Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved Upstairs Downstairs when it was released but I think Downton is even better. I am a period drama fan and Colin Firth as Mr Darcy in Pride and Prejudice was fantastic!! Glad you found out about the sheets with enough time to get some more Chris I hope you feel that you are now ready to go!!

You can always use a top sheet as a bottom sheet if you really had to- Ok, so it's sheet shopping for you, I guess...
ByGosh Or not. I did that enough when I was a kid and young adult to know that a new hip would hamper and hinder my harnessing the halves of the horrid (ok that's enough now) sheet! And,,,, are you ready for this? There are two cars in my driveway and neither one of them can be driven-- Mr ZF took the only working car to Richmond today and won't be back till late Monday night! Car 1=bad bad brakes, car2= nail just discovered in tire. Crud! So I will have to borrow a neighbor's car to buy a few groceries tomorrow!
LeeApril26 yeah, I've used vinegar before but it didn't work on perfume-y thrift shop clothes, so I kinda ruled it out this time. I've washed it twice more, maybe ought to go check again. if it would only stop raining, I could drape it over the hedge in the sun. Remember I did that to my memory foam? Well, I think ByGosh remembers that anyway... Sunshine/ozone will take ANY smell out except cat pee (don't ask).
Peaches thanks for stopping by! I know you were in a real state of Twilight Zone regarding where you actually lived-- in the 15th dimension in the box under the couch, I imagine LOL. And all the restriction problems caused by the sheer smallness of your apt! I felt every word as I (finally) finished reading all your thread earlier today. I know how it is when somebody doesn't seem to understand WHY you have to do something the way you have to do it.... Are you a Big City gal by choice? It seems to me that the city life could be very exciting, but not for me... LOL.
octopus who is Violet? Is she one of the sisters? We've only watched two episodes, so are still learning names. I need to recommend, for "period drama", As You Like It with Helen Mirren, old one, and, also old, Midsummer Night's Dream with Dame Judi in green body paint and not much else! And Ian Holme as Puck. I think they're both Royal Shakespeare productions.
Littlejem I am not going to vote on the shows till I've seen all 3 seasons of Downton. I loved every character in U,D, almost from the start-- so maybe I will get there on Downton too :)
Upstater 6 months from now, we won't remember or be able to tell who wnet first, will we? :)
See, everybody? I'm taking a long long break here :heehee:

SeaSiren TennisNut I've been a busy bee! Just took a look at my hand-me-down walker, which I thought was going to need major unfreezing of the wheels with stock options in whoever makes WD-40. But---- the last person to have their hands on it turned the nuts that lock the wheels on so tight that they wouldn't move. Took me about 45 seconds to fix it. YAY!
Trying to figure out a safe way to give myself the runs tomorrow. Srsly. I empty my gut and have a one day respite from toilet terror (wish I could remember who here coined that phrase LOL). They used to make you take an enema before surgery, remember? Wonder why they don't do that any more. Lotsa prune juice a la Audball ??:rotfl:

zauberflöte, SeaSiren, WD40 works on everything! They should get into the hippy business ! The gut run.... I'm going to try an old faithful that used to work well in the days of my youth and spastic colon! Immerse 3-4 prunes in a half glas of water overnight and drink the liquid in the morning on an empty stomach and eat the lovely plump prunes, :yes!: I'm still debating on what kind of underwear to pack, boy shorts, bikini panties, pantaloons?..... How much is a lot of swelling.... :scare:

zauberflöte. Sorry about your punctured tire. That stinks. Did you ever figure out how to remove the perfumey smell? Hope you get some sunshine. It is drenching here as well.

zauberflöte OMG, your saga continues! :) What would we do and what are we going to do when you're quiet for a few hours in surgery??? YIKES! It'll be zauberflöte withdrawal! I'm gettin' the shakes just thinkin' about it..:shocked:

Trying to figure out a safe way to give myself the runs tomorrow.
Why oh why do you need to complicate your already complicated enough life by doing that? What's wrong with you?? Did your OS tell you to poop your brains out? Huh, did he? No one on this entire forum has mentioned anything about getting a clean out PRE-OP, only post-op. What if you give yourself the runs and they don't stop enough and when you're under anesthesia you have more runs?? Huh? Then what? You're getting your HIP replaced, dear girl, not your colon. :rotfl: No, srsly, why are you even thinking of that now? Are you bound up? Or are you trying to get a head start on the post-op toileting? If you totally clean yourself out now, there will be nothing left in there for afterwards, and then they might keep you in the hospital until you go. That's what they told me...I'm just sayin'. Or it might create more problems later when you're intestine is a bit sluggish from the anesthesia, the inactivity, and the pain meds anyhow, and you'll make it even more sluggish by it having nothing in there to be unsluggish about. Think about it.....And that's all I gotta say for now.... Except, call Triple A for a tire change.. P.S. LOL!:)

ByGosh boy you know just what to say, don't you:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: it worked, too! Don' wanna stayinhospitaltillIpoopevenifittakesaweek:rotfl: Also, the rest of your points made perfect sense. I'm not stopped up, except the tramadol is kinda doing that... ah well, one step at a time. Never even thought to call AAA! maybe late evening here they can come and swap nail tire for donut.
LeeApril26 well now you've done it LOL. The blanket smells of perfume and vinegar. I throw up my hands in the Gallic fashion. Who needs blankets anyway. Maybe the sun will shine tomorrow.
TennisNut SeaSiren I'm going to stick with my regular dose of ordinary prunes that always works. So there. And re undies, I'm packing ancient Title9 bikinis, alllllll stretchy. They would still fit me if I weighed 50 lbs more than I do now.

zauberflöte. darn. Apologies! Well, you'll think of me.
Good idea about the stretchy undies. I tried to wear my usual boy short style control undies yesterday and it was really uncomfortable on the incision. My hospital suggested loose cotton, which I bought, sadly-granny pants.

Well said ByGosh, silly zauberflöte, first virtual slap for you :heehee: so long as you're 'going' at the moment that's enough, take the prunes into hospital. I wore really soft, stretchy, undies that didn't have extra elastic on the legs and top, they were just lightly elasticated throughout, so no digging in anywhere, good old M&S, best undies in the world!! :loll:

zauberflöte, I never got in to Downton I did watch the new Upstairs downstairs. Did you ever catch the original series from the 70s?
By now I'm hoping you are all sorted for the big day. It wont be long now till you join us on the recovery side.
Barbara

Goood morning!! Boy oh boy, I missed ALL the good chit-chat last night!!! -- like you zauberflöte, was 'nesting' and puttering around the house until exhaustion :yawn: then conked out on the couch at 8pm! :sleep: Did you end up calling AAA? Your car back in biz today??? I hate feeling like I'm trapped and can't drive -- ha! better get used to it eh?!! Hey did your doc say to 'flush' out your innerds pre-op??? Did I NOT get that memo??? I think what you say makes GOOD sense ByGosh ... no pre-op-OVER-POOPIN'' :yikes: ! I must remember to buy organic prune juice & prunes for next weekend tho... I'll try your special recipe TennisNut!!
I have purposely not watched Downton Abbey... my sweet mother-in-law got me all three 3 seasons as a gift to watch during recovery -- can't wait!!! And will definatley watch P & P too w/dreamy Colin ... Ahhh
Undies! so glad I read all your comments LeeApril26 & Littlejem... already packed my regular sized silky hi-cuts and hmmm rethinking THAT choice -- off to Macy's anyway today... soft, no elastic, biggish bloomers it'll be!! And maybe I'll include a pair of hubby's super-soft boxers! :umm:

SeaSiren, hey girl did you rid yourself of the nasty uti's? zauberflöte started packing this morning and I'm taking stretchy boy shorts, if they are too tight then I shall be free and easy commando style! :snork: thought of giving myself a treat and went for a pedicure :umm: not fun, could not sit still in one position! But at least my toes look pretty and my heels are scrubbed :tada:
Don't forget to charge all the electronic toys! :yahoo:

Hanes granny panties, in a much bigger size than usual, is what has worked for me.

My OS / hospital made me take a Fleet enema to clean myself out the night before the surgery. Not fun, but what are you gonna do?

I hope today flies so all can be too tired to do anything but sleep tonight before your big day!

Can't wait to see updates on "the other side" and will be sending good thoughts your way......

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom