THR Happy for any advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Carriemay60
Nice to hear of your good day out with your husband. He sounds like a great guy. Keep up your wonderful progress and seeing a difference in gait must have felt rewarding. :)
 
Sorry to hear of your uncle....how are you doing.?



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@beachgal You must be so excited to get home and be together again. I am sure it will also take a load of your hubby with not doing the commute every weekend. I know anything that takes a load off my hubby makes me feel better too. I think the next grocery shop will have me along as well ~ I love doing my own shopping and with the scooter chairs it is quite manageable for the most part. I did take part in menu planning for this week and hopefully we can avoid Peter having to stop everyday on his way home. :)
 
@MajorHeidi Thank you. It has been a bit hard to accept my uncles passing as it felt sudden in many respects, but I take comfort in knowing he passed before the illness progressed too far for him to have any comfort. The service is not until the 4th to allow the family to travel out from the West Coast so it drags your emotions out a bit.
 
@Carriemay60
I hope you are doing well (as can be expected) and your family too. Hopefully the extra time with more family will also help comfort and ease your loss. You are indeed spirited and strong, but just wanted you know that others are thinking of you during your sad time.
 
Just checking in with you this morning. I hope it's a good day for you.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal @grnplatebrd

Good morning! I am doing well so far today, thank you! I had a bit of a long night, but it's over now and time to move on. I had let myself run low on painkiller so was on little more than a 1/2 dose during the day yesterday. I managed, just, but was very happy to see hubby home a bit early with my refills. Foolishly then, I fought waking up completely in the night for painkillers and by the time I actually got up to take them, I had let it go too far so it made for a couple of hours of waiting for it to settle. This morning feels like I am back in control. Our weather is beautiful here today with sun and a slight breeze so all the doors are open :)

Thank you grnplated for asking after me. It is still hard to accept my uncle passing and how it is affecting my aunt especially. Apparently she is very aware of him not being there but is really struggling to make sense of it through the fog of Alzheimer's. It would have been so much easier if she had reached a point of no longer knowing him before he passed. Their kids are great with her though and are doing all they can to learn how to help her through this. I am a bit frustrated that I can't be there to take a shift for them but hopefully I can be more helpful down the road when everyone else has "gone home". My mother and one uncle are also pretty devastated; my mom admits she was in complete denial with his illness being terminal and had not prepared herself at all so it will take a bit of time. I am hopeful that the memorial service next week can bring us all a bit of closure.

I hope you are both having a fantastic start to the day!
 
Hi @Carriemay60 Hope your day today was a nice one.
I had a great afternoon at the pool today. Only a few more days left before it closes for the season.
Lots of gentle water aerobics, on a super hot day. Water felt refreshing.....
 
@MajorHeidi Sounds nice! Although I normally don't like the water and don't swim I yearn for the feeling of being in a body of water right now, if it was nice and warm. I had an okay day, pretty quiet and uneventful.

I have trouble with pressure on my tailbone area and need to shift a lot. Last night I went to boost myself up in the recliner using my arms on the arms of the recliner as a booster. Dang!!! I pulled a muscle in my shoulder making it really tough to use the walker now it hurts so bad. There has to an end to all this nonsense!

Hubby leaves shortly to pick up our son at his summer location! I am so excited to see him and have him home for a few days. He is only home until Monday ~ little brat seems to find getting to University on time is more important than his mother :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] Happy for any advice!
 
I actually am getting out today for a little while ~ to the doctor to get some insurance forms filled out and get bloodwork done - whoopty doo!!
 
Who hoo... has Mrs Brown crossed the Atlantic? Not sure how the Irish humour, irreverence and bad language woukd be received?
 
@NoraJ Depends on the household Nora :) I married a guy from Wales and have been subjected to the humor for many, many years now!
 
Subjected to??? I hope you enjoyed it too! Mrs Brown is very popular here especially with the Irish "mammy".
 
Hope we don't see any posts from you until your son leaves after your long weekend and that the pain in your shoulder is a distant memory then!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My shoulder seems pretty good, being a bit careful with it just so I don't restrain it. My son has noticed a huge difference in my mobility, swelling and other than my physical limitations says I seem back to normal :)

Went to the family doc yesterday to get insurance and work forms filled out ~ made the appointment telling the receptionist that it was for forms. The young resident I got this time was another joy! Mumbling about not having time for this, etc. He then went on to say that he could not understand my need for Oxy still and said I should only be only extra-strength Tylenol. Would only give me a 1/2 Rx saying I had to cut in 1/2 right away. I argued that I was told I should not feel pain according to my Alberta surgeons. He even argued with me about being able to contact my primary hip O/S here saying of course he must have phone numbers/contact other than waiting for a O/S appt. I challenged him to phone the Ortho clinic himself and get me the number - he shut up then!! Who the heck are these "medical professionals" in this city? It blows my mind to say the least! I also wonder how these kids who are in their mid to late twenties already are so cynical, opinionated and have such lousy bedside manner. What the heck will they be like at 50 years?

Excited for my afternoon out with my son, getting my hair done and doing some shopping with him. That makes everything better! :)
 
Home alone :( The boys have just left for the 4 hour drive up to University ~ that little visit went far too fast for me! My son took me to get my hair done yesterday and we did a bit of mall shopping for school clothes and a few bits for me. I got a couple more lounge nightie things, a couple of big comfy shirts I can wear with shorts or jeggings later on, a lovely pair of palazzo pants that should be dead comfortable right now and makes a change from dresses. I have been wearing my shorts but they are not terribly comfortable on my incision which is on my side where seams are - heck, I am still wearing my undies inside out to save the seam rubbing my incision. It is now just scab but... I had some gorgeous stone/jewelled gladiator sandals arrive the other day that I had ordered online and now that the swelling in my feet is gone, I can hardly wait to wear them! OH!!! and I bought my NAIR!!! I can't reach my whole leg myself so hubby will help me with that tomorrow morning :) (maybe he'd like to do his back at the same time, LOL)

While we were out, hubby spent the afternoon doing laundry, vacuum, lawns and tenderizing some baby back ribs for dinner. One home, our son put the ribs on the BBQ to brown up and sauce and the thing caught fire burning the ribs to black covered bones in seconds. I thought hubby was going to tilt! (well, actually, he did)

I am getting in and out of the car much easier now and taking the front steps much more fluidly with one crutch and the handrail! My leg strength for walking with walker seems to go up and down. Some days I feel like that leg is shorter and others I don't and my walk is even and fluid. I am just going approach that with persistence and practice. ??? For those of you at my stage or can remember do/did you still have an almost constant dull ache (almost pain) in your hip? I would say the constant part of it is only a 2 on the scale but I do get the impression most of you don't still have it. If I miss a dose of Oxycodone, I really know about it by the time I hit the 5 hour mark during the day and about 6-7 hours at night is the longest I can go without pain killer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom