Bilateral TKR Got out of surgery at about 5pm 6/4/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi gazelle7777 how's things? I have tried to read through all the posts ( all 25 pages ! )but my internet is playing up as usual. May I ask why you were on that machine that cleans and circulates your blood when you had your op ? You can tell me to mind my own business if you want.. I won't be offended ! Have a great day . Mrs C :flwrysmile:


Mrs Cricklewood- Hello! Of course you can ask me anything!. The machine that cleans your blood was in place of transfusions. It is safer! They take the blood from the drains they have in each knee after surgery, recurculate it and clean it leaving in all the good properties, and putting your own healthy rich blood back into you with a drip. They did this for the first day and a half or so. Is that a good explaination... not scientific at all but the best I can do!
 
hi yes that was a great explanation...it is just I am a Jehovah's Witness ( don't hate me ! ) and I was curious...yes it would be safer because even over here in Australia people are catching allsorts of diseases from blood that has supposedly been screened.... eekk!! Thankyou and have a great day X
 
Hello Gazelle,
How are you doing ? Good I hope :) I don't mind telling you that a day after the gym, I am so tight &
Achey (sp) I have to skip a day. But, I have absolutely no pain when I walk. I wish I could walk 24-7 :heehee:
We are getting a :puppysmooze: on Saturday. He is a rescue from Arkansas he is 8 wks. Old half golden retriever
Half Husky...his name is Koda....after the Kodiak Islands in Alaska. He is my daughters & her boyfriends, but he
Will be living with us. I can't wait to see how my :kittykiss: react. I will try & get my daughters to post a picture
For you.
Have a wonderful weekend :friends:
Diana...."June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile: How's your ankle feeling ?
 
oooh a new doggy..yes photos please ! give Koda a cuddle for me please ! :flwrysmile: XXXX
 
Good Morning Diana and Mrs. Cricklewood! Glad to hear you are both doing well! I am fine! I have a Golden Retriever 3 year old female named Lola. She is my love besides my dear Husband! Diana you will have a wonderful dog with that mixture of breeds! How wonderful for the new addition to your family! Mrs Cricklewood is the avatar you have a picture of your dog? What a great face! LOL! That mouth is huge and such a sweet smile! :) I cannot seem to upload a file picture of Lola as it appears it is too large and I am not computer savy enough to fix it....

My legs are doing better with the compression stockings on. Swelling and ache is gone. Will I have to wear them the rest of my life??? I hope not..... Yesterday I walked for 40 minutes and also later in the day road my inside bike for an hour watching Dr. Oz. I feel fine today, so that shows my knees are fast accepting my exercise demands.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!~ It is suppose to be upper mid 60's by Monday here in the Seattle area. I better get out and clean up the yard... no excuses because of my bad knees now!:rofsign: Love you guys! Joan
 
hi gazelle7777 yes this is a photo of my pooch Winston ..he is such a happy boy and I will be even happier when I can finally start taking him for his walkies again ! I just posted a few more photos of him on my post https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/so-glad-that-is-over.21113/ on pages 3 and 4 .
I don't have the stockings to wear but my physio did cut a piece of compression bandage for me to where when I felt the need.... Give Lola a cuddle for me too !! I LOVE doggies !! XXXX
 
Glad to hear that your legs are doing better and that you are managing a lot of exercise :yay:
 
Hello Gazelle,
Our new puppy is so good. He is friendly to everyone & loves to curl up on our laps :puppysmooze:
My daughter had to get up with him every hour last night to bring him out, she slept all day today :heehee:
She asked me if he would sleep through the night tonight :rotfl: :rotfl: I don't think I'll ever have any grand kids :rofsign:
I am so glad the stocking is helping you with the swelling :)
Have a wonderful Sunday,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Good Morning Gazelle,
Before I forget.....Happy Early Birthday :happydance: :dancy: :yay: I was afraid my mind might forget by
Tomorrow :heehee:
Do you have any special plans for tomorrow ?
I hope you & yours knees have a wonderful day,
Thinking of you :friends:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks so much for the early Birthday greetings Diana! Gosh.... 58.... it is only a number right? I really forgot about it.... honestly! You know, I really do not celebrate my BD anymore... but next JUNE 4th--- my OTHER birthday:happydance: ---- I will be celebrating a one year anniversary! :cheers: I go to my last PT appointment today... kind of feel sad.:cry: I really have come to love the place and the connection I feel with my therapist. She makes me feel cared for and like she really cares about me and my wellbeing... not too many people really understand what is involved with knee or joint replacement... it is LIFE CHANGING. That is why this board is SO important... it is a lifeline to others who understand joint surgery and all that is involved. I so treasure you and my other friends here. I hope we can somehow stay in touch through this year, perhaps longer. We shall see... Bless you Diana for being a ray of sunshine:) on many rainy days the past 4 1/2 months..... Joan
 
Happy Birthday Gazelle! Was it Monday the 21st? If so, we share the same birthday. I am behind you in regard to the surgery, but look forward to June 18th as my one year. Sounds like things are coming along nicely for you...congrats!
 
Hello Gazelle,
Just checking in on you :) I hope you are doing well. I posted some pictures of Koda :puppysmooze:
On my thread. He is such a good boy.....my :kittykiss: aren't even afraid of him.They go right up to him
He is pretty mellow....he turned me into a :puppysmooze: person.
I hope your ankle is behaving.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Diana....."JUNE SUNBEAMS" :SUNsmile:
 
:egypdance: Good Saturday Morning BoneSmart Friends!
Hope everyone is well. I am doing great! My last PT session was last Wenesday. I am on my own now. I go see my surgeon, Dr. Barrett, for another Post Op in November. Probably my last for a while. I am wearing my compression stockings and my right ankle swelling is behaving nicely. No swelling. I am walking almost daily and riding my inside bike also. Only issues I have at this time is a bit of stiffness at night in changing positions in bed. I am at just under 5 months since surgery, able to do everything I could not do before with my old rotten worn out knees. Walk, shop, stand, stairs, stepping off of curbs and up curbs, walk the dog, FEEL HUMAN AGAIN!!! PRICELESS!!!:spin:

Anyone reading my thread prior to their surgery, know that this truely is life saving surgery. I hope you see in reading my journal, that, even though I had a few early weeks of pain and discomfort.... just normal stuff.... things continued to get better and better with each healing week... and today just under 5 months since surgery, I feel like a new person! It was and is all worth it. I know there could be challenges ahead... but, in life there are always challenges. I try not to think about what could be... but to live in the now and live each day as it comes. Today is wonderful and that is what I am focusing on. Any challenges that come down the road I will face as I get to them. For now, I feel truely blessed to have had this surgery and am so so thankful everyday for those involved in my surgery and recovery. :SUNsmile:
 
Very happy that you are doing so well in your recovery :yay:
 
Hi Gazelle,
How are you ? Good I hope :) Koda is awesome....he is so calm...my cats just sit next to him :kittykiss:
Every morning I have 3 sets of eyes looking at me for food :heehee: ( not counting my husband ) :rotfl:
My knee will be 5 months old on Monday :yay: the newest improvement is when I lift my knee getting in the car
It doesn't hurt :spin:
I applied for a job in a re- hab hospital for mornings. Yesterday at my interview the lady was telling me about
How they check the threads on your shoes, so they have no fault if you fall :yikes:
Not something folks like us want to hear :scary:
I am glad you are doing well, give Lola a big hug from me :puppysmooze:
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
MONDAY NOVEMBER 4, 2013
Happy 5 month Anniversary to my knees!:dancy: :happydance: Just five months ago I was miserable in pain, on crutches and dreading every step I took... now just 5 months after BTKR I feel like a new person. :bicycle1: I so look forward to the next 5 months to hopefully see even better results! I go see my OS doctor this Wednesday for my 5 month Post Op. Other than stiffness to some degree, and my darn right knee being cranky at times... I really have no major issues. I will bring up the swelling and soreness of my right ankle and concerns of circulation and blood pooling. I read where massage on the legs can help this so I am going to see if he would approve massage Therapy with my insurance just on the lower part of my body hips down to ankles. CAN I GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO JOSEPHINE- for her opinion.... If she thinks massage therapy is not out of the question? I do not know how to notifiy her if I have a question..... does anyone know how? I am wearing the compression knee highs everyday, but I also want to be doing as much as I can to assist circulation. Josephine

Happy Fall to all my Bonesmart Buddies. Hope you are all doing well in your healing journey. Lets please all stay in touch. I have a yard full of leaves to rake up today..... me and these knees of mine! Take best of care- ((hugs)) Joan:)
 
gazelle7777, I have put a tag for Josephine into your post. Probably won't hear from her until later today. Good to hear that your knee is coming along nicely and things are much better. Hope you get that ankle problem resolved soon.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Happy 5 month Anniversary on your 2 shiny new knees... :dancy: :yay:
Where did the time go ? Oh Yay, icing, elevating, at home P.T, Out patient P.T, drugs on time & O.S visits :rotfl:
We truly have come so far :yahoo: we can only get better & better.
Great update...Please keep in touch my little " JUNE SUNBEAM" :SUNsmile:
Diana...onward & upward :spin:
 
Congratulations on your 5 month anniversary - now you can even dance to celebrate :happydance: :martini: :egypdance:

You are doing so much now - think back to when we were over on the pre-op forum
 
NOVEMBER 8, 2013, SATURDAY

Greetings BoneSmart friends... This last Wednesday I saw my OS for my 5 month Post op vist. He took xrays and everything looks stellar! My new knees are doing very well. I am done with Physical Therapy now, so until next June 2014 when I go for my one year post op vist, I am pretty much on my own. Amazing the difference in my life in just 5 months! From a basic cripple, to someone walking 2 miles a day and living virtually in no pain from my knees and legs. I do have other issues of concern... some circulation issues in my legs, both hips are not good, and my lower back also has some arthritis. But these are issues I am dealing with OK for now and I will focus on THIS WONDERFUL DAY ONLY! Living day by day rather than worrying about future problems is what I have learned as I get older. I probably will not be posting as much on my thread, once a month or so for updates through June 2014-- my one year anniversary.

I hope this thread helps anyone with BTKR to see day by day what changes and issues may come up on your journey. I wrote it as hopefully to give those worried about what happens after surgery to see that there are challenges.. but the good far out weighs the negative!

until my next update wishing everyone a very wonderful Thanksgiving Day! There is so much to be thankful for this year!:yay: Joan

So until my next update....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom