Things continue to move forward. Sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. Almost at the 6 week mark!
Have been occasionally sleeping on my non-operated side with a pillow between my legs. Woke up in the middle of the night, pillow off to the side and I was partially on my stomach. Realized the position, laid there for a few minutes wondering what to do, slllooowwwly moved back to side, then to back. Stared at the ceiling a bit, back to sleep. Nothing hurt but the way my leg was situated I was either close to or broke 90 degrees.

All good this morning.
Have been off cane since Monday. Took a walk with PT and my gait is good. I’m to use it if the leg is tired at the end of the day and bring it with me as I increase my walking distance in case I need it. Have been on stationary bike at PT! Will be getting on mine at home once precautions are lifted.

I can walk upstairs normally but slowly. Going downstairs isn’t working yet so I continue with one at a time. I’m able to walk both dogs together which is great.
Weather has been nice past two days. Won’t stay that way. I keep looking at my planters wanting to pick out leaves and debris and work the soil around but, alas, trying to do it with grabber creates a mess and it would involve too many golfers pickups to even do one large pot. I’ve apologized to them for how messy they are.
I’m not ready to return to work so I’m hoping OS will give me a bit more time. I think he will. I’d feel more comfortable at the 8 week mark especially since I haven’t driven in almost 6 weeks. My commute is 45 minutes on a good day on congested highways and I have to lift my laptop bag (it’s not lightweight) out of the trunk once I get to office and return it there at end of day. Doesn’t seem like much but I know I’ll have some setback trying to do it when my strength isn’t as good as I think it needs to be.
Onward....
