THR Hawai'i Healing Hipster

A bit of an adventure I see. I’m sorry this has happened and I hope the antibiotics continue to work well for you.
 
My latest is on my site @AgilityDog. I am following in your footsteps, literally. No sign of infection but the OS wants to know the whys and the wheres of so much drainage. He is not particularly reassuring.

Hope to hear your cultures are negative and you are home free and get back to recovery again. Meanwhile, keep up the good work of staying calm and being positive. You are helping me do the same. :praying:
 
Thinking of you @AgilityDog
Hope you soon receive results. Still praying and will continue.
Wishing a peaceful day for you. Sending love and hugs your way :loveshwr: :console2:
 
Oh, @hikejunkie , I cannot wait until I can hike again. I have checked out a few places, online, and I have so many trails calling my name. I have thought about a pair of hiking sticks. If they are really called that. There are many places that are not that hard to hike, but if you stumbled you could end up on the news. Yes, 1,000 man-hours were wasted finding and carrying out a woman that didn't properly prepare for the keike hike. (Keike- child or baby) There is a great hike where we have seen and heard the whales. A 3 yo can do the entire trail. I was with him. I want to see the whales! :tantrum2:
 
Someone, not naming names, @Mojo333 , said I should eat well. Yesterday there were s couple of brownies and a few chocolate chip cookies in the kitchen. I wasn't interested. That's when I got worried. :heehee: I will have to soften some butter to make more.:yes!: I need a DH that weighs more than I do. :wink::giggle: ..... It is time to make something to eat. Something light, in case they weigh me:wowspring:
 
You sound pretty upbeat @AgilityDog. Hope antibiotics keep working. Cellulitis needs to be kept under control. My mother in law had several bouts of it. Keep taking good care of yourself. I know you will feel relief when final results come back.
 
@Layla I treasure your prayers. I need to move :walking: so I will be on time for my OS visit. It takes so long:shrug: to find light clothes:curtsey: and footware. I am going to wrap my incision with plastic wrap.:scary: I don't think I want soap in the black hole:scare:.
 
@AgilityDog Hi, just caught up with your thread. I'm sorry you're going through this. Sending prayers for healing and positive thoughts your way. I'm waiting on results of my joint aspiration. I'm on day 7 of antibiotic. I'll keep you on my prayers! Hugs. :friends:
 
Praying you get results soon @AgilityDog. Making cookies is a good distraction. I can’t wait to hike too, but don’t think that’s going to happen any time soon with all the muscle pain I’m having. :(
 
Vitamin C, Vitamin D....healing power.
Hope you are better, girl!
Chocolate...perfect!:roseshwr:
 
I am glad that I missed the aspiration experience, @Mireille . OS said it was a suture. Apparently it didn't spit! It is not uncommon. I have extra antibiotics. He packed the hole after removing the suture. DH will pack it for me until it is healed.:shocked:
I ran out of C @Mojo333 . It is on the list on the fridge. I got some pure D outside :SUNsmile: today. I was able to watch my little guy's swimming :swim:lesson. The butter is soft.... Time to make the cookies:yes!::happydance:
I did a bunch of dtest yesterday, @hipster333 . My thighs are sore today. :dancy: I would not be surprised if you are over doing:umm:. You can not over do, I know you can!:wave::yes!::happydance::flwrysmile:
 
@AgilityDog - I am pretty new here and have been doing lots of reading on Bone Smart during my recovery... hoping it makes me smarter (seems to be working a little :wink:). I’ve really liked reading about your journey. You are so upbeat with a great sense of humor through all the twist and turns recovery can bring! And I love your very animated posts :heehee:

The “black hole” sounds scary, but it appears you are in good hands. I hope it heals up quickly for you!!
 
I'm so glad you got such good news from OS today. I know it was a bit scary but (at least what we could see), you handled things so calmly! I assume this delays you being able to get back into the ocean - hopefully not for too long. Enjoy those cookies!
 
Hope you have a Good Day.
Thanks to you, I made chocolate chip cookies last night..and ate too many.
They WERE yummy though.
 
Very happy with your good report @AgilityDog. Get that black hole healed and you will really be on your way!
 
Glad all is going ok in black hole land. I hear you with the trails calling your name. I’ve got quite a few calling me. :) We will both get there in time. It’s good to have goals! The sticks are called trekking poles. I’ve used them occasionally when there’s rough terrain.
 
Wonderful news! :yes!: :yay:
Now you can relax and get back to the biz of cookie baker, swim lesson observer
and all the other fun things that you do. Hope the Saga of the Black Hole is soon over.
A great day to you AD. Big hugs!

@AgilityDog
 
Thank you for your black hole wishes @Layla . I found some photos online that look very similar. From the outside, you hope it is shallow, but you don't know. I didn't get a flashlight to try to see what it looked like down there. :shocked:
Perhaps the chill attitude of Hawai'i has finally arrived in my attitude, @SaraK :wink: I looked at the symptoms, and I didn't have a raging fever or mind numbing pain, so I wanted to make sure that all was still moving in a healing direction, I was not scared. I thought it was best to make certain. The staff at the hospital said I did the correct thing by coming in to have it checked. They had a busy day while we were there. They had multiple life or death situations and I was not one of them. That always makes me feel better.:loveshwr:
I have the butter soft and ready for the chocolate chips. @Mojo333 . I bet you feel better for eating those cookies, don't you?:yes!: I am going to try to eat some breakfast so I can take my antibiotics. And cookie dough is better after breakfast. Okay. Who am I kidding? :egypdance: I think I will eat a cooked egg before I eat the raw eggs in the dough.:happydance::happydance:
We had company last night. One of our neighbors spent the night. Since we have one bedroom, he slept with us. :puppysmooze: It is nice to spend the time helping the human neighbors by spending time with the canine neighbor.:dogwalk:
 
Hope your day is sweet.
(My chocolate chip cookies were cut off of a roll...I'm notoriously NOT a cook. I'm the Queen of Beanie Weenies)
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom