THR Hi I'm back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pony Im thrilled to hear you are doing so well! It's amazing how things start to fall into place, given time. I'm a couple of weeks behind you, and feel pretty much the same. If it's any help to you, my PT told me this week, that pain in the hip does go to the knee.
Just think - you and Athena will grow in strength together this summer !!!!
 
@Pony Im thrilled to hear you are doing so well! It's amazing how things start to fall into place, given time. I'm a couple of weeks behind you, and feel pretty much the same. If it's any help to you, my PT told me this week, that pain in the hip does go to the knee.
Just think - you and Athena will grow in strength together this summer !!!!
:wave::flwrysmile:
 
Today we stopped at a restaurant that I hadn't been to for a while since before my surgery, the girl who usually served us came over and said "wow, your really doing well!" , I told her that I finally had my hip replacement , she said she could tell I was walking so much better.. "It made me feel so good to finally hear someone had noticed how much better I was doing.. :happydance::yes!:
The couple over across from us asked me who my dr was and I told him/them it was Dr. Castle and he told me that was their dr, his wife had had both knee's done and he had his left hip done and was getting ready to have his right hip done.. They were a very nice couple and asked my name he was getting ready to go to his appointment and he said he was going to tell the dr he had saw me and I was tickled with my hip LOL... :roseshwr:
I'm gaining in strength I can tell even if it is slow and still having a little pain in my knee and lower thigh but nothing major.. :egypdance::wave:
 
Actually where he's at is at Charleston and that's about an hour away lol.. Bit of a bigger town :wave:
 
Ugg been fighting with allergies/asthma and haven't done a lot the past few days, feeling a little better this morning and walked to the barn and my entire thigh all the way down to my knee and around it was hurting pretty bad... I hate coughing my head off and not being able to breath.... and allergy meds and asthma meds stink , they do not work...
 
What a shame having to deal with breathing difficulties! So sorry to hear that @Pony! I've been finding the more I walk, the more I experience niggling discomforts (always in the buttocks region) even in my first THR hip. I guess it's par for the course. As they say, it takes about a year to be fully recovered. Hang in there buddy! Your little foal is about as adorable as they come and she's growing so fast!
 
Sorry I haven't update, still feeling pretty miserable, med's not working very well several different types of allergy and asthma medicine, beginning to feel like a dope addict.. Still not able to do a lot because I get out of breath so easily, dr mentioned sending me to allergist yet again for more testing, ugg... I feel like I'm drowning , sorry for the mental picture.. I've cleared my throat so much and coughed so much my chest, stomach and neck muscles are achy and sore, only gets worse at night, sleeping sitting up.. two weeks of this, I think I'm starting to feel better on occasion and go outside and it comes right back, I wish what ever I'm allergic to would stop blooming..
I finally get to where I can walk without pain and then my lungs act up .....
:banghead::tantrum::censored:
 
Gosh, you are dealing with so much! Hope this eases quickly. Please keep us updated.
 
I may not feel well but Little Athena is .. [Bonesmart.org] Hi I'm back..
 
Love seeing Athena kick up her heels! Hope you feel better soon, Pony.
 
SC is like pollen hell isn't it?! I was afraid they might cancel my LTHR last week because I was so congested, but luckily, no! Feel better!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
Still feeling like a dope addict, still miserable, making a new appointment with the allergist... still coughing my head off.. bleh!...... :eeeuw::dead::elevate::swoon:
 
Hey just to update, Still fighting with this terrible allergy, coughing for over a month now, and finishing another round of anti biotics.. Went back to my dr today but didn't get to see her as she had a family emergency..
My dad just got back out of the hospital he had pneumonia yet again and now my cousin is in the same hospital with it.. Seems everyone is having lots of problems..
But I'm having very little problems with my hip, I'm still gaining strength and limping a lot less as long as I'm paying attention lol, who knew it would be so hard to quit limping when you don't have pain...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom