TKR Grumpy Old Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
@H2OPoloMom @tiredwife went out for lunch with hubbie and saw pelicans. It was lovely and blew away a few cobwebs!

[Bonesmart.org] Grumpy Old Woman [Bonesmart.org] Grumpy Old Woman
 
@Nana moon 27 I really hope it all goes well for your revision on 22nd Sept! It was my right knee that was revisited and it has been wonderful! I wish that the left one would hurry and catch up! It was lovely at the beach this afternoon and amazing to see the pelicans. They didn't worry about people at all and were waiting for the fishermen to throw the little fish to them! It is supposed to be raining at the weekend so we have to make the most of the nice days when we get them! I was able to go for a walk along the Jetty but didn't go all the way! Keep us posted as to what happens!
 
@plnppl Hi, heard you are driving again! Good for you! At this stage it is easy to overdo it because you have more days were you feel good. Just be aware and pace yourself!
We are doing okay, found out that my hubby's pain behind the knee was pooled blood. OS said that now hubby is off blood thinners the body will start absorbing it and the pain will slowly go away. You have a great day!
 
@H2OPoloMom Hi there! Just wondering how everything is going?after a. Few busy days I have come down with a cold and very sore throat so having a bed day today. Will be so glad when winter is over.:elevate:
 
@plnppl I survived my 14 hour day, but only managed to sleep about 3 hours last night. I made it back to work today. I got there early for a pd day, but my normal school time. Worked through part of lunch and left an hour early, but if it had been a school day, it would have been on time. All in all, not too bad, but I am hurting today. The good news is that I don't have to go back until Tuesday though I may choose to...

So sorry to hear about your cold! Intellectually, I understand that it's winter there, but it's hard to reconcile that fact with the mid 80s and high humidity that we are experiencing here. I hope you can take some time to baby yourself and feel better soon!
 
@H2OPoloMom oh my goodness that is a huge day! Jo wonder you didn't sleep much that night! I hope that you are not in too much pain after it!
Yes it is hard to get your head around that the weather is different in other parts of the world! I see pictures of friends canoeing in Mississippi and think "I wish it were me!" Our days if Kate have been sunny but little warmth in them.despite my cold I thought that I would go for a walk yesterday to clear my head. Well, that didn't work and. I came back more congested than ever. On a positive note I did a Personal Best for my walk.... Nearly two Kilometres! I went back to bed when I got home but was very happy with the distance! Knees were sore but not too bad! Today is a bed.TV and reading day. This cold hasn't improved but hoping it will go by the weekend as it's our son in laws birthday and I won't be able to go if I still have it as my daughter is pregnant and there will be another baby there!don't want them to catch it! :elevate:
 
Well done on the 2Km! I'm fairly certain that walking back and forth at school yesterday made me hit that, but I did/am paying for it! I've got my gold embossed ODIC card to prove it!

Keeping my fingers crossed that you are well enough to attend the party this weekend!
 
@H2OPoloMom Sorry to hear that you are a Gold Member of ODIC! Hope it settles down for you quickly! I haven't gone for anymore walks. Since the other day as this cold has gotten worse and I have basically vegged out in bed watching TV or reading. Can't breathe, can't hear and can't speak....great Combination! Other friends have the same thing so it's something going around? I was doing really well I was home and not mingling with others. Oh well can't be a hermit for the whole of winter. My dog doesn't mind curling up with me on the bed and is enjoying the extra attention! Take care yourself and no more ODIC!:puppysmooze:
 
@msmechanic58 what are you girls doing to yourselves? LOL, it is so easy to overdo isn't it? Probably the only good thing about this cold is that it has slowed me down somewhat.
 
@msmechanic58 only the best and the brightest get the gold card, lol. Sorry you have joined me in the illustrious club. I hope you have today off for the holiday! I have to go in and finish a few things that I just could not get to on Wednesday:(

@plnppl your cold sounds miserable! I can only imagine a cough or sneeze shaking your whole body, knee included and if yours is anything like mine, that's not a good thing! Way to look on the bright side though with it slowing you down!
 
Haven't been on for a while as still feeling miserable with this cough and cold @H2OPoloMom @tiredwife Most people I know have either had it or have it and it appears to last for weeks.
I have been having a few problems with my left TKR with pain in my kneecap area and down the left side. The physio doesn't think it's the knee replacement but a "peri" type of pain from the muscles. Can't quite remember the whole terminology but apparently it's the better one to have! Otherwise I can walk okay... Some days better than others. Possibly the changes in the weather. I hope you both are doing well. How is hubbie going? :dogsniff:
 
@plnppl Don't know why I haven't gotten my alerts to your thread! UGH........ sorry you have been sick! Doesn't help that the TKR makes you even more worn out! Get better soon!
 
I'm sorry to hear that you are still down with the cold! I guess that means no birthday party? Hopefully they take a ton of pictures for you!

I'm supposed to be getting some work done on the computer, but I'm just not motivated to having survived my week. Oh, I'll put my big girl pants back on, but I'd rather ice and elevate giving my knee and brain a rest.

Hope you are at least turning a corner with this cold!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom