wish you the best at your appt with the OS tomorrow. Let us know how it goes....
A great rest of the week to you!
 
Looks like your appt was today @Alfie888
Wondering how you've been feeling the past few days and how your appt went?
Hope you're able to have a relaxing weekend.
 
Hope you are well...and have kept on enjoying the beautiful things despite your ongoing hip drama.
Also hoping you get some peace this weekend!
 
Hope you are well...and have kept on enjoying the beautiful things despite your ongoing hip drama.

Ongoing hip drama it certainly is!

I saw the OS today to go through the results of the scan. He couldn’t find anything conclusive in the hip other than mild arthritis and a lesion on the outside of the hip which has probably been there since I was a child. Nowhere near the joint. That said, the scan I had before the op didn’t show the full extent of the damage. My back on the other hand looked a bit iffy. One of the vertebrae not quite where it should be.

The upshot is I have to go for an injection in my back to see if anything eases up. More needles. I feel like a voodoo doll, but without the mystical powers. So, another 6 week wait.

The mystery of the bullet that was in my buttock has been solved. It looked like something on he bed of the scanner and not in me. Which is a relief.

Hope you all have a good weekend.
 
And the saga continues...thinking of you today...sorry you've been a pincushion.:console2:
 
Glad the Mystery of the Myserious Metal was solved.
Hope they can find the true source of your pain. Too bad you have to suffer through another injection.
Best wishes for a great weekend and some permanent pain relief.
@Alfie888
 
:wave:Hey Alfie. How have you been? Have you had injection yet.
Ive been super busy and its already getting steamy hot.
Hope youve been able to enjoy some outside activity...any fishing?
Make sure you post a pic if you get a monster!
 
Hi Mojo, Not had an appointment for the injection yet. Hopefully in the next week or so.

I have been getting out fishing every week to keep myself balanced in the world.

I shot some underwater footage on Sunday when I was out, it's quite mesmerising watching fish in a feeding frenzy. you can make it full screen by clicking on the little icon at the bottom,

 
Totally cool...I would make that my screen saver if I was smart enough to figure out how to do that.
And you have underwater camera equipment?
You are cooler than your paunchy purple pal let's on, Alfie.:wink:
 
I think you two were separated at birth!
Carry on....it's fun to read.
Hope you're doing well, @Alfie888
 
And you have underwater camera equipment?

I wouldn’t go as far as to call it underwater camera equipment. I tied my little waterproof camera to a tree branch with electrical tape and held it in the water :wink:

I think you two were separated at birth!
Hahaha, probably not. The nearest my family ever got to the States was on the Titanic in 1912. As a baby my grandfather was the only member of the family to survive. He was adopted by my great grandfather and ended up in the Yorkshire. The rest as they say is history. Perhaps that has something to do with my fascination with water.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom