TKR Grumpy Old Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife I don't know why the alerts haven't come through either, however you got the last one! It was Fathers Day here today and we had a barbecue late lunch at our sons house. It was really nice and the weather was a perfect Spring Day! Our youngest daughter and hubbie couldn't make it as they had other commitments but older daughter and hubbie and grandson and of course son were there. Grandson is so full of energy and growing so quickly! Knees are doing okay.. Right one is wonderful but the left is still getting there! I hurt the left one doing a physio exercise at home and overbalanced with my foot on the lounge... Got stuck! Think I just over stretched the muscles so no more of that exercise for me! Have been very lazy since I caught this cold and cough but have had little energy. I did go for a walk yesterday and this morning probably about 3/4 kilometre which was enough at this stage!
How is your hubbie doing?
 
@H2OPoloMom yes I had to miss out on the birthday but managed to sneak Fathers Day in today. Lovely Barbecue at our sons place. Beautiful Spring Day with blues skies ....a little windy but it settled down. Are you back at school now? Try not to overdo it! :yahoo:
 
@plnppl, I am back in school! It's not as bad as I thought it would be as long as I medicate properly! My kids (students) are a very good distraction. At the end of my day, I'm kind of toast physically and mentally, but it will get better AND all the standing and walking that I do is helping to strengthen my quads some.
 
@plnppl Sounds like you had a good barbeque. Sorry you hurt yourself with that exercise! Hope you are feeling better. Hubby is doing pretty good, but over did it grocery shopping yesterday. Have a great day!
 
@H2OPoloMom I am so impressed that you are back at school. I can imagine you feel like toast after the days work but you are right the kids do provide a distraction from any pain! Good on you! You have done well!

I see my Surgeon next month and am hoping my left knee is better by then haven't been to the Gym since I have been ill...no energy and I don't think they want me coughing over them! I have been walking weather permitting and doing my exercises at home.

We are supposed to get high winds tonight 100k's. Hoping it doesn't get that bad or it might blow our magpie nest out of the tree. They are newly weds and have just nested!:chuckmarch:
 
@tiredwife good to hear your hubbie is doing well! That darned ODIC! Hoping my left knee settles down soon as it was scary getting stuck like that and twisting it "Ouch!" I keep telling myself that it's not broken but muscles protesting at bad treatment! By their owner!
 
62mph winds could be very damaging! I hope they don't get that high, and hopefully those magpies built their nest to last.

If your still walking and doing your exercises, your knee should be fine. Honestly, it can't be all bad to give it a little break since your body is now healing in two ways. I haven't been doing much since school started because I'm trying to give my knee a chance to adjust to all the standing and walking that I do at school. Next week I'll start back up. Keep getting better!
 
@H2OPoloMom good to hear that you are giving your knee a break when you can! You are doing really well....keep it up!
The winds got very high in some areas but ours wasn't too bad so I was very happy about that! Thunder and rain with some wind gusts. Damage was done in other areas.The magpie nest survived but the young one was out of it today and we are getting swooped regularly! I am hoping that the young one got back up the tree okay.
I am walking okay but the left knee is still slow and sore and not as good as the right! Maybe I am just being impatient and it is still catching up after twisting it and healing. It does take a long time and this bug makes it that bit worse. Everywhere you go you hear the same cough! It will pass! Glad you are doing so well and enjoying being back at school. :type:
 
@plnppl, I'm glad the worst of the wind missed you. We are in the process of dodging some pretty severe weather here as well. It's rainy and pretty windy, but just south of us it's pretty bad. Earlier In the week, they were talking about tornados, but now the threat is pretty low for us.

You are definitely not alone in your impatience! I keep asking myself, is this week better than last week? The answer is usually yes, but setbacks happen, and sometimes it's just different...hang in there!
 
@H2OPoloMom yes you are so right! I look back to the initial recovery period with all its pain etc and see how far I have come. You would be doing the same! It is just injuring my knee has worried me as it doesn't seem quite as good as it was. I rang the surgeons office and asked if he thought I should come in earlier but he said to keep the original appointment and if he thought it needed an x ray that he would send me downstairs on the appointment day! Also to go and see what the physio says and if he thinks there is a problem to get him to ring the rooms! I am sure it will be fine! Positivity triumphs!:loveshwr:
You sound as if you are doing so well but it is a long haul and to say otherwise would be a lie! We are all in it for the long haul and pain free walking ability. I can certainly walk further than I could before ... Yes!......but take it quietly the next day after a long walk.

I hope that you don't get any tornadoes and glad that the threat is now low! I watched the old movie "twister" the other night! Scareee!
Keep on keeping on and I will do the same, :flwrysmile:
 
@plnppl I remember 'Twister', we live in an area that gets a lot of tornadoes, but luckily (knock on wood) our house has never been hit. Had a few limbs broken, but nothing serious. It is scary!
Hope your knee is feeling better.
 
I think my arthritis, prepared me a little for this recovery. I literally could not walk for more than 15-20 minutes at a stretch before the surgery, so for a good year (plus) I had to pace myself. I also had to plan my week out because the pain would get worse as the week went on, so I would have to choose what I really wanted to do in a week and be sure to take it easy on Saturday and Sunday. So really, it's better now. BUT, I would not be able to make it through my school week without taking both ibuprophen and Tylenol.

It sounds like your doc has 2 check points in place for your knee with both the physio and being able to send you for an X-ray on site, so that's good. Hopefully, it's just a minor setback.
 
Tornadoes are scary @tiredwife and @plnppl! One year, I was half way out the door from school when they sounded the tornado warning and I had to decide whether or not to leave because it was after kids were dismissed. I chose to stay even though I would be late picking up my kids from day care. The tornado actually hit my route home. It flipped a semi-truck and tore the roof off of Best Buy and I would have been right there had I left. It still spooks me though generally, I'm not afraid of severe weather.
 
@H2OPoloMom We have had them hit the hill above our house and bounce over us. They like the towns on either side of us. It is scary the amount of damage they can do. We were in an earthquake when we lived in California once. It kind or rolled the house back and forth, no damage. You were lucky missing that tornado.
 
@tiredwife @H2OPoloMom Wow fierce weather! I would not like to live with Tornadoes threats. Incredible how they can cause so much destruction but miss certain houses completely. I am glad that you were okay. When we were in Fiji they had a Tsunami warning while we were out on the ocean. That was scary enough as the waves got quite big , thankfully it missed Fiji but the current was very strong from its impact in other areas.
Yes I think the Dr has a good plan in place and I am praying it only a small set back with muscles protesting. It would be very hard to have to contemplate more surgery after getting this far. However, worst case scenario, if it is injured then whatever it takes to get back to a good place. In saying that I will wait and see what the physio says. It could just be as simple as bruising from the twist and take a bit of time to settle. I have been using Voltaren cream and that helps a little.
 
I was out of my normal area today and tripped over a backpack. I didn't fall, but I had horrible visions of what could have happened. I've trained my own students to keep backpacks out of my way, so normally it's not an issue.

Let us know what physio says @plnppl...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom