Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elosarabrab yeah, that's what I thought it was. How did you find it rolling from wood to carpet, across 20 feet of carpet (and not a straight shot, either)-- ? Was it stable?
Anyway..... I have a manservant!! Mr ZF will bring me my meals. :)
 
Hi there zauberflöte

Sorry I've been off the radar. My life has totally gone back to normal(bloomin' 'eck.....as they say up north!) and my rump hasn't touched the ground.

Just wanted to wish you the all the very best for your op on Tues. I can see you're very busy with all your preparations. Try not to wear yourself down before the big day(easier said than done!).
Hope you manage to continue posting with your FAB sense of humour when you're on 'the other side'. :heehee:

Take care......I'll be thinking about you.

Lotsa Lurve Queenie xxxxx
 
zauberflöte, It was stable for me. I have a tiled floor in the kitchen and carpet in the sitting room. Its only a matter of a few feet for me. As you have Mr ZF to attend to your needs you will probably find it wouldnt be worth getting a trolley. I only used mine in the early days.
 
Queenie I was going to be sure to come see you before Tuesday! Thanks for stopping by :) I am SO GLAD your life is totally normal now-- I'm hoping for "better than the old normal" if that makes sense and doesn't seem presumptuous. Since you're "normal" again, I guess there won't be as much partying on your thread... dang! That was fun!
What does your normal life look like? kids, job, nights out, etc? I remember 46....ahhhh those were the days...
 
Dear ZF

All the very best for your operation this week. I have had 3 ops on my hip now (one immediately after my accident in Peru, then my 2-stage revision last year). I can honestly say that the operations themselves were really no big deal. With a sprinkling of ZF humour, I reckon you'll sail through.

Somewhere else you mentioned naming cars. My husband has a blue Aston Martin. We call it Bluey. How's that for imaginative? Bet you'd never have thought of that one...

I am off on my hols on Thursday. Look forward to hearing your news on return.

Keep the aspidistra flying! (I'm not sure what that means, exactly, but it is a very British sort of thing.)

Glynis
 
zauberflöte. Getting close. Hope you are completing your tasks and will have time to rest a little bit before Tuesday. Bet it feels like your vacation was a month ago. Will look forward to seeing you on the post op side.
 
Hi zauberflöte,
Just wanting to wish you all the best for the big day. I know it's not until Tuesday but with time differences this side of the pond I didn't want to miss letting you know I will be cheering for you and for a seamless recovery! :martini:
 
Hi ByGosh and octopus,
Haven't bought the ipad pillow yet but after spending so much time in/ on a bed or couch over the past six weeks I now know it's an essential. Going shopping tomorrow so might try to pick one up then.
My grandkids all got one for Christmas. Should have added it to my list.
 
Somewhere else you mentioned naming cars. My husband has a blue Aston Martin. We call it Bluey. How's that for imaginative? Bet you'd never have thought of that one...
glynis go check Poppet 's recovery thread for my car names.... my mother-in-law's car (NOT an Aston Martin...) is called "Little Blue"... you're not alone! LOL
Mamarey LeeApril26 Maeve thanks for your well wishes :) ! I'm a-gittin skeered, a little. Just butterflies so far. As so many have said, let's get this show on the road and get it over with and git 'er done (Larry the Cable Guy style).
Littlejem I am here to tell you that you were absolutely right! Friday I worked myself into a lather doing housework, and some offspring business that HAD to be done by end of business day Friday. You didn't want me working so hard I made myself ill. Well.......I did! Yesterday i felt like whale poo. I must have been running on adrenaline Friday b/c yesterday I was just bottomed out. I straggled through the day, but by 5:30 I declared it naptime. Took the nap, nice and dozey. Fixed supper, sat down with it and hubby and Downton Abbey, and by the end of the episode I felt much much better. Won't do that again! Thank you mama Janet! :) Will you please be around during recovery to point this out to me??? :heehee:
 
zauberflöte. Downton Abbey is a restorative! Next line up the Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth. That always works for me-:). We all need a recording that pops up telling us to rest, ice and not overdo. Take mental if not physical bubble baths!
 
Oh no Chris I didn't want to be right, I'm so sorry you felt rough and glad our Downton helped put you right again!! Hoping you had a more restful day today? I will certainly be around to give you a virtual slap on the wrist, all in the name of promoting your recovery of course!! :angel: Janet
 
So, LeeApril26 how do you like Downton compared to Upstairs, Downstairs? (which we had just finished watching all seven seasons of and loved it)
Littlejem same question only for a native! We were critiquing cinematic styles last night... LOL
today involves cleaning up my absent son's room to use as bedroom. (hasn't been dusted in 4 years or more, that's what young men are like!) Discovered that the ONLY twin sheet left in the house has his holes in it. We have eight spare top sheets, but only 3 twins and they're all in use. Bummer. Also the blanket I was going to use still stinks of his smelly detergent even after I wash it. Have to pillage one from somewhere.. Also making walker wheels operational, doing my advance directive, and washing dishes which were left dirty on May3 when we went on vacation! And.... generous rest periods. :)

Actually just popping in to say that I just discovered that those psyllium husk fiber pills?? They ain't all that special! If you take 6 of them (each with 8 ounces of water as directed, ok, so you're drowning) you only get half the amount of fiber that you get if you eat 7 triscuits crackers. I love triscuits. I hate drowning.:rotfl: So I can't say as I recommend fiber pills for someone like me who already eats a diet that is just about all fiber! Prune juice here I come!
 
Hello Busy Bee zauberflöte! Sounds like your nesting before the big day on Tuesday. :) I did the same. I know, it has to get done..Too bad none of us can come over and lend a helping hand! (or hip).

You can always use a top sheet as a bottom sheet if you really had to- just tuck it in with hospital corners. That's what we did in the dark ages on the wards. Of course, then it may take rearranging the next day which would be a little too much of a challenge for you.... Ok, so it's sheet shopping for you, I guess...

Take it easy, you'll get it all done in time. Good luck with all of your chores and don't forget to take time out for yourself to catch a little rest in between. Thinking of you. :flwrysmile: TTYL
 
Colin Firth IS Mr. Darcy (Darcey?)

Chris: You've done the right thing in my book by doing all the stuff necessary around the house so you don't have to do it or worry about it one lick after you come home from the hospital. Plus, all that flurry will tucker you out so you can get some rest the night before. The cautionary tale I tried to tell in my thread is that I was woefully behind in getting my house in order and totally stressed out unnecessarily over not having a good place to sit, elevate, rest, etc. Most people my age don't live in a place that's in such a state of flux (was/in in prep for moving and kind of living between two worlds; boxes here and there and where is this box, where'd we put that box), so maybe my cautions will not apply. Also, I live alone and had help only for the first week, so I really needed to have everything clean, ready, reachable, etc. Sounds like you are doing all of that. By the night before your big day, hopefully you will just collapse on the bed, say a little prayer or whatever gets you through the night, and be ready to go with a "Let's just get this show on the road!" attitude.

Thank you for your kind and cheerful and SUPPORTIVE posts to my post-op thread. I appreciate them very much.
This time next week you will have almost one week under your belt!
 
zauberflöte Time sure has flown. You were just a week behind me and now you're almost there. Looking forward to chatting with you on the other side. I am one week post op tomorrow. If you have someone doing things for you at home you've got it made. My husband has been great. I find getting up and getting around with the walker very easy and comfortable but still haven't totally mastered lifting that leg onto the couch to return to resting. I have a leg brace which is probably hampering me but I don't know what it's like without one so this is normal for me for now. Thinking of you and you are going to be so happy!
 
zauberflöte. It's been decades since I watched Upstairs, Downstairs on PBS so it is hard to compare them, but I recall enjoying it very much.
Have you tried a white vinegar rinse for smelly sheets/towels? Always worked for my son's gross sports uniforms.
 
zauberflöte, good luck for Tuesday (here, that's tomorrow!) :dancy: Once you get to the hospital you'll be in and out of surgery before you know it. Is the hospital far from you? Funny, I've just last night finished watching all three series of Downton Abbey and the Christmas and Highland specials. I loved it! I can't believe it's such a long wait for the forth series. But at least there is a fourth series! I loved Voilet's one liners, she is hilarious. I think we've got some of Upstairs Downstairs here too. Must get some other things done before I get stuck into those.

LeeApril26, I made a point of watching that version of Pride and Predjudice, during my recovery, it's my favourite. Definitely recommended.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom