Guest viewing is limited

THR Hi I'm back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know maybe because my hip dislocated so easily before surgery is why I worried so much.. I'm so relieved it doesn't now.. so painful along with bone on bone , just glad its doing so well..
And I'm already so much more "limber" lol, I haven't been able to shave my left side of my left leg for several years and asking hubby to do that ended up with a couple layers of missing skin lol, anyway I have been so tired of long enough to braid leg hair :heehee: that I decided to try to shave that side this evening and I was able to get it all myself, wow, loving my new hip lol.. :dancy::happydance::flwrysmile:
 
That makes perfect sense @Pony. I'm sure if I went through what you did, I'd be quite worried too. Wow, look at you mowing your legs all by yourself! You go girl!!!! I'm very happy for you. It's amazing how certain things we always took for granted in our younger years, can become such accomplishments in our golden years or after a THR (or both).
 
Five weeks and a couple days post surgery. I'm feeling a little too good, I wanta get out and about and not slow down. But alas I have to. Doing quiet a lot of walking, even made it to the barn a couple of days by walking, instead of riding in a vehicle. Only taking a couple Tramadol twice a day, maybe cut back a little soon but really not having much pain. At the end of the day I mostly have a very tight feeling knee with a little pain nothing to bad.
My hip is wonderful.

@Josephine
I'm wondering about the pain/tightness in my knee where my Dr took the hardware out, as I'm walking, when stepping forward as my leg comes back there's a popping feeling just above the knee, doesn't really hurt, just mostly annoying. Is it normal for there to be a popping/tight feeling after having pins removed?
 
Look at you!!! You're doing so good! I bet your horses are so happy that their "mommy" is back amongst them! I hope that knee issue clears up soon, but I think a few aches and pains here and there are pretty normal (at least during the first year post-op). I mean, look what we've been through! :yikes:
 
I bet your horses are so happy that their "mommy" is back amongst them!

I think they are mostly wanting their "ichtys" scratched LOL, And poor Lady, her belly is getting so big, that baby she's carrying is going to be a big one lol..
 
Weeks 4 and 5
Lengthen the walks to about 10-15 minutes once a day, maybe twice a day if it doesn't cause your knee/hip to swell or be painful.


Went back and reviewed the home PT and I think this is probably whats wrong with my knee.... I am walking a bit more then 15 minutes.. :bawl:
Oh I am soooooo impatient.... :flabber:... I am going to cut back, yes I am... :chillpill:
 
@Josephine I'm wondering about the pain/tightness in my knee where my Dr took the hardware out. Is it normal for there to be a popping/tight feeling after having pins removed?
Honey, you are barely 6 weeks out - what you are experiencing is post-op pain! Remember that the term 'pain' also includes other forms such as tightness, soreness, burning, stabbing, throbbing, aching, swelling and stiffness. Thus it needs to be medicated to get it more comfortable. You probably won't need anything strong, just Tylenol 1,000mg 3-4 times a day.
 
Thank you.. @Josephine .. :flwrysmile:

When I was reviewing our reading, I realized, I was trying to go to quickly, I'm just so impatient.. :wave:
 
Hey, @Pony, I'm popping in to let you know that I finally got my referral sorted for the allergist to try to see what could have caused the reaction I had after both surgeries.
I won't be going in until early May, but wanted to let you know that perhaps I'll have some answers in the not too distant future.
It sounds like you're doing great and how wonderful that there is a little foal coming soon!
Keep up the great recovery work. :)
 
Hmm! That's funny, I posted an update yesterday and now its missing, actually a couple posts are missing..
:bawl::chinstroke::flabber::what::shrug:, Wonder where they went.. lol, :dubious:
 
They are working on the problem. I noticed some posts are coming back, guess we will have to be patient.
 
:wave:@Pony I am impatient, and I haven't even had the op yet!!! lol. I can't wait for my op and to move properly again, at least if my left hip will let me. But I am led to believe it will improve somewhat when the right one is done as its not taking so much strain. :flwrysmile:
 
@Pony and all the BS Family, It seems like we could re-name many of us ImpatientRUs after the toy store TOYSRUS. I know for me, as for many of you, our self-expectations are higher than expectations others may put on us. That tends to limit our common sense.
Have a great day!
SweetPea69
 
Ugg! Jury Duty! Really? I think not!.... Of all the times to call me in they pick now. LOL... :tantrum:
So glad dr agreed LOL, don't think I could set that long :groan:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom