Guest viewing is limited

THR Hi I'm back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I looked outside and saw it snowing like a blizzard LOL... Oh well.. Still feeling much better and looking forward to spring... :rofsign:
 
First appointment today, dr was pleased with my progress, taking only tramadol for pain which is working well, incision looks good, when the nurse took off the clear/dressing I think she took off a couple layers of skin with it LOL, but she said it looked good, by the time we got back home the middle was oozing a little hope it was only from the pulling on it from the dressing, assuming that's it..
Dr still doesn't want me to put all my weight on it, he says to "gradually" put more weight on it over the next 6 weeks.. to stay on my walker until then and not take any chances the bone is healing and we don't want any setbacks... got rid of the ""stockings"" lol, so glad they are gone..
Next appointment six weeks... :angel::thumb:
 
@Pony
The same thing happened to me with the clear dressing! My OS ripped it off so fast, I thought my head would spin! I'm pretty sure he took some skin with it because it started bleeding a little around the outside area of the incision. it's been two weeks since he removed the dressing and I'm still getting some oozing (yellowish) at the top and at the bottom of the incision. I have an OS appointment on Monday, just to make sure it isn't infected. Is there a specific reason your OS has limited your weight-bearing? My OS never gave me any restrictions, so I'm curious if he's just not a very careful surgeon. You sound great!
 
Every dr I've went to has mentioned my very small bones, and he said something about the dr who did the surgery for my intertrochanteric fracture having drilled a very large area around the rod/nail he put down my bone to the top of my knee and also the two pins he took out right/above the knee, I have a four inch incision there where he took them out as well as the 12 in incision on the side that runs around to my behind where he took out the rod/pins there too, he said the hip he put in was only about six inch's into the bone so he's wanting me to be careful until the bone fills in, he said we didn't want another break, and its for sure I don't lol..
 
Ooh...you really have been through the ringer my friend! It makes sense that you would have different restrictions based on what you've had done. Im praying your recovery keeps going well for you. You seem very positive and that's a good thing! Hugs @Pony!
 
I can't believe how much better I'm feeling each day, actually went to the barn this morning after having Snowman come on the hunt of me yesterday lol, I heard some banging at the door and went to look and there was Snow looking in at me lol, got me some smooch's and he seemed satisfied and went to pick grass:roseshwr:, Lady could care less, she was down the bank picking on what little grass there is..
I'm loving the no pain in my hip, just wishing the tight feeling in my knee would get better.. :flwrysmile::happydance:
 
just wishing the tight feeling in my knee would get better
Still early days for you my friend. With all your complications - just give this time. Ice that knee and see if some of this eases. Your doing really well!
 
Oh Wow! I had a Wonderful day!..
I've been so tired of staying in and just the short walks around the yard and barnyard, today we went to Charleston actually lthe first time I've went to a store myself since surgery, pre-surgery the longest I could walk would have been ten to fifteen minutes and I would be worn out and hurting and would be done for the rest of the day.. I would sit in the vehicle while hubby and son done all the shopping..
Today, we went to get the horses feed and then stopped by Lowes for a couple things I've been practicing with the crutch's in the house, "yea , I know Dr. Castle told me to stay on the walker, but I just hate being seen using it", but when we went into Lowes I used the crutch's , first thing my right crutch slid on some oil on the floor but I caught it, only hurt my knee a little, I walked for about 20 to 25 minutes with no problem other then my arms got tired LOL, OH how I loved it!
But after we stopped at Walmart I decided to go in with them there too, as I wasn't way to tired and my hip wasn't hurting at all,, so in I went... We walked around that time at least 25 minutes, I was tired by the time I got back to the vehicle but was in no pain, only my knee felt a little tight..
Wow what a difference, even my other foot which always felt like it was so tired it would drop off after a little while of walking had no pain what so ever..
We'll see how I feel tomorrow but right now after laying down for a little while with ice packs on my knee I feel fine..
I told my husband if someone asked me if I would do it all over again, I told him "in a heartbeat!"..
Loving my new hip!... :wowspring::yes!::flwrysmile::egypdance:
 
How great is that @Pony! You're doing SO well and I'm so happy for you! I bet it scared the you know what out of you when you slid in the oil! :yikes: Thank goodness you didn't fall!!!!! I hope you feel great tomorrow, but if you're a bit sore, just pack on that ever so glorious ice. :-)
 
LOL, Yes it did, I just knew I was a gonner...
Still feeling alright, my arms are more sore then anything, keeping ice on as my leg still feels tight but not hurting.. I still can't believe I walked as long as I did and didin't start hurting bad.. I'm going to take it easy tomorrow anyway .. I finally feel like I'm starting to move forward.. :happydance:
 
Glad to hear your doing well @Pony.
It's amazing how tired you get and the amount of sleeping you do. You go from poor sleep pre surgery to post surgery can't stop sleeping. Hehehe. Take care rest up xx
 
Great you are finally getting out and about! I found the best approach was to allow a rest day after an active day. Pretty soon the rest days get shorter.

@Pony can you please put your surgery date in your signature? Here's a thread that tell you how.
How to create a signature
 
I keep getting an error message, and I've looked through what I think was all of Bonesmart trying to find out how to create a signature, "maybe I've missed it" I have no idea how to do it.. @Jaycey
 
Just to let everyone know, after my day out yesterday, I'm doing fine LOL, my arms are a little sore from using the crutch's and my knee still feels tight, but not hurting, the incision sites are a little tender but they were before hand anyway.
I slept like a log LOL, very worn out from all the exercise but very happy.. :curtsey::wave::yes!::happydance::flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom