THR Hawai'i Healing Hipster

Oh yes @AgilityDog, check with docs. The surgical center had me listed as having a script for tramadol (which I did three years ago). They kept emphasizing to not take it with what os was ordering. I was given a list of what I was to resume. Between the hip and the fibromyalgia it would not be surprising that you need something for pain but this may not be the time for a buffet.

I worked in a pharmacy while in school. Your usual pharmacist would be more than happy to assist as well. They may even want to put info in the computer so that future prescriptions are cross-checked against them even though filled elsewhere.

Thank you @Layla .:flwrysmile: I didn't communicate well. I would not request anyone without the proper schooling (Doctor, Pharmicist) to make a decision on which Rx I should take.

I think it was a matter of people who have 'been there/done that' 'giving me permission' to take something for pain. I read that as I wrote it & it looks/sounds crazy stupid. I don't want to be a wimp.

I'm so sorry that I asked. Can we delete my stupid questions?

It's not a stupid question Agility Dog, so no worries there.
I'm not sure Jo would even advise mainly because of the fibromyalgia scripts involved in addition to whatever you're currently taking in relation to recovery.

You most certainly are not a wimp only one week post op. You seem to be doing well! Hopefully your friend
log leg has left....

Just thought I'd mention in an effort to make you feel better.....I couldn't retain anything for a few weeks.
It drove me nuts! I'd ask my husband the same questions over not remembering I already asked him.
So I get the confusion!

Hope your evening is peaceful.
@AgilityDog

I had to go back to work after a week. I quickly figured out that I was going to need to make posts of notes and reminders for myself. Surgery definitely leads to CRS syndrome (can't remember "stuff" ).

I stopped Lyrica & Meloxicam over a week prior to surgery.:) I have no plans on taking either of them again. :scary:I am the PIA patient that gets the side effect that is not even printed out to give to the patient, because so few people have it happen to them. :hairpulling: I do not want to discourage anyone from following their doctors' orders.

Technically, I no longer have an MD managing my Fibro. I will discuss with my PCP. :chinstroke:

Yes. :yikes: It is frustrating :sigh: when you see a medication on the list of those you take, when you have stopped taking it, sometimes months before. :scare:Except for 1 doctor, all my doctors are in a 'network' and can see all my lab results, xrays, medications, doctor notes. BP & weight. :yes!: I was asked, pre-op, about a med that I stopped in September??? :what: I changed to another medication and the old one would be contraindicated.

I am still feeling wimpy.:blush::bawl: I have taken either one, or two pain killers a day, since my discharge on Wednesday. I have an alarm in my phone so that I don't forget 'Its medication time!'

My leg is not letting go of log leg easily. I got in & out of bed fine this morning & afternoon. DH came home & I said, No, I don't need your help for getting the log on the bed. :blush: Was I wrong!!! Some things are better every day! :flwrysmile:

That log leg will come around...have you found once you are up walking a bit that it minds better than when you are just laying or sitting and want it to move?
That's sort of how mine was.
Hope you have a Good Day.
:yahoo:

Last edited:
Hope you're doing okay AD.
Keep on keeping on...things will be getting better and better.
Let us know how you are doing:angel:

Hi Agility Dog,
Just stopping by to say Hi!
Hope you're having a good day. Wondering if you're still sportin log leg?
Hopefully not....

Warm wishes for a great weekend!
@AgilityDog

I'm faring quite well, but I don't want to speak too soon .

I am afraid I have applied to be a member of the "overdid it club" ... but I don't want to sabotage my recovery.

Do you have a nice day of RELAXING planned for today??

I do, Mascara Mom. :elevate:Well.... Except for shopping for a cane or 2. :old: I want a solid wood cane and also a folding one. I have a folding umbrella, they can hang out together in a cloth shopping bag. One of the strangest 'things' to get used to here was carrying shopping bags into every store. :umm:

Good news on log leg, almost gone! @AgilityDog
All is good here in the Upper Midwest. We're cloudy, about 30F Just like you, AD....right? :heehee:
So stores don't provide shopping bags...of any kind in Hawaii?

Hope your Saturday is great!

I don't know how the law reads today, but plastic bags given to shoppers when making a purchase were forbidden a couple years (?) ago. IF you forgot to bring a bag, they could sell you one. $1-3? for a little bag? That'll make you turn around & go back to the car!

I was so happy after my 2 week follow up with OS! :yes!: It took place on Day 9, but who's counting? :wink: I fit in the schedule.

PCP requested a call from me with an update, one week out. Did that. I was on BP Rx before THR. BUT, my BP dropped:scaredycat:afterwards. I discussed with PCP. Monitoring BP and no Rx until we decide.... :yahoo:

OS talked with DH & me about a little bit more muscle relaxer for the Fibromyalgia pain. Since that seems to be antagonizing any Post-Op pain. :good-bad:OS was happy with my incision and healing. (We made an appointment for DH: hips x-rays and consult prior to end of the month):loveshwr:

Sounding good @AgilityDog. Good luck with cane shopping. Hope you can find wood one the right height. That’s what’s nice about aluminum ones, they adjust, and they have a wide variety of colors.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020