Guest viewing is limited

Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sqwerlie I'm gonna take that rooster and wring his neck!!:rotfl:
Thanks everyone for your visits. I arrived at MY house yesterday morning, all safe and sound!
Here is what I do not recommend: arriving home from vacation with less than a week to do alllllllll the laundry including what you didn't do before you went on vacation, a deep cleaning (allergies/asthma, can't do ahead...), the bathrooms, and two beds from the inside out (a/a cda LOL). Oh yes and pay all the bills that cropped up while you were gone and do the shopping and errands. Did I mention filling up the cats' "love-me" tanks? :kittykiss: While having given up 1/3 of your pain relief...moving much slower than usual...any newbies reading this, take heed!!!! :)
I'm serious-- i have too much work to do and probably won't be on here much. Waaaaahhhhhhh!
But that means that i can be on here alot after Tuesday :) :) :) :happydance:
Hugs to everybody, and I'll try to check in on people in 5-minute segments/// :)
 
Please don't do too much, like sqwerlie says, just a bit at a time and have plenty of breaks, also put a timer on your phone to remind you when your pain meds are due so that the pain doesn't take hold. You should be looking after yourself and if the work doesn't get done, will it really matter, certainly not enough to make yourself ill by doing too much. :friends:
 
Hi zauberflöte I am so glad you had such a lovely holiday on the beautiful Cape Cod despite all the hard work on the last day and the dreaded tick.Nearly there now !
 
Hi zauberflöte,
Just thought of something that might be useful. A trolley on wheels. I hired one. Looks like a walker two shelves. Cost was $10 a week but only used it for two weeks while I was on crutches. It was a great way to get all my 'stuff' from room to room when I was by myself like coffee and lunch, books etc.
I used it like a pack horse in the end to cart clothes and washing etc.
Thinking of you and I know everything will go very smoothly. You are so well prepared. Finding Bonesmart with all,its support pre op was a great idea.
Also, if you have an ipad, one of those new ipad pillows would be a great idea. :)
 
Maeve I saw an ipad pillow advertised on tv. Do you have one? I wondered if it worked well - it looks great. Smart idea.
 
Maeve I saw an ipad pillow advertised on tv. Do you have one? I wondered if it worked well - it looks great. Smart idea.
I got one of these for Christmas. It's the best thing, I use it all the time.
 
You should be looking after yourself and if the work doesn't get done, will it really matter, certainly not enough to make yourself ill by doing too much. :friends:
Littlejem oh I hate to be so insistent to you, but I am actually taking care of my breathing by doing all this work. I manage my asthma and allergies with many medications and by cleaning this dusty moldy house weekly-- and it needs it now :) Kinda need to breathe in the hospital and during recovery :) :):friends:

Iknowyou'reinahurrytogeteverythingdonesoIwonttakeupyourtimebywritingtoomuchbutgladyourhomesafeandgoodluckwithallthepreparations!! :heehee:
ByGosh you are too funny!!!!!!!:rotfl:

Just thought of something that might be useful. A trolley on wheels.
Maeve I've read on other people's posts, and yours too-- a tea trolley I would call it? The place where I'll be spending much of my waking time is a wall-to-wall carpeted room, and unless that baby has 9" wheels, we'd both go over!:bicycle2:

zauberflöte Ah you're so close! Just checking in...​
smrt2run hey there boy!!!! I've been thinking of you, that you were probably so recovered that we'd never see you again !! How are ya? Thank you SO MUCH for stopping in :):friends:

zauberflöte, look at all these postings...do you think you were missed?
sandybeach awwwwwwww.......geeeeeeeee......:blush:

What is this "iPad" whereof we speak?? I have no such thing... I do have an old iPod with lots of music, and I think I'm going to look on iTunes or Amazon for mp3 of birdsong as in "a whole neighborhood at 5:30am in May"--- that kind of racket, which i LOVE, will interfere with all kinds of hospital noises even better than white noise would!
I lost my 20-yr-old sleeping mask, and bought another at the Rite Aid yesterday-- talk about how quality has declined! it's only big enough for an 8 year old, and it's not, repeat NOT, any good at blocking the light! I can see right through it! Looked on Amazon, TravelSmith, nobody has what i want. So do I have to go out to Michaels' or someplace and buy some felt and elastic and make one???????? Sheesh!
They replaced our water meter yesterday morning. Water still is a little nasty. Great, ptomaine poisononing 4 days before THR!:eeeuw: :rotfl:
Waiting on the kid coming to mow the yard. Ah that takes me back-- my son used to have a successful little lawn care business....
It's been fun-- see yall later, I DO wish i could keep up..... butigottavacuumandswifferandmopandcleanaceilingfanandonemorea/cventandmakemrzf'sbedandsupperwhew!
 
zauberflöte, this is similar to the trolley I was loaned by the hospital. I only used it in the early days after surgery to get between kitchen and living room with meals and drinks.
[Bonesmart.org] Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom