THR Hawai'i Healing Hipster

AgilityDog,

Here are your recovery guidelines, they will be easy to find, second post.

Here are the recovery guidelines, the articles are short and will not take long to read.

Hip Recovery: The Guidelines

1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)​
3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
5. At week 4 and after you should follow this

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery

Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it

Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery. While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.

Hawaii Healing Hipster ~
Almost a tongue twister :heehee: Cute though, for sure.
Best wishes as you begin your journey very soon!

place holder.jpg

I guess we need to cut her some slack, though. It sounds like they were running behind and she was only taken into surgery about 3 hours ago. She should be out of recovery soon but we may not hear anything for awhile yet.

:hi: @AgilityDog
first days can be a little jarring! It was for me...I was afraid to post lest I say something to frighten someone...because I was frightened!
All temporary and body has to adjust to all that trauma and anaesthesia stuff.
Hope your pain is managed.
We are here:loveshwr:

:loveshwr:its 3:18AM. Phone is almost dead. :headbang: Cord is packed away, DH will sort it out when he wakes up. :bored: I have fresh ice and pain Rx.:ice: I have had some nice sleep. Going for a little more. Be back after a nap & phone charging. :angel:

Yay! She's baaaack! So nice to see your happy little emoji post.
Great that you've slept. Try to sneak in lots of naps. You're body needs the sleep
to heal. Keep up with that ice too, great natural pain reliever.
Hope to hear more later when you're feeling more rested.
Hugs to you!
@AgilityDog

:welome: good to hear from you! Ice, meds and sleep are the order of the day! Get that healing going! :flwrysmile::happydance:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
August it is
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom