THR Hawai'i Healing Hipster

Hi @AgilityDog
Hoping that leg is feeling a bit less cumbersome today.
Give us a log leg report when you're up to it.
Hope your Sunday is great!

I had two log legs for about a week...the right leg was a log leg intermittently. It just wouldn't pick up when I told it too, like getting into the car for doctor appointment. I would just pick it up and move it ...some kind of disconnect?? Happened less and less until it finally came on board.
Hope you are having a restful Sunday dear AgilityFog.

Last edited:
Oops, @AgilityDog . Just saw I called you Agility FOG. Started to edit and correct, but that moniker fit me for the first month so I left it for you...:heehee:

LOL @Mojo333 :rotfl: I am in a Fog:heehee: I always looked like I was in a Fog when I ran Agility, with dogs. :doggie: Agility made me limp on both sides. Sounds silly, but that's what it felt like. I visited the Doc and had X-rays of my knees. Osteo Arthritis. Fast forward to our arrival in Hawai'i. Saw a Rhumatologist. :wowspring:I found out I have OA all over the place. And my pain caused DH to take me to our PCP. And here we are. You (probably) never know what starts you on this adventure.:dogwalk:

Hope all is well with you. Don't worry...this is the rough part.
Hopefully you are over the surgery shock, and see that it will get better.
Healing hugs:loveshwr:

more easily recognized. My DH :roseshwr: bought an Ice Machine! Now we don't have to make ice in the little trays in the freezer! That gains a lot of room in there. :ice:

I figured out how to get the stickey stuff off your leg. :what: And not the nice Super :unsure:glue like stuff over the opening. The stuff around it. Put on a nice Silk nightie. :eyebrows:In the morning, when you peel :wink:the Silk away from the incision area, the glue peel off of the skin & stays on the Silk!:yes!:

So how do you get it off the silk nightie?

That's how we do it...however it does it.:heehee:
Fake it til you make it. Hugs, AgilityDog

Ingenious! Maybe you should market that little silk nighty, glue remover thingy.

So tell us about your recovery...
and sleep
and log leg
and pain management etc
Hope your recovery is going well.
A great night to you! @AgilityDog

hi @AgilityDog sorry you had a bit of a rough trot to start with :sad:.....log leg is one of the things I'm least looking forward to. Glad to hear you sounding perky and hope the rest of your recovery is easy :yay:

Thank you @anny ! I was looking for something the other day & found photos of my DH with our friends' dogs in AU. We stayed at 3 of the 4 people's homes. All 3 had Jacks. The 4th has dogs. Your little one's face make me smile, very time I see her

Okay. I think I know you guys are going to say. But I need to hear it.

I had to beg for a muscle relaxer at the hospital. The opiate was not cutting it. We heard a few ''You have Fibromyalgia!" So perhaps my thigh was cramping due to the Fibro. So far today, I have taken only the relaxer. And some Acetaminophen. As long as I am still, with my foot up and hip .iced, it's not bad.

I unplugged my phone so i could be straight on the bed. Can't reach. Must move my foot from the pillows and ice from the hip and all the blankets from me. The phone wasn't properly plugged in. So I fixed that, went to the bathroom since I was up. Was watching the wheels & slammed the back of my hand into the door nob. You can probably guess what began to happen then.

Utilities workers appeared at the door, earlier, asking about the sewer something. I had to undo & redo that same stuff for that trip.

I have 2 different pain Rx. I don't remember why.

At this moment, I am beginning to think perhaps I should take one pain Rx regularly. When I move I can go from 3-4 to 9 faster than my brain can follow. It will usually go down in an hour or 3.

This has not been a bad experience. I don't feel like the pain is horrible. But not sure it fits the definition of 'managed' or ''under control". What think you? My fellow hippies?❤️
@MammaT @sistersinhim @Layla @Poodles @anny

Last edited:
@AgilityDog remind me- when was surgery? Not sure what your pain meds are but sounds like you need loads more relief. Can your pharmacist help with pain med suggestions?

My surgery was the 5th. I have 2 different pain Rx that came home from the hospital with me. Because it is difficult to tell if the pain is Fibromyalgia, or Surgical, I am avoiding the pain meds. Sometimes I am the only person understanding what I am saying, so I don't mind being asked questions

:hi:@AgilityDog
I think because you're dealing with two separate issues and meds for each you should talk to your OS,
or primary doc, or both, making sure they have a complete list of your prescriptions and what you're taking.
Personally I don't feel it wise for any of us to make a call on your meds. We don't want any of this > :dead:
going on.....get my drift? We love our Agility Dog and want her safe and well :loveshwr:

@AgilityDog did your OS prescribe both pain medications? If so maybe you could call the OS office to clarify for you what you should take. If different docs gave the scripts then you do need to call both docs for clarification of what to take and when.
I completely understand the fibro pain getting mixed in with the surgical pain. Who is helping to manage your fibromyalgia pain? If it is your PCP, call and find out what they recommend for pain management. And also your pharmacist can help sort out too.

Thanks @BeBe . I am going to ask my husband to double check my reading. I think One Rx is an Opiate and the other is not. After surgery, the Rx are supposed to be managed by my PCP. Since he knows 'everything' about what I take and why. I could ask my usual pharmacist. But he/she didn't fill them, so it seems unfair to pose that question. I see my OS on Wednesday and we could 'drop by' the PCP as they are in the same building.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Exocoetidae
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom