TKR Grumpy Old Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week before my btkr we had a tornado outbreak. One that did major devastation southwest of us took out some trees a mile from us. I was under my house in the crawl space. I don't think I could get there now. Hubby started on a storm shelter but right now it is a floor and sidewalk.....lol
 
@tiredwife @H2OPoloMom yes it was a little scary and we only got the aftermath....none of the crew were worried and still served drinks outside! When we got back to our Resort we were told that everyone had to get their passport and be ready to be evacuated. Thankfully it didn't hit us!
I am so glad that you didn't fall over..it would have given you an awful fright! Glad the kids keep their backpacks out of your way in your area!
My left knee is still extremely sore and. I am not walking on it as well as before the twist! My daughter found out that I had twisted it and I got a lovely lecture about being foolish and doing exercises when I was alone! :gaah:She was right... Hindsight is a wonderful thing! :bignono: I am hoping that at the stage I was at when I did it that no real damage has occurred! Roll on Tues for the physio or Monday if there is a cancellation!
 
When my sister in law and her husband were on their honeymoon (I can't remember exactly where, but Bahamas-ish), a hurricane hit and they spent their week in a local school gym with a hundred other newlyweds. No one got hurt thank goodness!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you @plnppl that Tuesday (hopefully Monday) goes well!
 
@msmechanic58 No crawling on new knees! Better get the storm shelter finished!

@plnppl Hubby's aunt lived in the little town of Mossy Grove TN. Her house had floor to ceiling windows all down the front of it. A tornado hit the town 15 years ago and devastated the town. His aunts house was untouched except for a branch on the roof and someone's car ended up in her yard up side down. All the other houses around her house were destroyed. One lady hid in the closet of her home and the only thing left standing of her house was that closet and her. Tornados are scary!

@H2OPoloMom Glad your sister in law and her hubby weren't hurt!
 
@msmechanic58 please get that storm shelter finished! We had the news over here of tornado activity in that area and had the pictures on our T.V. I say "no thank you ". Wouldn't even know what to do in the event of except get out of there and take cover! Happy that your sister in law and hubbie were okay and the closet lady!
 
@H2OPoloMom @tiredwife @msmechanic58 well I saw the physio and he doesn't seem to think that I have damaged the knee replacement! Yeah! He said that if it doesn't settle down to go and have it x rayed but thinks it's soft tissue damage!:loveshwr: I see him again on Monday for another treatment.Now all I need is for this cough to go away! Hope you all are travelling well!:flwrysmile:
 
@plnppl Great news!
[Bonesmart.org] Grumpy Old Woman
Just let it heal now!
 
@H2OPoloMom @tiredwife @msmechanic58 just dropping in to say hi! This cough has finally improved and I am feeling better. Most people who caught this bug have had it for about 4-5 weeks! Our days here have been beautiful of late but now people are sneezing from the pollens and grasses. Still the blue skies are wonderful to behold. I saw my physio this afternoon and he is still fairly sure that I did soft tissue damage when I twisted it and had suggested a course of anti inflammatories. On Saturday I definitely joined the ODIC when I was at my daughters Baby Shower so treading quietly for the moment. I hope you all are going okay and your new knees are behaving!:type:
 
@plnppl How was the shower? Did she get lots of goodies? Hubby is trying Tylenol today to see if he can take even less Norco. He wanted to drive today, so I let him drive me to get my yearly blood work done. It isn't too far. He said his knee hurt when he pressed on the gas pedal, but not any worse than it did before the TKR. He was happy to feel a little more normal. He is usually the main driver, as I don't really like to drive. I bet that even though you overdid it, it felt good to be doing something not related to your TKR.
 
@tiredwife our daughter got some beautiful baby gifts at the shower. Little outfits are so cute and she got Baby towels and a baby Ergo carrier as well as heaps of other things. We gave her a Baby Monitor. It did feel good to be doing something not TKR related but my knees were so sore! Things haven't been going very well since. I twisted my knee but I am trusting they will improve!
Hubbie would have felt so good driving! It is a step towards normality!
 
@tiredwife yes they are great! I bought something similar for our other daughter and it was so useful.. it still is. Always good to check on the little ones and be able to see they are okay without going into the room. I have been icing and resting up and have started taking some anti inflammatories to try and settle them both down. This too will pass and is just a hiccup along the road!:angel:
 
Sounds like a very successful baby shower for your daughter! Sorry to hear that your knees are acting up! I'm still taking my meds regularly (ibuprophen and Tylenol) and it makes a huge difference for me. I hope it helps you as well!
 
@H2OPoloMom I have started back on regular pain medication as well and it does help. I was off it totally until the knee twist! It certainly dies help! My wailing ability has dropped back but I am sure that will pick up once the oft tissue settles? How is everything going for you!
 
I'm closing in on my fourth week back at school, and slowly but surely, things are getting easier. I went up and down two flights of stairs at school today- TWICE. That hasn't happened in a few years. I still go down the stairs kind of funny because I don't trust my knee and quads enough yet, but it is an improvement. It is full sweep homecoming time at my school and as a senior class adviser, I'm very busy. I love committing to a class for four years, but fall gets very busy because of it. I'm supposed to walk in TWO parades soon, and am hoping my knee can handle it so I can give my fellow adviser a break. I'm heading back out tonight to work on our class float as well as their dance tonight, but we also have a food drive, penny a point fundraiser (the money goes to buy Christmas presents for the underprivileged kids in our district), games and dress up days all of which are part of a class competition to win the beloved "red apple." I have three red apples under my belt from previous classes and am hoping to win a fourth this year!

I hope your soft tissues heal well and soon so you can be off meds again!
 
@H2OPoloMom congratulations you sound as if you are doing great! Well done! The stairs are pretty impressive! I haven't really attempted any as there hadn't been the need so I am not sure how I would go. I went for a walk this afternoon but went a little too far even with resting a couple of times it was good to get back home. Sounds like you are having a good time with school...the class float sounds like a lot of fun! Hope you get another Red Apple!
 
@H2OPoloMom @tiredwife @msmechanic58 Hi girls I haven't been on in a while and thought I would drop in and see how you all are doing! :sneaker:Life started happening.. My youngest daughter had a little girl 8 weeks preemie! She is doing really well and came home on Monday! Haven't had a cuddle yet as she is still too tiny! Birth weight was 1.2kilo she is doing so well! :loveshwr:
My knees have improved but still swell. The Surgeon is happy with them and I am believing that they will go from strength to strength! The worst is behind now and it will only get better! Booking a trip next year as a reward!
How is everyone doing? You have been in my thoughts:prayer:
I bought myself a Recumbent bike so I can exercise at home! :upright:Just getting back to the Gym after that virus which turned out to be 100 day cough! Saw the Physio today and alls good! Hope you are all well!:thumb:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom