TKR Grumpy Old Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @plnppl I'm in Wales on holiday. I'm not well at the mo. Got like a migraine or something. Had to increase morphine by 10mg so I can get relief from pain off my knee and sleep. Will be home Wednesday night so I'll catch up properly then. I'm using my iPhone but it's not ideal xxxx
Hope that you were able to have a good holiday! Migraines can be horrible. My doctor told me to take the medication for a migraine but also to drink Gatorade. It's an energy drink but I found it helped! I hope that it didn't last long. I have relatives in Wales and hoping to go visit when my knees are better! I am just resting today as I had so much pain yesterday from walking too much the day before! How many weeks are you now?
 
What's ODIC? Just resting today!
Thanks ...just worked it out! Having a brain gone walkabout day! The problem I am having is that I don't realise that I have overdone it until I overdid it! Resting up today and taking pain meds. Better day than yesterday!
 
Hi @plnppl

Great to hear from you. How are you?

Where in Wales are your relatives? I think Gatorade is our Lucozade. My heads fine today after a really unusually good nights sleep. Will check in later. Hubby taking me to Abersystwyth shopping woohoo!!! XX

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi @plnppl

Great to hear from you. How are you?

Where in Wales are your relatives? I think Gatorade is our Lucozade. My heads fine today after a really unusually good nights sleep. Will check in later. Hubby taking me to Abersystwyth shopping woohoo!!! XX

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
My relatives are in Cardiff. Recently found them after doing family research. I have all these first cousins etc that I never knew I had. Hoping to visit next year sometime! My parents migrated to Australia and Dad never talked about his family so finding my relatives has been wonderful! Enjoy the shopping!
 
I would LOVE to travel to the UK, Austraila, New Zealand, and Norway, where my grandparents lived!:happydance:

There is a town in Norway that has the same name as my maiden name! I want to take a picture under the sign like my grandmother did as she stood under it!:loveshwr:
 
Wow @plnppl that's incredible what you found in your research. That's a lovely thought to try visit where your roots were in the past xxx

@RestAssured that's sounds such a lovely idea to do what your grandmother did. I've heard that Norway is an extremely expensive country to both live in and visit. My daughters friends brother and family are living there. (He has a very good job) My daughters friend visited and when she returned, she said that she was in shock at how much the visit had cost them, although it was nice to see her brother and his family, she said that in future she would have to Skype instead. She has three children and a mortgage to pay! Xxxx I hope you do get the chance to go it and continue the tradition of the picture xxx

Take care both. I hope you've had good days/evenings/nights and been as pain free as possible.

All my love from Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Wow, you have had quite the ride with recovery and re recovery! While you admit to having down days, you do a fabulous job of staying positive!

A few years back, I did some family history searching. One of my dad's cousins had my great grandfather's original travel papers from Germany. They were so obviously altered that I have to wonder why he was allowed to travel to the US at the age of 16 alone. Something must have been going on, but no one seems to know what. It must be very exciting to be able to meet all these newly found family members!

I hope you are currently sleeping well and wake up to a good day!
 
I would LOVE to travel to the UK, Austraila, New Zealand, and Norway, where my grandparents lived!:happydance:

There is a town in Norway that has the same name as my maiden name! I want to take a picture under the sign like my grandmother did as she stood under it!:loveshwr:
What a lovely tradition to take a picture under the sign! I am sure that it will be possible for you to be able to do just that after your recovery! We all need goals to strive for!
I would LOVE to travel to the UK, Austraila, New Zealand, and Norway, where my grandparents lived!:happydance:

There is a town in Norway that has the same name as my maiden name! I want to take a picture under the sign like my grandmother did as she stood under it!:loveshwr:
 
I saw the Surgeon this afternoon and he is really happy with the way things are progressing. I have been cleared to drive!!!
 
@H2OPoloMom not sure what's going on but half my posts have disappeared! Hope you are okay and your knee us settling. I went out with a girlfriend yesterday and today my knees are saying welcome to the ODIC! Grr! At this stage of my recovery I am getting rather impatient! Probably I am at the. Right stage for this time of recovery but want to be able to feel normal like we all do! Patience Grasshopper Patience!:bored:
 
It does get rather frustrating when sometimes you join ODIC and sometimes you don't. It gives a false sense of security and then bam! Right back to the club! I'm sorry your posts disappeared, but am glad to hear from you @plnppl. I hope you enjoyed your time with your friend! Maybe it was worth it?
 
[Bonesmart.org] Grumpy Old Woman
@plnppl, I wonder if your signature info is correct. It says that you had a right total replacement 2/27/12 and again 6/5/14. Also what do you mean by a revisitation of your left total replacement 6/3/14?

Left TKR Revisitation June 3rd 2014
Right TKR June 5th 2014
Right TKR 27th Feb 2012

Would you mind terribly clearing this up for me? Thanks!
 
@bottomshollow on 27th Feb 2012 I had a TKR on my right knee. Unfortunately it didn't work out so well and the specialist I had wasn't interested in trying to do anything about it. On 3rd June I had a different surgeon revisit the right knee and he replaced the top part of the prosthetic knee and stabilised it. Apparently it was too loose and the new part was more stable than the first one. I had a days break and then on 5th June I had him do the TKR on my left knee. Hence virtually two at once! Hope this clears it up for you?:what:
 
@H2OPoloMom yes it definitely was worth it! Life is starting to. Get busy again and I don't think I am quite ready for it! One day at a time!:curtsey:
 
@plnppl, thanks for the explanation. However, if you look carefully at your signature, you will see that it says your right knee was done 2/27/12 and again 6/5/14 and that your left knee was revisited (should be revision) on 6/3/14.
 
@bottomshollow thanks for that! I checked my signature and it was showing up correctly on my page but I have deleted it and put it in again. I have been experiencing problems with the web page as a lot of my posts have disappeared into cyberspace!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom