THR Hi I'm back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pony, the only way I can keep myself from rolling over is to have my bed (a single) next to a wall, pillows against that wall, and myself up against those pillows while I lie on my side with a pillow between my legs. I have to do this to prevent myself from sleeping on my back, because I have obstructive sleep apneas when on my back, and I get massively interrupted and unrefreshing sleep when I do so. This method would keep you from rolling to your other side, for sure, although I know it is extreme and not possible for everyone. It's the only way I can do it, though, and I am glad I have found this solution. I think if my bed were wider than a single, I'd probably wiggle forward and end up on my back or other side. With the single, I can't move forward, or I'd fall off.

It all depends on how much the "falling asleep" of your leg, and the subsequent discomfort of the blood flowing through the tissue again is bothering you. I had this happen a number of times to my arm, the one one the side I am lying on, early in recovery, and it was terrible, and I hated it! Eventually it stopped, thank goodness, as I was able to move around more easily in bed and took the pressure off of those same spots more frequently.
 
@Krista , I've been using a couple extra pillows and so far even though they keep falling off the bed it seems to be working ..
I had my 1 year checkup today, got xrays ect. Dr was very happy , said everything looked good and told me my next appointment was in two to three years unless I start having problems...
I told him I felt like I had been let out of jail.. That I was doing everything I wanted too including horseback riding.. Yea!
[Bonesmart.org] Hi I'm back..
 
Pony, that photo made my whole day! You sure do seem to be enjoying that new hip.
 
That's terrific, @Pony! Thrilled that now you aren't having as bad a problem with the rolling into a position that ends up hurting you. And what a sweet pic of you doing what you love! Keep enjoying your new life!
 
@Pony just more proof there is a new beginning post THR! Thanks for the update!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom