Guest viewing is limited

THR Herman's Debut! Jill's Recovery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 16 and What a Wonderful Day It Was!
:) Staples Out! :) Released from PT! :) I'm one Happy Camper! :) ....plus I'm rated as one of Dr. D's SuperStars :) Getting My Life Back Feels So Darn Good :)

I go back on June 21 for x-rays and to see how I'm doing with my walking, gait, etc. Still on my cane for now :) He said to use it until I can walk unaided with no limp. Not there yet, but hey! it's only been 2 weeks!

Hubby presented me with a Garmin VivoFit 2 to celebrate. Love that it syncs to my phone and beeps me to get up and move every hour! Hopefully I can begin to lose these 20 extra slug-pounds :yes!:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Day 17 ~ PT Piranhas & Red Hair Day

Hi BoneSmart Family!
Today I was again pampered by my friend and hairdresser, Shasta. She's a peach. She gave me New Red Hair to go with my Brand New Hip. Picture below. Hide your kids and pets lol.

Had zero pain and zero energy drain today!! I bet I go to sleep early tonight!

Yesterday my OS discharged me from PT. So this morning I called to let them know that I would no longer need their services and to please take me off the schedule. The woman I talked to then wanted me to call my OS and tell them to fax over papers, like she didn't believe me. Then she said I would have to have another home visit for them to "discharge me for ins purposes". I told her I wouldn't be home today, and I'm thinking why do you need to visit when you'll have my DOCTOR's release? (I'll tell you why...it's all about squeezing out that last Medicare Dollar!) She said that someone would come out tomorrow. Great. So Hubby drops me at Shasta's, comes home and is talking to his brother on the phone, and call waiting announces that it's PT. He is clueless about call waiting, so he ignores the call. When he does hang up, the phone rings and it says Private Caller. SNEAKY. She thought we just weren't answering HER call! When he answers, it's the same PT person still wanting to come here. He again tells them that I'm gone for the afternoon. Let me say that Hair Day is a wonderful event of Hair, Laughs and sometimes Wine. So Yes, it's an afternoon for me! Meantime, I've called my OS and his girls are puzzled because those papers had already been sent to PT yesterday. I tell y'all....the stress that this PT place puts on me is never-ending. They are vultures for the almighty dollar. I hate that they "must" come out one more time. Isn't my OS discharge enough? I wish they would go take care of patients who can't do for themselves and who need help learning to walk, etc. I'm not that patient. Rant is over. Thank you for letting me vent!!
[Bonesmart.org] Herman's Debut! Jill's Recovery :)




 
Your red hair looks great! I think your home health care is a huge rip off! I had two different home health care companies and I just rang them up and said I didn't need them anymore and that was it. No last visit! Ridiculous!
 
OOOO-LA-LA! Who IS that RED HEAD lounging in that zero-gravity throne? ~ Funny thing...as I scrolled down I saw the pretty purple flower, then the red flower....thinking "Oh, how pretty with the brook in the background.....and THEN......there she is!!! Lovin' what Shasta has done....especially along with a bit of wine!
 
@gullimac @Cynthia777 @Nana2-8
Thank You, Thank You All! Yes red hair is fun!

Agree with you CC..... The vibe I'm getting is just that. BS. And thanks for your input about that last visit. I can think of no reason they need to come out again. IMO, my OS release trumps their release all day long. Hummmmm..... We'll see what tomorrow brings lol.
 
Anti-Gravity chairs on sale at Kohls this weekend -- also a $10 off coupon in the flyer I go today --guess where I'm going ........
Hmmm. Maybe my knee hip will be called Lucy --hoping for major loosening and increased flexibiltiy.
Lovely red hair color -- I was a very fine haired natural ash blonde now going white...
 
@Jillie422 Just wanted to say :hi:
and congratulate you on a fantastic progress report, and love all your pics! What an oasis you live in! Beautiful!
Love the red hair! I am thinking about getting the Garmin as well. We were around friends this weekend and they all had one.

I was venting along side you with regard to the PT and homecare. I have to say mine was pretty good but there were a few 'pushy' situations by them but I just ignored them and moved on. It is a racket! I barely used the PT and I know they weren't happy about that!

Enjoy your weekend!
 
Wooooohoooooo @Chihuahuan !! I'm sitting in my Zero now and it's just the perfect seat for enjoying the outdoors and also for inside TV watching. I also love it because we can take it with us if we visit....since you never know what the seating situation might be. Sounds like you're getting a great buy at Kohl's too! :wow:

@keepmovin ~~ I'm really lovin' my VivoFit 2 :yahoo:I love the way it syncs with the Garmin Connect App. You can choose which activities you want it to track and it does that individually. Mine is just tracking my walking from the time I get up till bedtime. It's easy to set up too!

PT came.... Sent a sweetie to close out my time with them. They're so busy that I can't figure out why they were so eager to hang on to me. Oh well! Matters Not! Needless to say, she was impressed with my progress and thought I'd had the Anterior approach. Nope... Just an absolutely amazing surgeon who Really Cares about changing his patient's lives. Lucky me to have him just 20 minutes away in our tiny rural community :)

Today I not only walked 3/4 mile , but I felt froggy enuf to sprint (lol) up the hill to the mailbox! Hubby said.... Geeeesh....I can't leave you out here alone for one minute!!! Yes, I did sneak away when we went inside for a minute lol. I'll prob pay for it tomorrow, but so far, so good.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend BoneSmart Family!
:froggies::froggies::froggies::froggies:
:spider:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I continue to be so proud of your recovery! You are doing so well....can you believe it was only on May 9th and today is the 26th? What an inspiration. If only everyone's could be so smooth ('course everyone doesn't have access to your wonderful surgeon). Who'd-a-thunk you'd be having such a wonderful Memorial Day weekend???
 
@Nana2-8 ...... You're right..I never thought I'd be this mobile by Memorial Day.... am so grateful and feeling so blessed, that's for sure! Yes....I do wish everyone could have my surgeon, hospital and experience. I've talked with other patients of Dr. D....and the stories are the same. Wish you could come here for yours!! Any new news???
 
@Jillie422 - So glad to hear how well you are doing! So inspirational! I am 9 days out from surgery and am feeling a bit better/stronger each day. I don't think my pain medicine was the best choice to go home with (Nucynta), but they've now added a night time muscle relaxer too which seems to help. Keep up the good work!
 
And you too @Sommers16 ! It's wonderful to be alive again, isn't it??!!!!! So happy you're improving each day too. Had no energy drain yesterday, despite my big day.... But boy oh boy did I crash last night! xoxoxo
 
Day 18? Or is it 19
Life with Herman is a joy! Today Hubby took me to town....we live in a tiny little town...and the local veggie man and the guy at the hardware store both noticed that I was walking upright and with A Smile instead of that pain-ridden grimace. I did my daily walking in the local shops and then we had lunch at the Hoppy Trout, which serves wood-fired pizza and locally crafted beers. Fun Date Day! Feels So darn great to be able to walk without pain!!

My VivoFit informs me that I've walked 1788 steps so far today :) Love that thing!!
Pain level is still zero, but I am still taking a half of a Percocet every 3 to 4 hours. Energy level is definitely up....no complete drains in the last few days. I'm having my Miralax Cocktail just 3 times a week now, and those are keeping things running smoothly <wink,wink>.

How's everyone else this Memorial Day Weekend??
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom