THR Hawai'i Healing Hipster

@AgilityDog yay for making it to church! :loveshwr:Wow your service is early! Hawaii doesn't have the time change? How are you feeling? how is the swelling doing? Any exciting plans for the week? Quiet day for me--too much excitement the last three days. :yawn:
 
Let's see, @hipster333 .... Yes. 8 is early for church. We have coffee & goodies and time to 'talk story' after. And, when OS says OK, it still gives you a whole day at the beach.:surfer: :realing: :bigfish::swim:

:kayak:

I forget to mention my OS:surfer:, so he will understand the desire for time on the water. I guess there's still some swelling. I had PT yesterday. At the 1st twinge of pain, I stopped. It only happened once. One 'exercise' my bionic hip did great. When it was time for the 'old hip', ouch. Plans for the week.... Monday PT. Tuesday: x-rays & visit OS. Then downtown Honolulu:driver: to pick up Rx for DH. Leftovers for dinner means I can relax:sleep: with feet up. I almost forgot. I made brownies for DH to take to work for pot luck. I had the leftover batter from the bowl for breakfast. I guess the next excitement is PT on Thurs and Grandson on Friday. If I play my cards right, I might get to watch his swim class this afternoon.

Note of caution: I do not sunburn easily. I tan to a lovely brown. I am one year from having skin cancer removed from the tip of my nose. I now have hats, lotion with sunscreen, a rashguard, a clamshell tent and beach umbrella. I don't care about the scar on my hip. The one on my nose is smaller, but it might have been preventable. Stay safe. There are more cases of skin cancer in other states that are still shoveling snow right now.

Now back to our regular program. :loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
I'm fair skinned, burn easily and spent my first 5 years living in California, Arizona and Ethiopia. Sunscreen didn't exist then and I've had multiple severe sunburns in my life. I had my first skin cancer in Nov. 2016 (or first 2 since I had a pre-melanoma hiding inside a basal cell cancer). Luckily, it was caught early and all of the biopsies since then (I joke that my dermatologist seems to be trying to skin me alive one biopsy at a time) have been clear (got the good news on the last one today). I agree with @AgilityDog - take care of your skin and add to her advice to get a full skin exam once a year!

Good luck at the OS! Hope you get cleared for beach activities!
 
Brownie Batter for breakfast, @AgilityDog you make me laugh every time.
Let us know how your visit with the OS and x-rays go today. Hopefully you make it to watch your grandson swim. Good luck with PT on Thursday and hope the visit with your grandson on Friday makes your day, I'm sure it will!

Sorry about the skin cancer incidents @SaraK
Pre-Melanoma hiding within Basal Cell.....scary!
Thankfully it was caught early.

A great day to both of you :flwrysmile:
 
Is it just me, or is that blue sleeping emoji creepy?
I mean, if you're this color > :zzz: I think it means this > :dead: right?

Great news on your OS visit and gaining permission to swim.
Hope the rest of your week is good!
@AgilityDog
 
I was able to see my new hip on new x-rays yesterday. Bone has started to do it's thing. We looked at the other hip. Yes to OA. Not bone on bone yet. It should last a while. I'm OK with that. Now to see if the PT can help me stand up straight. I have swayback. It feels like the groin muscles in the front are too tight. I will see what PT says tomorrow.
 
Great for new bone growth and Yay for new hip hanging in there.
Had to revive your spirit.
Seeing my xrays and the doctor liking what he saw really assured me! Wish I could go once a month...
 
Tight muscles seem to go with the territory @AgilityDog. Top of my thigh seems to be staying tighter longer with this hip. It does seem to be loosening slightly every couple of days. I am just continuing with walking and bike. Hope pt can help you.
 
Great news on the bone growth @AgilityDog
Nice to know you have some miles left on your right hip.
Hope your PT session goes well.
A great Thursday to you!
 
@AgilityDog yay for new hip xrays! Boo for OA in other hip! --I think I've got some there too (part of the reason my OS did the surgery when he did was to try and slow things down on the left side so I wouldn't need them both done as soon---plus to right hip really needed it). You know, it's amazing how quickly we can forget things. With all of the aches and pains I've had lately I've been wondering why I had the surgery and yet just typing this I remember getting up 2-3 times a night in so much pain that it was hard to get back to sleep. Hooray for surgery--I don't wake up in pain anymore!!! My muscles in my thigh are really tight right now too. PT has given me some stretches I need to work on--I hate homework, but I hate the tightness more. Here's to brighter days to come!!! :SUNsmile:
 
Thanks @ hipster333. I knew that I had OA in my other hip. I was happy to see that I was not going to need another new hip anytime soon.:loveshwr: I I am tight on the front side. It makes it hard to stand up straight. I have PT this morning and I'm going to ask them about how to stand up straight. I look a very sway back and almost pregnant:mute::wowspring:
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom