Guest viewing is limited

THR Herman's Debut! Jill's Recovery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been MIA due to work pressures (and so they continue .......) and am VERY sorry to be neglectful .... Am doing well with the new hip but gradually experiencing more pain with the yet to be operated one. Will be operated on in Sep/Oct just waiting for a firm date. Hope all is well with you.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sorry I've been missing in action.... And missing my BoneSmart Family! Too much company here at Thompson's Place By The River. It's been constant!

Been feeling absolutely super great... Zero pain and lots of good energy...until today when I started having a sharp pain in my butt on op side. Herman's not happy! Tomorrow I will use my cane again until it's gone. Pain the the Butt?????....It could be granddaughter and her friends lol. Am so ready to have my quiet, peaceful River Garden back!

Any ideas on this newly occurring butt pain??
 
@Jillie422 - lovely to hear all is well apart, that is, from the pain you've just experienced. I'm no medic, but I wonder if the clue is that things have been busy ..... ? I definately get knocked backwards on my recovery when I overdo it, and I'm a few weeks ahead of you. I get the pain mainly in the underside of my buttock (I guess where the two new bits meet?) It is very tempting to believe we're all fixed when we feel so much better, but the healing process can take up to a year according to my OS, so we have to be mindful of that. The only way I deal with it is to take off the strain and not do too much for a few days, then it eases. :friends:Hope this helps.
 
I have had pain both high up n my butt and at other times in my groin. In my case, as it sounds in yours, it was do to over use. As @Miss Muffet said, we get to a point where we "forget" we've just had major joint replacement surgery :) This leads to over use. For me a couple of days rest righted the ship.

My PT told me something that keeps me from freaking out in these circumstances. If I do anything to the actual joint, rather than soft tissue, I will be in excruciating pain:hairpulling:

Kyle
 
If I do anything to the actual joint, rather than soft tissue, I will be in excruciating pain:hairpulling:

Really great one to remember! Thanks for that!

Am so ready to have my quiet, peaceful River Garden back!

I can't stand a lot of noise and people around me! True introvert. When do you get your River Garden back?
 
@Jillie422 ~ You could NEVER be 'a pain in the butt'.....but if that's where it is, I guess the butt can be a pain! ~ I am picturing you sitting on your deck, with a cup of tea, slightly fading red locks, big, contented smile on your face, listening to the brook below...thinking well wishes for all your hippie buddies. (No kids in sight!!!)
 
Hi CC! Hi Everyone! OhMyGosh.....yes! I've been a busy bee! Had to leave the cool of our NC mountains for the hellish heat of central Florida a week early just to get rid of unwanted company. Geeeesh. The nerve of some ppl! Hubby has had a rough time coming back here, knowing his mom is gone....those awful "firsts" that we have to face head on when we lose a precious loved one. The heat and the rain are never ending here....just awful. We still have almost 2 weeks here until we head to the northern beaches.

Speaking of beaches @Cynthia777...when is your vacation?? Have I missed it???? So sorry I've been absent. I've missed all of you terribly.

@Nana2-8 .....only a week to go until your date with Dr Awesome! I'm hoping when we move up to a cooler place in the Ocala National Forest that we will have a signal every now and then so I can check on you....but last time I was there, technology was still in the 80s lol.

As far as Herman goes....he's still my best friend and we're having a fine time together as our 3 month anniversary approaches in a couple of weeks. I haven't tried yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm able to paint my own toenails!! Soon I will try. I'm walking nicely...but still sometimes use my trusty cane if I'm going a long distance. I just don't want to develop a limp...so if I'm tired, I still use it. Call me a baby! lol

Hope all y'all are doing ok, I promise to read and catch up with what you're up to!
 
I'm so sorry you and your husband are going through this very difficult time. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

I'm happy to hear Herman has been behaving himself! It's nice to have such a wonderful lifelong friend! :heehee:

I don't leave on vacation until August 9th, but boy oh boy, with a temperature of 104 degrees here, I can't wait to get to the beach!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom