Guest viewing is limited

Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi zauberflöte, no. Actually, it's not even a 5 minute ride, (I am so spoiled in my "commute") but... I am not going to set foot in the building until I am back at work. The plan was that I'd take 4 Sundays off, so I'm off at least one more after today. (I may try to go for having 5 off, if Songman will agree!)
I don't often get to experience Sunday mornings at home. They're lovely and peaceful... I'm enjoying this!:wink:

You are going to do fine. You're sure a whole lot better prepared than I was the first time!
 
Songlady heh. I don't work at my church, but Sundays are a huge part of our lives, and watching the sermon a day later, online, doesn't quite cut the mustard. Our Sunday school teacher is very cool-- she tapes her classes and burns them to CD, so we will have quite a bit of catching up to do on that :)
There is a 100 mile (one-way) trip involved tho:yikes: However, the OS nurse said it would be fine at 2 weeks!!!! We shall see.....:yes: Sure would hate to survive the trip there only to find out i could neither sit nor stand for one more second!:rotfl:
 
zauberflöte, sitting on the flat wooden organ bench is one of my concerns, and of course one needs to move about to play the pedals, so a cushion would hinder and not help.
Maybe you can listen to the CDs while you recover! Watch out for those medication-induced naps, though.... you could miss a lot of info! :heehee:
 
Songlady I didn't mean "go back to work"!!! I meant "sit and soak"!!!! Sit in back and enjoy it from a whole new perspective :)
I am soooo used to falling asleep while reading... when the kids were young I used not to be able to sit down-- sitting down equalled falling asleep!:yawn: I twice fell asleep while practising:yikes: Did not drop the flute, thank goodness! (and we will leave uncounted the number of times I had extremely close calls with naps onstage:whistle: )
It will be lovely not to have to say, uh-oh, better git movin' here now before i fall asleep! LOL
 
zauberflöte You must be home from vacation by now. Hope you enjoyed yourself and had a nice 'Mothering Sunday', as they call it in the UK. We had perfect weather here in, Conn., didn't we Songlady?
 
HiByGosh, yes, it was a beautiful day. Unfortunately, I didn't get to sit in the same room with my family until dinner at about 7:45 pm, because husband worked my job this morning and brought things to my mom this afternoon, got home just int time to run to the phone extension upstairs to call his mom.... poor guy!! But it was a lovely day, and promises to cool down this evening, which is the way I love it better sleeping! :)
 
zauberflöte. Went for a quick brunch today and had to leave my husband to wait for the check because it was so hard to sit in the chair, even though I'd brought a thick cushion with me. Seems that a hundred mile trip and then a iffy bench would be a trial at two weeks. I'm at day 16 and I really needed to get up after a three block walk and a 30 minute brunch.
 
ByGosh nope, we're here for one more day. Nasty last day, full of cleaning and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW it's a tick crawling on me eeeeewwwwwwww get it offgetitoffgetitoff. Y U K !!!

Ok, I took care of it. How can it be warm enough for ticks yet??:yikes:

Anyway, the last day is very sad. Gotta prepare for the drive day, which starts out with washing all the bed linens and towels, and proceeds through loading the car to driving till we drop. I imagine every vacation is like that....
Both my kids called me, which is a first (of course this is the first time ever that I haven't seen them on Mother;s Day LOL)
Songlady isn't that just how it goes sometimes. You have a new hip, that's a great present!!! :)
LeeApril26 yeah, your experience is more what I expect. Was it a good brunch? Lots of moms with corsages and kids/grandkids in tow? :)
 
zauberflöte You must have a lllloooooonnngg drive back! How many hours is it for you? We're in Conn., so not too far from the Cape 3 1/2 hours, but the drive can still be tough with traffic. Of course, you're smart to be leaving on a Monday, as most people leave Sat. and there's lines of cars trying to get over the bridges.
We love Cape Cod, but the bringing your own linens is a pain. You must be using theirs if you're washing them.
Have a safe trip home! Glad your kids called you for 'Mothering Sunday' (I just love they call it that in the UK!)
We had beautiful weather here and a nice family day at home. TTYL
 
zauberflöte. Yuck, ticks!!!! Brunch was delicious, but not too formal. I knew Ai might have trouble sitting too long so we went to a local Polish place. Lots of families but not dressy and no corsages. Have a safe trip home.
 
ByGosh sqwerlie LeeApril26
It's our house (came down to hubby and sibs through their mother and grandmother) so no matter where we wash them, they're our linens LOL. Some stuff I bring back and forth, some I leave here. We do have a long drive back-- at least 12 hours. When the kids were little, we used to drive all night, and it was 10 or less-- our record was 9! But daytime driving is slower...
Now we have an interesting if pathetic situation: two days ago, Mr ZF pulled his back, while sound asleep in bed! So we have a 3 stor(e)y house, a man who can't lift, and a woman who can't do stairs. Loading the car is going to look like a Keystone Kops or maybe Abbott and Costello movie.......:bicycle2:
 
zauberflöte, ouch 12 hour drive, I hope your husband does alright in the car. You at least can see the humor in the situation or least sounds like you can with the description of loading the car. Your vacation place sounds lovely though. How often do you make the trip there? We have a lake lot, it takes us 20 minutes to get there. Not a far drive but it's a world away from home for us.
 
zauberflöte what a right old pair of old crocks you two are, bad backs bad hips can you get any worse between you!!! :heehee: Cape Cod sounds lovely although I've always thought that it was an odd name for such a lovely place, do you know the history behind it? :eeeuw: ticks yuk, the only one I've ever seen was on Henry last year and it was huge, it'd been sucking his blood for a while I think. Got the blighter off though with the help of the vet, although it was sure hanging on for grim death!!
 
LeeApril26 yeah, that's about it-- GMTA:rotfl:
Littlejem well, it's physically/geographically a cape, and the waters used to swarm with the fish called cod. There are plenty now, too. I don't know if that's the history or not, but it makes sense just now :)
Mamarey thanks for remembering!!!! I cannot keep up with everybody's recovery threads-- you and I, we've been here a very long time, haven't we? :) Unfortunately (see below) I won't be in to check on you till the end of the week...:sad:
Ok everybody, I'm going AWOL again, packing up the computer now so Mr ZF stops telling me I need an intervention LOL. More packing, more cleaning, more up and down the stairs, planning furiously ahead of each trip up or down-- "what else can I take up or down with me this trip?"
Have fun all, see ya later this week! :)
<sign off><close firefox > <shut down Y/N> byeeeeeeeeee :):flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom