Guest viewing is limited

THR Hawai'i Healing Hipster

We would all like to know...
Unless it's personal...and creepy...or you plan on extorting people for the information.
 
Especially if it's personal or creepy or you plan on exhorting someone! :rofsign:
 
@AgilityDog how did the weekend go? Were you able to make it out to church this morning? I was able to go for the first time in 6 weeks and was so happy to be there. No problem sitting or even staying after service for a fellowship dinner. Luckily my restrictions are over as of Tuesday. I'll still be careful, but happy not to have to keep the 90 degree rule anymore! Bathtub here I come! I'm going to talk to physio about that exercise on Tues, but in the meantime am doing much better and have been biking and walking more which are heling reduce the limp.
 
Aloha my friends!:loveshwr: I am very happy to be home. :elevate: DH took me to the Emergency Room this morning. We arrived about 9:10AM. We left about 4:55PM. I noticed that an area ariund a part of my incision was a little red. Tuesday. Darker red on Wednesday. Thursday was PT and I mentioned it & a couple of the therapists looked and checked it for warmth. I wasn't sure. They said Yes. Call the OS & we will fax over what we observed. I called. Was given an sappointmen for Tuesday afternoon. Friday more red & the incision was starting to look purple. The red was still red & seemed warm. Saturday the purple had more of a bump to the shape. I remembered that our Insurance company has an app that will letyou see & talk with a physician, on line. Did that & DH picked up the Rx for antibiotics. Doctor said don't ice right now. Use damp heat. Did that. Preparing for bed, the purple bump has opened up and yellowy, pnky stuff was coming out. Covered it with gause and antibiotic ointment and went to bed. About 2 AM, I awoke with a thigh in pain. Went back to sleep about 4 & slept in until 6. Had a cup of coffee in bed and didn't spill any.:beer: We unwrapped my incision and were happy for the extra gause. But then we saw a little, circular, black hole in the middle of the incision line. How deep was the hole?:shrug: As we were discussing how I was feeling, I noticed that the area that hurt before surgery wad hurting, once again. :doh: DH said, We are going to the hospital. And off we went. They were glad to see me, under the circumstance. A sample of the pus was taken for to Culture. Blood drawn from 2 places. That thing for an IV was attached. I had a CT with contrast. More blood to check to make sure 1 of the numbers wasn't going up. There were 2 bags of antibiotics. One took only about 30 minutes. The 2nd kind was an hour & a half. It was decided, by my itching and flushed face that I am probably now allergic to 1 of the 2 antibiotics. Yeah:bawl: Yippee:cry: Now we are home. I continue the antibiotic I got last night, since we don't want to give me more of the same that I had IV. I have my arm that all the antibiotics & contrast were introduced to my bloidstbloo, over my head. It's still bleeding.
 
Hopefully This is just surface and they'll get it cleared up quickly. I'm glad you got it checked out so soon. Not fair that you get a reaction to one of the antibiotics on top of everything else. Im glad you don't have to wait long to see the OS. When will you have more info from the cultures?

Hugs and healing prayers! :console2:
 
Oh gracious, I'm so sorry and then the allergic reaction too!:doh:
Glad you thought to call and please let us know what is going on.
Praying all is to be cleared up soon.:console2:thinking of you...
 
Glad that you got treatment so quickly @AgilityDog. It’s impressive and hopefully you won’t need any further treatment. Your DH definitely did the right thing by taking you in so quickly. Fingers crossed.
 
So glad to hear your news; @AgilityDog; that you are home and being watched and tended to. Sorry you turned up allergic to one of the antibiotics on top of everything else. What a scary time, huh? Hope all the cultures are in by now and positive so you can breath a sigh of relief.

I see the PA tomorrow am. But I have none of your very scary symptoms. So glad you got help quickly. Thinking of you lots. :tada:
 
So sorry you're dealing with this @AgilityDog
I hope you receive some news soon. Prayers for the best possible outcome.
Please keep us posted.
Hugs :console2:
 
@AgilityDog oh you poor thing! That's what we all worry about! I hope your Antibiotics kick in and out gets cleared up quickly. Sending you lots of love
 
Aloha to all the loving and caring BS friends, chums, & mates!:loveshwr: I made notes so that hopefully I can answer everyone in 1 post. :giggle:
@SaraK :friends: Thank you for the hugs & prayers ❤️I tried to check on the ETA of the culture results. 1-2 days or weeks. Apparently it depends on how long it takes 'whatever it is' to grow. We are treating it as surface.
@Mojo333 Thanks for the prayers :praying:
@Descant Yes, my DH did the right thing:thumb: He brought me food, too:) :-) (: Thanks for the:fingersx:
@MammaT :rotfl: It rained Saturday. :blackcloud: Sunday, while we were at the hospital for 8 hours, it was sunny.:SUNsmile: Here is the funny thing about antibiotics. :heehee:There were already 4 on my red wrist band.:thud: So I can say, I wasn't surprised. :chinstroke: The culture(s) will also tell them what antibiotic will work the best for whatever it is.:egypdance:
@Jaycey :wave: I will keep everyone updated. And, will share the culture results:)
@Jackie222 I had 2 different antibiotics IV:bored: My red and purple look lighter and the black hole is smaller:wowspring:so I think :umm: the antibiotics are working. I have an oral prescription to take at home. That's the 3rd kind:loll:
@Bevlah Thanks for the ❤️ I think:chinstroke: the antibiotics have started doing their job.:snow plough:
@hipster333 Thanks for the hugs :console2:and :friends: hugs and:praying: We are moving forward, at this moment, that it is in the skin/surface. I hope the bugs will grow fast and we will have culture results soon
@zinnia :flwrysmile:You have helped me by posting about your incision adventures. :prayer:I will pray for both our cultures. :flwrysmile:
@Layla You are always so kind and caring. :flwrysmile:I appreciate all your prayers. Thank you ❤️
:rofsign::rotfl::loll: I read some of my instructions. Cellulitis: keep the (whatever body part) above your heart.:rofsign::spin::wowspring::bolt::shocked: Sure. I am laughing so hard:boohoo:I am about to cry. You will just have to imagine how funny I look with all the pillows
Mahalo (Thank you) Muchas gracias. Domo arigato. :flwrysmile:
 
I'm glad that wound is looking better.
Make sure you eat well..have some good old yogurt to keep that antibiotic from wiping out your good gut germs.
We want you well.
:hi:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom