Bilateral TKR Got out of surgery at about 5pm 6/4/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gazelle7777
Thinking of you & Lola on the 4th of July weekend :dogwalk:I've been walking Koda at the field
In back off my house, It sure feels wonderful not even thinking about my knee :yahoo:
We just get up & go....:puppysmooze:
All my Best to you :friends:
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:P.S, Happy Knee Anniversary Tomorrow :yes!::happydance::yay: Please post an up-date
On your Thread :egypdance:
 
:wave:July 4th 2014, 13 months since surgery

Happy July 4th! Hope this finds all my present and past Bone Smart buddies doing well! Things just continue to improve. I am using a fit bit and trying to get in my 10,000 steps a day. My goodness, before surgery I probably did not get in 10,000 steps in a month! I hardly think about my knee anymore except to be so thankful each day for my good health as I start my day. To have lost the ability to move for so many years... and to get that back is truly a miracle of sorts! Nothing less.
Diana sounds like you and I are both enjoying our lives again, walking our beloved doggies:dogwalk:, and moving without pain. I wish so much we could go on a dog walk together... well, maybe in our thoughts we can ! :puppysmooze:

My hips are not bothering me too bad... so I am going to just put any more surgery on the back burner for the present ..... Just enjoy this next year without the knee pain and go with the flow:flwrysmile:

Looking forward and onward to life again.... what a blessing!:prayer: Enjoy your Summer everyone!!Update again soon! Joan. :)
 
@gazelle7777
What a wonderful up-date :happydance:Our puppies must be very happy that we can now
Walk them:dogwalk: I am soooo happy your hip is behaving :) I have finally reached the point
Where I don't even think about my knee :yes!: Onwards we go, living the life we were meant
To live :friends:
Happy 4 th of July,
Thinking of you always,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:"JUNE SUNBEAMS" 2013 :SUNsmile:
 
:spin:AUGUST 4TH, 2O14---- 14 months Post Op.

Greetings bonesmart friends! Happy Summer! I figured I would update my healing thread through to my second year every month. That gives a pretty complete history of my journey from pre op to post op. I am doing very well. My knees feel pretty darn great! I hardly think about them now except to look down at the two ugly scars and give thanks for those ugly scars! Pretty fair trade off I would say for getting back my mobility and sanity and freedom from horrible pain experienced pre surgery.

I now have a new journey to go on... I have a surgery date set for October 1st to replace my left hip. Just 8 weeks away.... Both of my hips are shot... they started to go down hill 30 years ago way before my knees started to hurt. I have constant pain from them. My left has a large bone cyst and aches constantly. I worry it will someday collapse or fracture so I am not going to put off getting it fixed. Then I will see how I am doing and eventually do my right hip. The same doctor will be doing my hips that did such a great job on my knees- Dr. Barrett in the Valley Medical Joint Center in Renton, Washington. He is my hero! I would like to do bilateral hip... but he suggests just doing one at a time for a better healing outcome. He will do anterior entry. I am not afraid like I was with my knee replacements. I feel I have done this process and know what to expect now. But I know it is a huge commitment and will not be easy.

I hope all the other June Sunbeams from 2013 knee replacements are doing well! I have lost touch with most of them.. they now getting on with their new pain free lives. My friend Diana you keep on keeping on girl and give Koda:dogwalk: a big ol' hug from me! Lola sends her love to Koda:puppysmooze:

so on we go to towards month 15... always forward to good things , and never looking back!
Joan:SUNsmile:
 
Hi Joan..... I'm also from June 2013 and doing well.. My knees aren't perfectly straight, but they don't have horrendous pain in them like before surgery. I can walk without pain!! Glad to hear how well you are doing.
 
@gazelle
Happy 14 month Kneevesary.... :yes!::yay::happydance::egypdance::cheers::dancy: I am so Happy to hear how well
Your Knees are working :) But, I also know how hard it must be to have new Knees & terrible hips :sad:
It's all connected & when something is off it affects everything. I am glad you have the same O.S
For your hips. My husband & I joke about how our O.S has a yacht bought only from replacing our parts
( Jim, a hip & shoulder....Me...Osteotomy & LTKR ) :rofsign:I wish you the best in your new Journey :friends:
& as always,
All my Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr::puppysmooze::puppysmooze: :loveshwr:
 
Wonderful update. Best wishes for your new hip.
 
Wonderful update- gives me hope! Good luck with your hips - I'm sure you've heard the hips are no where near as bad as the knees. I had a bilateral by the same OS who 12 weeks ago did my knee. I feel the same way about him as you do about your OS. I just trust him to do the right thing in the OR & afterwards. It's so reassuring to go to the OR with someone you like & trust, isn't it?
 
@gazelle7777
I finally have a picture of Koda. Here we are yesterday taking a nap. See how big he is :shocked:
92lbs. Of gentleness, sweetness & Love :loveshwr:He has started to bury bones under our pillows,
With our heads still on them :rotfl: I am a cat person, but I truly Love this puppy :roseshwr:
My daughter is talking about another rescue puppy next year. I told her to please have her own place
By then :heehee:
I hope all is going well with you :friends:Give Lola a hug from me :puppysmooze:
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
:thumb:T:wowspring:SEPTEMBER 4th....15 month anniversary! final post....

Hello Bone Smart friends! Another month and theses knees keep on working terrific! I hardly think about them except to be thankful and have gratitude. To all of you having your knee or knees replaced... it is a very good thing!:happydance:
I did go have a teeth cleaning and a crown done recently ..no antibiotics... against my doctors orders... and everything is just fine. I normally do everything I am asked to do or told to do, but, this protocol of antibiotics before every dental issue was one I had to put my foot down on. I did wait one full year before my cleaning and work done on my teeth. I am going today to have another crown done. I can not imagine taking antibiotics every time I go to the dentist... I would be on antibiotics everyday with these teeth of mine if I followed the old protocol. That would not be a good thing!

I am preparing for my left hip replacement on October 1st. Thus why all the dental work I am doing prior to hip replaced. I will wait another year before going for my cleanings etc, after hip replacement... unless there is an tooth emergency. I am much better prepared for this hip surgery going in as I know what to expect and what I need from last time with my knees replaced. Of course it is still stressful.... any surgery is....

This will be my last update on this thread for my BTKR on June 4th 2013. The end of my BTKR journey. The beginning of new journeys...... :thumb: I will be starting a new thread as a "HIPPY" in October and moving on to that. I hope this thread has helped others going into BTKR. To see the ups and the downs of recovery... ending with a :wowspring::dancy::happydance::spin: ending! That will be your experience too if you just hang in there and look forward!

Take care and good wishes on your journey! Joan:SUNsmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@gazelle7777
I am glad you are ending your BTKR journey on a wonderful recovery :) I hope folks are reading
This, it will help them see the light at the end of a long journey.
As you begin your new journey as a "Hippy" I will continue to cheer you on :friends:You have been a
Great comfort to me & I only want a pain free life for you :prayer:To have made such a wonderful
Friend on a forum is Amazing.
My thoughts & best wishes,
Love, Diana :loveshwr:P.S.... Give Lola a big hug from me.:puppysmooze:
 
Thank you for sharing your recovery with us, I always enjoyed your posts and I am so glad you had a good outcome!! Stay well, and good luck on your hip replacement. :friends:
 
Another success story!!! How thrilling. I hope you will continue to tell us all the great things you're doing with your knees, though. Newbies LOVE to hear that they can actually do stuff with knee replacements. Your story will most certainly benefit others and we really appreciate you taking time to write about your journey.

Now on to hips!!!
 
It it great to read these success stories. Here's to the same success as a hippy
 
@gazelle7777
Hi Joan,
I have been thinking of you as you wait for your new hip on October 1 :)
I wanted to wish you a smooth, trouble free Recovery :friends:You have been such a true
Friend to me during our Knee Recoveries, I want to support you on this recovery also.
I will look for you on the "Hippy Side" please post when you are able.
All my Love,
Diana :loveshwr: :puppysmooze:
 
Diana! My buddy! My surgery was bumped a day earlier...September 30th. Thanks for thinking of me.... I am counting down the days now...still waiting for call about surgery time. Hope it is earlier this time. With my knees it was at 3 PM in the afternoon. Good wishes to you! Joan:friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom