Guest viewing is limited

Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!
[Bonesmart.org] Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!
zauberflöte, your day is almost here! We'll miss you 'til you get back online---and we'll all be waiting with bated breath to receive your first post from the "other side". (We love the funny drug induced posts---try for one of those:rotfl:).

[Bonesmart.org] Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!
We care.
 
Here to wish you well for tomorrow zauberflöte, you joined this forum the same week as me and you've had a long wait to get over to that 'other side' but you will be there very soon now. Take care and keep up that fantastic spirit that we see from you and you'll get through it all fine. We'll be waiting to hear how you are and check that you're all ok and driving those poor nurses mad with your pranks!!! :heehee: Post soon Chris x
 
TennisNut There you go, girl... :) That's a great time, you're OS will be fresh as a daisy and you'll be out and ready for lunch. Good luck, everything's going to go soooo smoothly. Post as soon as you're up to it, because we're all going to be here, waiting to hear from our three hipster sisters.
 
@everybody cos I'm too tired and whatnot to list everybody-- thanks SO MUCH for all your well wishes. My friends here have meant the world to me while I've been waiting, and will continue to do so on teh other Side!
Totally unavoidable stressors have come up, offspring and pet stuff, and I even had a mild panic and took myself to the dr this morning as a symptom I was just stared having might not, for all I knew, been the tramadol. I'm ok, the cat's as ok as he's gonna be this week and the kid-- we will see tonight, I guess. Had a looooong conference call with him and us last night, he wants another tonight.
Here is autism in a nutshell, texting style:
Mom: Remember my new hip surgery is tomorrow?
Kid: I know.
Communication skills, we does not has them LOL.
TennisNut SeaSiren I got the call while in the vet's parking lot, thank goodness it was not while we were in the exam room! I ahve to be there at 5:30am... means leaving here at 4:30am. So I hope I can get some lunch in me too!!! :):happydance:
This may be it for this side, haven't packed or finished washing my bed ("sleep in clean sheets after antibiotic wash") much less make it, etc etc. Will see hubby tonight-- he's having about the same kind of day I am.
once again, THANK YOU EVERYBODY ( bottomshollow I feel very very special that you came to visit!!!!! :) I will do my best to be a druggie-poster LOL) )
 
Okay @zauberflote No more postings from me, now. (Thankgoodness!shesays)
Wishing you the best of luck, and a good lunch tomorrow! You're in good company with your surgery sisters, and of course we're all going to be here waiting with bated breath to read your first post-op post.
You know how much everyone here loves you! :blush: Awwwww, shucks, I just had to say it....
 
Chris, TennisNut, SeaSiren:
GOOD LUCK TOMORROW! Remember, any discomfort and annoyances on "that side" will be different from the stuff you've been through on "this side": You'll be moving toward recovery and not stumbling around in painful limbo as we have all had to do while waiting for surgery.

I don't know if this is true for your hospitals, but for mine (and it's a GOOD one, a really really GOOD one), I was supposed to ask for a sponge bath/bird bath (to be cleaned up, in other words) and for fresh sheets. Didn't know that, so the former barely happened and the latter didn't happen. Just a little head's up in case that's the situation for you.

Nurses can be Ratched-y a la Cuckoo Nest in temperament and very busy even in the very best of hospitals; then, in a flick of a shift, they can be Nurse Nightingales. So speak up, and often, if you aren't getting your ice bags, meds, needed to go to the bathroom an hour ago, need anything.

Can completely relate to your panic attack, Chris. But this time tomorrow it'll be over and you'll be in you bed and recovering, so hang in there.

Lots and lots of best wishes to all of you!!! May your surgery be as peachy as it gets.
 
zauberflöte
I was going to come by and give you well wishes and the days got away from me being on my own with 2 kids! This morning was your surgery and hopefully you are sleeping peacefully tonight and your pain is under control. I will be looking for you on the other side!
 
Thinking of you, see you soon on the other side. :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom