Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zauberflöte. sorry about the storms, but the chips sound good. Hope you have some sun before you have to leave. The sun just came out here after two days of pouring rain.
 
zauberflöte, you sound ready! That's great! I didn't find BS until several weeks after my first hip surgery, so you're much farther ahead in your knowledge base than I was.
At my pre-op class I'd heard some bad things about those suction cup grab bars - two people had them come off while trying to use them. Too bad, I would have found them helpful for the first few days. But I've done fine with my shower (in a tub), moving s-l-o-w-l-y and carefully. You'll do fine, I'm sure!
I had not heard of the radio thing you mentioned in relation to Mr ZF. Interesting! Mr. SL (should I call him SongMan?) just went off to run my choir rehearsal tonight. His halo should be glowing, all he's doing for me, including my job!:angel:
 
Songman is it, then! Yes, we met in graduate school for sacred music - he can sure run a rehearsal. But he's looking forward to the day when I can take it over again. Poor guy, taking care of everything right now!
 
zauberflöte, I tried one of those suction cup grab rails but it wouldn't stick. I sent it back. I now have a grab rail secured to the wall, much safer. My shower is over the bath so I got a board that goes over the bath to sit on. I got myself the wider version as the usual is 4 slats I have 6. it is more comfortable than the one in hospital.
We have low fat crisps in England the company that dominates the market is Walkers. I found it amusing when we went to France their dominant company is called Lays.
 
Elosarabrab Barbara, Frito-Lay dominates the market here, they make Lays potato chips and Fritos and Doritos and I don't know what all else. They might be owned by, or own, Coke. Cool that you found them in France! Everybody has a low-fat version, but this Cape Cod brand (also common on the east coast) is THE best-- they are very crunchy, and not very flat-- they fold up in the cooking process and so have fascinating shapes that are way more fun to eat than a big ol' flat slice.
I might have to do the grab rail thing, but we don't have a masonry drill LOL. I have a tiny shower stall with a folding door. I can't open my elbows wide when I'm inside, and if I lean over, my rear hits the cold cold wall while my head hits the opposing wall.... I will need a mini-seat. Don't want to spring for the hand-held shower head, so I may just live with it as it is, till I'm steady on my feet :)
 
You'll be ok in the shower cubicle and you're not meant to bend over anyway!! :umm: I use one but put in a non slip mat down in it to help with getting in and out and I put all my shampoo, body wash etc in a bag hung on the door so it's easy to reach. I haven't got a stool in the shower I just stand, it's been absolutely fine.
 
zauberflöte. My shower stall is also quite small. I took a shower on day four, with no difficulty. Kept the cane right outside the stall in case I needed it. If you can put full weight on your foot, you should be okay.
 
zauberflöte, I hear you about the head on one wall and butt on the other (cold!) wall. We have a tiny bathroom...which amazes me sometimes when I think about how we had all seven daughters at home at one time and just the one teeny bathroom! I told my girls still at home they would have to help me in and out of the shower after surgery, just for grins. I got the reaction I thought I would :yikes:
 
zauberflöte Yes, Cape Cod potato chips are the best, I agree. We've visited their potato chip factory several times over the years when we'd vacation there, especially when the kids were young. It was great - they'd give out free sample bags of their different chips at the end. All of us would stuff ourselves.

sqwerlie I know what you mean about the girls helping out Mom with personal care where they may catch a glimpse of something. Gee, do I look that bad? Teenagers get embarassed pretty easily, I guess. (or maybe I do look that bad!)

Songlady Your hubby sounds like a great help to you. I think the spouses here all sound like angels. Mine has really stepped up to the plate for me during all of this, too. Thank goodness!
 
I got my husband to help me in and out of the shower for the first week but I was fine after that. Wow sqwerlie 7 daughters all sharing one bathroom that must have been a challenge!!
 
I got so attached to my shower stool... I still have it in the ensuite at 17 months.. Nothing like sitting down and letting the hot water stream over one :)
 
I was like Littlejem, my husband had to do the honors. He didn't mind, though. :) You're lucky you're Mom was able to help you. Mine has passed away, but when she was here, she was the one needing the help, poor thing.
 
sqwerlie I cannot believe that all seven sisters are still alive!!!!!! We were only two sisters, and after toddlerhood never had fewer than 2 baths-- and my sister and I still fought like queen cats in heat! (well..ok...I guess by age 15, that's exactly what we were:rotfl: )
Littlejem LeeApril26 Elosarabrab octopus ByGosh I can too bend over! I have NO restrictions(except whatever pain and swelling give me I guess and if I have that I know I'm undermedicating/icing/elevating thanks to BS!). Maybe I will hold off on the shower stool. Or if it comes with the price of surgery, haha, take it and store it. The floor of my shower is tiny, rough-ish tiles. I may hold off on the tub mat too. I'd have to cut a hole right in the middle of it for the drain LOL and then I'd trip over the hole and then I'd be worse off than when I started:rotfl:
Poppet well I'd like to know who pays for your hot water LOL!! :) Our goal is to not stay in the shower as long as we'd like-- one of those unfortunate budgetary line items... It is actually cheaper to join the YMCA and use their hot tub than it would be to take long showers! There will be long hot showers in Heaven, I'm pretty sure..... :)
parting shot for ByGosh hey, even though I am relatively not overweight, the not relatively overweight is distributed a lot further south than it used to be....if I had girls I would never want to let them help me. Yes, I DO look that bad LOL
 
Haha! ... Me of course, I pay for the hot water.. we are heading into our winter time in two weeks, so showers are not that long.. I am not a fan of the cold.. Especially like this morning minus 4C, still snuggled up in bed! zauberflöte
 
I'm with you on the hot showers Poppet. No matter how much I need to budget, I can't help myself. It's one of my little pleasures in life. And I don't drink coffee like everyone else does here! (In NZ) :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom