THR Hawai'i Healing Hipster

Oh, @Mojo333, I am not a cook. I can ruin a lovely roast, chicken, vegetable. I can bake some. If it has sugar in it, we all stand a chance. I noticed that those rubbery, cushy mats are great to stand on in the kitchen. The floor is concrete or cement under the tile. I noticed it after my new hip. I pick one up & take it with me! I also bring the basic barstool over to the sink, open the cabinet doors under the sink, and sit, with my knees in the cabinet, while I wash dishes.
 
I am throwing this out there.... The OS said it was a debridement (hope my grammar is st least close to correct). He just used a cotton swab and cleaned out my cave. Once a day I shower and wash the vave area with soap and water. Last thing is the cave. Pat dry with a clean towel. Pack the cave with stuff to help the fluidy stuff wick out. Put gause over it. Has anyone else done something similar? The incision was healing beautifully. Now there's an entry to a cave, located above my muscle and below the skin. I believe that my beautiful healed incision will return. I understand that it takes quite a while before you can tattoo over a scar and not have a great deal of pain. I hope i gave you a chuckle. Or smile. I am looking for encouragement that my cave will heal and and the entry blend in with my scar. I don't mind a scar. I just want a pretty one :loll::rotfl::rofsign:
 
@AgilityDog
Catching up on your posts and here you are pumping antibiotics!! Scary but hopefully you caught it quickly.
Don't forget the probiotics when you're on so many antibiotics.
 
Tattoos involve needles! Nope - not having that! Don't like those things coming in my direction! It's amazing I gave myself a shot with 3 inch needle during fertility treatments and 2 insulin shots a day during last part of pregnancy because I've been known to pass out at the sight!

per dictionary, "debridement" is medical removal of dead, damaged or infected tissue to improve the healing potential of the remaining healthy tissue. Sounds like what you had and zinnia will have - just depending on size of area and what tissue to be removed.
 
@AgilityDog just catching up here. Great news that it wasn’t anything overly serious and can be helped with antibiotics and some tlc. You’ll be back in that ocean in no time showing off your beautiful scar. :)
 
Me too, @SaraK . It didn't hurt. I felt it, but it didn't hurt.
Thank you @hipster333 ! How are you doing? I hope you are correct. I am so worried that I will have an ugly scar. :rotfl: says the woman that has a divit missing from the tip of her nose. The surgeon offered to suture it. Maybe I will. But that slows down time to get into the water:scare:
 
It’s hard for you @AgilityDog to have this wound complication, but you’ve been hit hard with the antibiotics and your debridement sounds as though it has been successful so hopefully it will just require patience now while it heals. What a palaver this hip replacement business is!
 
Ah, @Descant,:flwrysmile: I think the ladl time I read or heard palaver, was Rudyard Kipling. (The Cat who walked by himself. And 'Oh Best Beloved. "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble".) I am learning about spitting sutures and why they happen and what to do with/about them, and about the abcess that isn't supposed to really be an abcess. I love a learning experience. I hope it will help me give comfort to others. Perhaps I can be patient. :rotfl: That would be a first:yes!:
 
Hi @AgilityDog
Hope your week has become more peaceful as it's progressed.
Started out with kind of a bang!
Want to send a hug, some love and wish you a beautiful Easter!
Chocolate Bunnies for the grandson, I'll bet :wink:
 
This is brilliant! I'm pre-op and in too much pain to stand long, but the stool doesn't help me enough because I have to be sideways and that hurts my back. Thank you! @AgilityDog

I also bring the basic barstool over to the sink, open the cabinet doors under the sink, and sit, with my knees in the cabinet, while I wash dishes.
 
Y’see @AgilityDog I’m a poet and didn’t know it. That’s a nice quote from Kipling. I’ve always felt a bit sad that I don’t know any poetry by heart. However, having said that, I do remember some words from hymns, so I suppose I could say to you ‘He who would valiant be....’.

I know what you mean, about anxiety about the wound and being reassured by the OS. It’s easy to let ones imagination go into overdrive. I woke up yesterday at 4 months post op barely able to walk because of pain in buttock. I immediately worried about wound infection since there is some concern over raised inflammatory markers in my blood test. However after resting and icing, the pain has disappeared so can only conclude muscle spasm. Hey Ho.
 
Hope all is healing well
About to have your two month hipversary!
Hope you have a Good Day.
Any news on DH hip date or have you scared him off of that prospect?
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom