Guest viewing is limited

THR Hi I'm back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pony - Glad you're not in too much pain. And sleeping a lot is good - just what your body needs! Hope that itching subsides. The early days can be a bit foggy, so don't worry about posting now. Just take good care of you! :)
 
@Pony sleep as much as you want! It will help you heal!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR in my future.
 
Hi everyone hope all are doing well.. I've had two miserable days.. NOT from my hip.. Had the most horrible night , now I know how my son feels, I broke out badly and was itching horribly. Dr took me off of my anti-biotics and I'm taking benedryl and now I'm finally feeling some better, still itchy buy much better..
My hip isn't giving me any problem lol, I've been so afraid of it getting infection in it but so far, its doing good..
 
So sorry you had a couple of bad days. But sounds like things are getting better. Many people react to medication the way you did. Glad your doctor was responsive. Fingers crossed things continue to ease.
 
So sorry you had a couple of bad days. But sounds like things are getting better. Many people react to medication the way you did. Glad your doctor was responsive. Fingers crossed things continue to ease.


Same here, especially with the benedryl, I stay sleepy along with itchy, but my hip feels good so far, still not allowed to put full weight on it, but dr said half my weight.
The cut was a lot longer/bigger then I expected since he had to take out hardware but I'm good..
 
Lovely to hear from you and what a mixed bag. Sorry about sickness and glad that's now sorted and the cold sore well that sounds like the result of stress. It will go. Pain being under control must be a bonus- that's good. Grab that sleep and don't worry about us. :chillpill: We'll still be here when you pop up again :flwrysmile:
 
Itching...yuck! I'm happy it's better and I'm really happy you're not having any problems with your hip! I guess we have to expect these little hiccups, huh? I just had one with my incision...allergic to the latex in the tape! Hang in there...Hugs! :-)
 
I noticed today for the first time I'm pretty stiff and a little pain in groin area, is this normal for 11 days post surgery? Or am I not moving enough?
 
I am stiff too, but not any pain. I feel like my skin is so tight from swelling.
 
@Pony
You pretty much described my condition. Mild discomfort in the groin area when I walk. I had the stiffness more a few days ago, but it's improved tremendously. You're a few days behind me, so it sounds to me what you're experiencing is "normal".
 
My PT said that the groin pain on my op side was partly due to the fact that muscles and tendons that were used to the distance around my crushed femur were now stretched out more around the new hip. She tried massaging the tight muscles at the very top of my leg on the inside of my thigh and it helped some.


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR in my future.
 
Hey guys, still here, doing some better. Moving around better in the mornings , pretty stiff by evening, most of my pain is around my knee, I'm assuming where he increased the length of my leg an took out the pins from the nail ..
I can tell I'm gaining some of my strength back seems like slow going, I'm starting to get impatient, which I know probably isn't a good thing, having to keep myself reined in..
So ready to get out of the house, feeling so boxed in.. Hubby is a wonderful nurse, he's still taking care of me and our son who is on his third round of prednisone for his allergy to pennesyln "sp".. poor fella is so itchy, I'm glad mine has eased up..
 
Hi Pony. Stiffness is quite normal in early recovery....and it's important to keep your pain med schedule consistent so you stay ahead of pain. It's very common for folks to want to cut back on pain meds asap....but this was MAJOR HUGE surgery, and it takes time to heal. Many of us continue to have soft tissue pain for anywhere from 3 to 6 months beyond the initial surgery. Long after the incision itself is healed, there is soft tissue up and down your leg that is still tender from all the disturbance during the surgery.

And yes, impatience is your enemy. Too much too soon frequently sets a hippie up for various and sundry tendonitis issues, and if those become chronic they are hard to eradicate. So prevention in the first place is the sensible thing to strive for. Of course none of us wants to be told to back it off, when we are just finally feeling like we're raring to go. But six months of true patience now will get you many years of pleasure beyond that.

Sharon
 
So good to see you're gaining strength slowly but surely! As we've been told, look at this as a marathon rather than a sprint.

I'm not familiar with your hometown (Ripley), so I'm not sure what your weather is like, but if it's nice out, maybe hubby can drive you to a local park to get out of the house? I'm about ready to head out to my follow-up visit with my PCP and am as excited as a mouse with a big hunk of cheese! :heehee: Just getting out of the house makes a world of difference emotionally.

Awww, your poor little "fella"! Nothing worse than those terrible itchies that can be quite irritating! Hopefully he will get better real soon.

Give hubby a big high five from me! I've read quite a few posts where some hubbies could use a dose of compassion. I've been blessed with a hubby who treats me like the queen of the Nile (I need to give him an extra hug and thank you today, as I have a tendency to take him for granted).

Prayers sent for you and your son today. :loveshwr:
 
Its been pretty icky and rainy here, but not to cold at least.. So ready for warm dry weather, probably a good thing its not been dry lol.
My hubby is like that "treating me like the queen of the Nile", lol.. He takes after his mom as far as worrying about people and how they are feeling.. She was the sweetest lady, a lot like my own mom was..
Got a sick migraine yesterday evening was in bed all evening feeling like throwing up, awful evening but much better this morning, another visit by coyote's last night they always get bad this time of year, love listening to them but worry about all the small animals around..
Still no pain to speak of in my hip other then if I walk much it feels "tight" I guess from swelling still? My knee however is still a little painful/stiff and a little tender around where the surgery sight is.. and a little itchy..
still not allowed to put all my weight on it he said half my first follow up is this Friday, ready to get out for a little while even if it is to the dr's office lol..
My main problem is knee and lower back even though they are not too bad..
 
Sorry to hear you had a migraine, glad your hubby is being sweet. Mine is more of a curmudgeon! Hang in there!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR in my future.
 
17 days and I'm feeling pretty good, walking around the yard, getting into bed myself and moving around without much pain, still having a knap at least once a day.. My appetite is getting back to normal.. Feeling like I might finally be getting back to normal after all these years... :flwrysmile::happydance::yay:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom