THR Herman's Debut! Jill's Recovery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @Jillie422, so pleased to hear that you are busy and happy! It's fun to see old high school friends. I got together with two friends that I went to elementary and high school with a couple of weeks ago that I hadn't seen in decades. We laughed and talked non-stop. Will see each other again for our 50th high school reunion this fall. I've been getting used to my CPAP machine for the last week. That's practically a full-time job at first, learning all about it, figuring out how to use everything right. Finally getting the hang of it.
 
@Jillie422 ~ How's it going with the 'tween? I do hope you are taking care of yourself and resting when you can...if for no other reason than to remind her that you are ONLY 5 weeks into recovery!!! We all know that you are the 'poster patient' of recovery, but SHE doesn't need to know that!
I've been busy trying to do things I want done 'before' - ya know, things like trying to set up my walker. There's planting of flower pots (which I then think "who's going to water these for a few weeks?") Also, doing some ironing which is upstairs. Trying to organize. Steal time with my little loves. Finding that I must pace myself. I'm convinced that the OS has us stop meds prior to surgery just so we are "ever-so-grateful" when it's all behind us! I know I sure am looking forward to that day.....and then on to recovery!
Weather is just perfect in my neck of the woods.....a great Father's Day weekend to celebrate! xxoo
 
WooooHoooooo @Nana2-8 ! Sounds like you're on fire getting ready! I too did that, only to discover that I felt SO Much Better after the surgery that I really could've rested more during that gawd awful pre-op pain! Yup..... got that walker purchased and all ready.... Never used it. I was already so dependent on my cane that it just seemed more natural and steady to continue using it instead of that walker. (Glad Medicare paid for it, as it resides in storage now). This week I've devoted to going without my trusty cane. @Cynthia777 was my inspiration for leaving it behind. Thank you CC! I believe you mentioned something about getting stronger by not using it or something along those lines... And yes! You're right! I'm concentrating more on my posture and gait without it. Can't wait to show off for Dr. Darling on Tuesday! Heh heh.... at my 6 week appt!

Our 'tween has settled down some.... Her best summer friend and brother, who moved away, will be coming to visit for two+ weeks. Their grandmother lives within walking distance and they've spent the past 4 summers glued together. I'm happy they'll have another one with each other, even tho it's always crazy! I have The Best Excuse to let the other "Mother" take the reins!

Bet you're crossing of the days until July 28.....!! When's your Joint Camp and pre-op testing??
 
You're so welcome @Jillie422! Isn't it funny how one day you suddenly realize you don't really need whatever walking aid you're using? I find I need to concentrate on standing tall, otherwise I end up with muscle aches in my back.

Better keep an eye on those young'uns, there at that age....just saying. ;-)
 
Oh my goodness, yes, as CC says "that age".....hope both you and the other-mother have your antenna's up!

My PCP provider pre-op is July 6, but I meet with OS's PT guy on June 29 (told me to bring along my walker, etc) and then because DH will be away on offered dates, my Joint Academy is pretty close to surgery....July 20th. I had no idea so much goes into the BEFORE! (So much for trying to charm my way into a sooner date!!) ~ ~ At this point, I think you're correct.....trying to do too much in advance, it maybe making things worse. Just yesterday, I had to twist myself into strange contortions in order to 'up-date' our cable service.....and paid a heavy price. I don't own a cane (yet!) but do believe I could benefit from its use. I, too, can't wait to again STAND TALL. Being tall all my life, I had it pounded into me.....and preached to everyone how poor posture is so 'ageing' - and yet, here I am, bent over, shorter gait, slower pace....UGH!!! But.....I have a vision of putting these days behind me and once again STANDING TALL! (Besides, our clothing looks better in good posture!)
 
Hi Everyone! How y'all doing??? :kayak:

Today had my Six Week appointment with The Amazing Dr. Davis. He released me from his care and said my three month visit won't be necessary....so next time I see him will be next May for my annual. He's pleased with all aspects of my recovery....said to just continue walking as therapy. Also said my steps and gait are perfect :) I couldn't be happier!

When I think about the quality of my life just two short months ago :yikes: (quality was a Big Zero) :yikes:, being pretty much bed-ridden with that horrendous bone on bone pain...And the way I feel today....with zero pain, no longer needing my cane... I'm just so very grateful! It's just an amazing miracle.

Here's a picture of Herman! my hip before and after.....pretty cool!

[Bonesmart.org] Herman's Debut! Jill's Recovery :)
 
@Jillie422 you are released from the THR madness :wink: . Congratulations, it's inspiring to read the good news, hope my recovery is like yours. Have a wonderful summer in your beautiful river garden :yay:
 
@Jillie422 - What? Me over-do? Well....maybe just a little bit (or a whole lot!) You know the drill....all kinds of Dr. appointments (not related to the hip!) - teeth cleaning - got a bath mat - haven't yet purchased a grabber - or sock putter-onner! Have to attend Joint Academy to figure that one out. I thought I'd be able to wear my stylin' flip-flops home from the hospital (color co-ordinated, of course!) but the Dentist told me I would probably be in the ever-so-fashionable white knee-highs! Not exactly working with the flip-flops! ~ Other than that, I'm endlessly getting things organized around the house.....with lots that would be completed 'closer to the date'. Thanks for asking.

Man o Man - Herman is BEAUTIFUL. (I think your 'before' and mine look like sisters!) Great news on your release! Don't you be disappearing on us. ~ How's the grand daughter doing? xxoo
 
@Jillie422
@Chihuahuan ..... Been thinking about you....? Hope was your trip and how are you feeling?????!
Had a wonderful two weeks in Alaska -- pain is much easier to deal with when you are so distracted with glorious sights. We got back late on Monday and had OS appt on Tuesday. Could not find my list of questions so now they are popping into my head. I see family doc next week for clearance -- bloodwork and EKG done today --then hospital orthopedic admission guys the day after that. Need to be all done and sorted before the holiday weekend.
 
@Nana2-8 ...... most likely your questions will be answered at Joint Academy. I was given a Joint Kit at discharge that had a cheap grabber, long shoehorn and a few other things included. Wore my color coordinated flip flops home because I didn't have to have those dreaded, awful white knee-highs, as Dr. D prescribes a 21 day round of the blood thinner Xarelto instead. I was SO grateful for that!! Granddaughter is doing ok!....her summer friends arrive next week and she's been busy with Bible school this week, where she's made some amazing crafty things :) Check back with me this time next week to see if I've lost my cool and my mind after the other kids arrive!!

@Chihuahuan .... Sounds like your trip was a dream and just what we all should have to distract us!! Your pre-op prep is coming along very quickly.... Good for you!

Soon both of you will be here on the other side.... Regaining your lives back as you begin the wonderful journey to Feeling Completely Human again! So excited for y'all!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom