THR Hawai'i Healing Hipster

Hmmmm, if you had been used to clutch before, it would probably be easier. I sat in my car several times using pedals with right foot to make sure movementvand torch were ok. If your doc has cleared you to drive, maybe just sit and work pedals a bit, see how it feels?
 
It hurt before surgery. And my left leg is so weak. My gut says it is not a good idea because the left leg will work much harder than the right and I am doing pretty well, but not That well
 
I think you have answered your question @AgilityDog! It may sound strange, but I think as we move through recovery, our body knows when it is ready to do stuff.
 
No no no.:no-fin::bignono::no-fin:
How's that for confirmation?
Don't make me come to Hawai'i!!
Wait, I keep forgetting...
MAKE me come to Hawai'i!:heehee:
 
Whew, scared me there for a minute @AgilityDog
Yay! You do remember how to drive :driver: looking for that manuel had me worrying.
You'll know when the time is right...... do a few tiny practice runs.

Hope you have a beautiful day in warm, sunny Hawaii!
 
Well, now.... I can drive the auto transmission just fine. :driver:We picked it up last night and I drove it towards home. The vehicle stopped as I pulled over to about 4" from the guard rail. :swoon:DH was following in standard transmission. We both put flashers on. I called for a tow :scare:truck. There was only inches between my door and traffic :sos:zooming by. I waited for a break in the traffic and moved quickly:rotfl: to the back door of the working car. Another vehicle was rapidly approaching.:yikes: I did my best imitation of diving :bolt:into the backseat of a car. :dead: I thought I would hurt more if that car hit us.:gaah: I hurt my healing thigh, my knee, an arm or two, and my lower back. Today I am :idea: elevating feet and legs and:ice::ice::ice:. I am still wondering if I should elevate both legs. :shrug: I think they are both still swollen. OKAY. They were both swollen yesterday. TODAY my bionic leg has regressed to :wow:
 
Oh @AgilityDog, that sounds like quite the event. If you think the leg has regressed too much and the pain doesn’t tone down, you may want to check with doc.
 
It has toned down. I was taking Tylenol before I tried to do my own stunts. Last night I added a little something to that. I slept well. I have PT in the AM. Considering calling to cancel. I'm awake enough to read and change my ice && drink my water. 1/2 gallon so far today.
 
OK. I cancelled PT for tomorrow. It hurts to stand. So there's no reason (in my mind) to even try to depress the clutch. I hit my thigh well below my sutures. If not better tomorrow, I will call OS
 
Poor you @AgilityDog. That must have been terrifying. Poor body to have to go through that after so much previous trauma. Glad the swelling has toned down. Hugs to you!
 
@AgilityDog wow, that was a scary adventure. You really have gumption. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better but do call OS if it persists. Have a wonderful evening!:flwrysmile:
 
Thank you all:flwrysmile:

I kinda expected the auto to drive well all the way home. :driver:And to my PCP this AM. You take a child to the doctor and they all well. Magic!:wowspring:

I was mistaken.:flabber: My thigh is much better. So is my knee & so are other parts. I want the swelling to go. Did BOTH of my thighs swell post surgery?:umm: It seems like I have a water balloons and when I stand up the water runs down and :scratch:surrounds my thighs. But, if I lay like a heel slide, all the water runs down towards my hips. :whistle:Or is it just extra fluff :cheers:that I added while eating toooo many carbs?:thud::thud:
 
One month out...you do NOT need to be taking risks like that.
I AM going to have to come to Hawai'i and it will not be as much fun if I have to baby sit you:heehee:
You are supposed to be getting well, not trying to get yourself injured.
All said worn concern AgilityDog.
Glad you cancelled PT...
Hope you feel better today !:SUNsmile:
 
@AgilityDog I think it might be time to take a day off from all of your excitement. Just rest and ice--no fun for you today. :heehee: Hope your swelling is going down and you're feeling better!
 
Since tomorrow is Friday, I will call the OS this morning and ask what I should 'watch for'. Just in case. Better to touch base on Thursday than right before closing time on Friday. I am moving well. (To the freezer for ice; to the bathroom for whatever; to the kitchen for cold water and hot coffee)
 
Hope today will be a good day for you, AgilityDog.
Try to keep taking it easy.
It IS , at one month, a cabin fever type period.
Well enough to want to do, easy to overdo, easy to get frustrated, hard not to notice that you ARE getting better, will get even better than this...and are going to be back to life before you know it.
Wishing you a Wonderful Weekend .
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom