Guest viewing is limited

THR Hi I'm back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done @Pony ! Recovery is all about trial and error. What seems impossible one day is very easy another. Such great news!
 
@Pony - all very encouraging to hear. At least it's your arms now not your hips eh? That must be a sort of relief? Wonderful to hear you're sleeping well - a bonus, especially when you hear so many on here saying how badly they suffer from sleep deprivation. :chillpill: I have always believed it is nature's cure. All good news. :yahoo:
 
Ahh good to hear @Pony. You use so much energy on crutches. ❣

I really never realized how much energy it took to use a walker or crutch's, but yea, definitely

I've never been one to shop a lot, but since I've been able to get out, I'm using the stores as an exercise area lol, we've been having either rain or snow so it pretty much stays muddy not to mention my yard is my horses pasture as well so that don't help matters and lots of deer lol..

I'm wondering if anyone has a problem with they're hands peeling, "dry skin", I've never had a problem before but right now my hands and the very bottom of my feet are peeling terribley, I know in the hospital when I was itching so much the first places I started itching was the palms of my hands and the bottoms of my feet and that's where I'm peeling, it looks horrible and doesn't seem like the hand lotion is helping and I'm not peeling anywhere else, just the palms of my hands and bottoms of feet, not itching just peeling...
I did have blisters on the back side middle of my palms which are now gone but its went further then that..

I'm still having so much fun walking and am actually out walking hubby LOL, he told me today his feet were getting sore LOL... :heehee:
 
Drats, I can't remember who it was, but I know someone had a similar experience. Not sure, but @DeepBreath comes to mind. If it wasn't Deepbreath, she may remember who it was.

Gosh, I'm so happy for you! Look at you leaving hubby in the dust! I love it! :heehee:
 
@Cynthia777, yes, it was me. You have a good memory, lady! :)
@Pony, I have had that same kind of reaction three times after surgery. The first time was 15 years ago and then after both of my THR's. I had made my OS and the anesthesiologist aware of this prior to my surgeries this past fall and they tried removing the things that were known for causing problems, but I still encountered it.
As far as I can tell from my research, it is Erythema Multiforme. My OS wondered if I was experiencing Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, but my reaction didn't seem to fit the severity of that condition.
I now have a referral to an allergist and I can hopefully find some answers as to why this happens to me. I probably won't see the allergist until May sometime, but as I go through the process I will keep you updated if you'd like. If you get any good answers I would sure appreciate it if you'd give me a tag.
So far, I seem to have everybody on the Ortho team who worked on me stumped as to what is causing it.
Just a tip, but I found that the O'Keeffe's Working Hands lotion worked really well in soothing my palms and soles and helping keep them hydrated.
I hope this resolves for you soon. :)
 
@DeepBreath

but as I go through the process I will keep you updated if you'd like. If you get any good answers I would sure appreciate it if you'd give me a tag.

I would appreciate that and if I find out anything will sure let you know..
 
Today was the first time since surgery we went to my dad's and husbands sister, we made a "round" trip lol, Didn't do too bad, a little stiff when we got back home, done quiet a bit of walking, my hip is no problem at all, my knee though is another thing... Very stiff and tight by the time we got home, we spent approx. a half hour in Walmart walking around, my shoulder was giving me some problems the one I broke and had surgery on several years ago...
The weather was beautiful..
 
I'm so amazed at my hip, I had pain and stiffness in it for so long and now, "just wow", my knee was still a little stiff this morning but much better, "isn't ice wonderful", but I'm very sore in the one shoulder, hopefully it will strengthen up.. I'm ready to go again today lol..
 
The word of the day for your recovery so far is FREEDOM! You're doing so well @Pony! I can't remember if you're still using a walking aid (walker, crutches or cane), but if so, I'm wondering if the use of one of these is straining your shoulder? :loveshwr:
 
I'm wondering if the use of one of these is straining your shoulder? :loveshwr:

Yes, that's what is going on, my dr wants me to stay on the walker for another six weeks/well until my next appointment April 8th, I have been using the crutch's when we go out and that is what is causing most of the problems.. that and the fact I broke it several years ago after being thrown from a horse, I had surgery in it, didn't have good insurance at the time and so they didn't give me the new shoulder they said I needed, just put some screws in it and the collar bone and and let it grow back the way it was, I've had problmes with it ever since.. but at least they did put screws in it to hold it together, they told me had I been any older they would have just let it be and not done anything with it.. A horrible cruelty they do to older people..
 
I use both, which ever seems to help at the time, usually ice is a little more helpful then heat.
It is cruel, my aunt fell a few month before she passed away, I told her daughters to go ahead and make the dr at least pin her arms in place which helped with my pain trememdously, they wouldn't insist, the nurses at the nursing home were so rough with her, and then finally Becky insisted they pin the one shoulder, it was so horrible watching her suffer so much, especially when I knew how bad it was..
 
@Cynthia777 I agree, but I'm of the mind that the nurses who were so rough on my aunt "or anyone" for that matter will eventually pay for it, most likely they will end up in that very same predicament..

I wonder if anyone other then me worried so much about their new hip going out and was so extremely surprised when it hasn't even felt the slightest twinge of acting like it was going to go out of socket, we are given all these precautions, and mine has been perfect so far, I know I've not had it very long lol but I was so used to moving so careful because it constantly felt like it was out of socket and hurting and now there's no pain there, it blows my mind.. My knee is still a little stiff and of course if I use the crutch's my shoulders hurt.. but not my hip , so relieved it isn't popping in and out lol.. :good-bad::yahoo:
 
I don't know why (since I'm such a worrier), but I haven't even thought about a dislocation. My hip feels like it "belongs" there. I was so worried pre-op that my hip would never feel like it had always been there, but it does. It's just wonderful (fingers crossed :heehee:). It's really been an amazing journey so far.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom