THR Hi Ho Hi Ho....

Lovely post. So impressed that you’re doing 10000 steps a day. I feel exactly the same about swimming I hate getting wet at the best of times so I’m thus weather it’s never going to happen. Wonderful to hear that you have events you’ve aiming for. This is what I’m aiming for in early summer. It’ll be a round trip
https://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/visiting/trails/monsaltrail
 
:happyfeet:happy dance for you!
Isn't it glorious tip get back to life without hip pain!?
Hi Ho Hi Ho ...Onward and upward you go!:yes!:
 
Hi @Jackie222 and @Mojo333, how's the weather with you? I'm just back in from a bracing walk on the beach on the North Sea coast! 2 degrees C and lashing down with rain. Must be crazy but at least the dog seemed to be enjoying it. At least she had the sense to stay out of the sea today!
 
Quite a weather event you are having! Your recovery is going so well. I don’t think I was at 10,000 steps at four months with first hip, but maybe I can be there with second.

Good luck with the rest of the weather and returning to clinic duties.
 
Starting to thaw so very slushy to walk on. We’re up to 7 degrees. Not much rain yet. So after a quick visit to the in-laws we had a wander round the shops. Now back home attacking the washing mountain!!
 
:hi:
We've been hearing a lot within the forum about this Beast from the East.
Sounds like it putting you all out of commission. May it soon end!

You sound wonderful. And to realize it will only continue to get better. Yay for second chances!
Stay safe, warm and have a great week!
@gillycat11
 
And just like that- the snow's all but gone! Rain and drizzle yesterday and overnight. Balmy 6 degrees today.
Work 07:30- 12:30, leaving loads of "me time". Everywhere dog wanting to go is boggy and slippy so barred from the fun by hubby. He still thinks I'll come apart if I'm not wrapped in cotton wool! At least it gave me the chance to grab a swim. Half a mile today.
Feels looser after swim- not in a bad, disassembled way, less tight and soooo nice.
Grinning like a Cheshire Cat.
 
And just like that- the snow's all but gone! Rain and drizzle yesterday and overnight. Balmy 6 degrees today.
Work 07:30- 12:30, leaving loads of "me time". Everywhere dog wanting to go is boggy and slippy so barred from the fun by hubby. He still thinks I'll come apart if not wrapped in cotton wool.
Anyway, I got to go swimming and it felt soooo good. Looser and more flexible.
Now grinning like a Cheshire Cat.
 
Whoops don't know what happened there, thought the first message had been eaten by the Internet. What with that and autocorrect I'm surprised I can do anything on line- except shopping.
 
Great news you enjoyed your swim! @gillycat11

The snow stopped for you and will soon begin here. It's just before noon and still not a flake in sight.
School was canceled because they're predicting a dicey evening commute once the snow begins.
Five to inches forecast.... more in some areas.
Balmy 6 degrees for you :rotfl:
Winter is getting old :tantrum: Hope your week is great. Wishing you many more relaxing swims :swim:
 
Not such great news about the snowy weather you're expecting @Layla. Apart from just being cold and disruptive, it really interferes with the recovery and motivation. Not to mention any planned diet. More chocolate anyone?
Wishing you a great week too.
 
You sound splendid.
Mojo the dog is on timeout. He doesn't get a treat, and he got a quick bath and looks like a ragamuffin. Is supposed to rain here tomorrow all day and I have our main benefactors coming tomorrow for a review and walk through for the food bank.
I have to spiffy up and act nice.
Both hard to do for me, so pray I make it through the day ....
Hope you have a great week.:) :-) (:
 
Last edited:
You spiffy up just fine! You could argue, though, that too spiffy isn't appropriate for a working food bank and dealing with its clientele. (Just remember, I'm the one that can come up with a justification for almost anything! :rotfl:)
 
Last edited:
I've heard, you can put lipstick on a pig, but..
Yea, I clean up OK.
Once a year, or maybe for a funeral ....:heehee:
 
Full day interviewing today. Sitting all day hard on my butt! At least it was still light when I got back in and was able to walk the dog after tea. Hubby's on late shift and son is out with his girlfriend. Now I'm in my pjs, watching TV with a can of coke, wondering when i can have a beer.
After all "its not drinking alone if the dog's at home".
 
I'm always with "me, myself and I" - and, if you count my split personality, there's at least 6 of us. Imagine if we all had a drink!

With both of my THR, I had a goal of being off the meds by a certain date to be able to imbibe on a special occasion. I wouldn't recommend getting off meds too quickly just for that purpose, but it gave me something to shoot for.
 
Wow, with all 6 of you, your sofa must be really crowded!
Came off main meds some time ago- odd paracetamol every now and again now.
The beer's definitely for fun now!
 
Another week down and better than last week. Less uncomfortable, more like normal.
Weather here's taken turn for the better so able to get out a bit more in sunshine!
My daughter lives 90 miles from us and they had snow again yesterday. She unfortunately skidded into a parked car on her way to work so yesterday- no one hurt but she was shaken up a bit. Spent ages texting and calling each other to give her advice and reassurance. All getting sorted now and her car will be fixed next week. Kids- they're a worry when they're little and still a worry when they're older.
On the topic of children- I'd like to wish all you mams out there a Happy Mother's Day for Sunday and to everyone else - have a great weekend!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom