Bilateral TKR Got out of surgery at about 5pm 6/4/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gazelle7777
Happy knee Anniversary 11 months today :wowspring::happydance::yay::dancy::egypdance:
What a fantastic report !!!!!! Don't you just love gardening :loveshwr:You must be swiping
That Credit Card really well:heehee: Be Careful :rotfl:
I am glad your hip isn't bothering you:angel:
Keep on keeping on my Friend:friends:
See you Next Month,
Love,
Diana:wave::loveshwr:
 
This is a hopeful thread---I am so happy for you!!! The new knee is not perfect, but is better than the old one!!
 
It's so great to hear from you and know you're getting your life back in order. Please do come back and update us as often as you like. The newbies LOVE to hear from members like you. It gives them hope at a time when they hurt and may be very worried about the future.
 
Hi @gazelle7777 and happy 11th month anniversary! Yours is a thread I read from beginning to end before I had my surgery last month. I just reread it because I remembered how difficult things were for you in the early days. You are so positive and upbeat not just in your thread, but wherever you post on this forum.:thankyou: It is very comforting to know when I feel 'stuck' that there is so much more progress ahead. So your journey is making mine easier. Thanks for sharing.
 
:yahoo:MY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! JUNE, 4, 2014:wowspring:

Here I am. One year ago today at this time in the morning I was preparing for my surgery scheduled at 3:00 pm in the afternoon. June 4th is now my new birthday as this day one year ago gave me back life. I did not realize how much pain, disfigurement and misery my arthritic bowed knees gave me, just how much my freedoms had been taken away. I had just accepted pain as being a part of my life like breathing. It was like I had blinders on. Each morning I would step out of bed:groan:, and start counting the steps to each room. I was taking up to 15 aspirin a day for years... until it ate a hole in my stomach. Without the aspirin, (and I would not take prescription pain meds), I took Tylenol which did not help the pain at all, and so, I had to go to using crutches to walk as the pain was quadrupled without the aspirin. Just standing was horrible:gaah:. So I sat down about every 5 minutes, to rest and prepare for getting up again. My knees had become in charge of my day, my life, everything.

I feel like a new person today. I get up, and start my day thinking about what I want to do, not how miserable pain I am in. My knees do not rule my life anymore.:yes!: I walk, use the stairs, go up and down curbs, exercise, garden, and I can STAND IN ONE PLACE!!!! I no longer feel like people are staring at my bowed out legs which for me as a woman being bow legged was devastating. I put on pants and feel proud of my legs again. Nice and straight!

This site has been a blessing to me from the beginning as I never felt alone, even in the hospital just hours after surgery I used my iPad to reach out to my Bone Smart buddies and they were there for me during those first scary hours in hospital in the middle of the night. Thanks to all the advisors for their input and help over the last year. What would this site do without you? And my many BoneSmart friends, Diana, Puffin, SkiGirl, and so many others, thank-you so much for being great comrades and companions in this journey we all have taken.

My one year post op is next week on June 12. I feel I am a poster child for a good outcome with Bilateral joint replacement. My hips and back bother me with the arthritis, and I just need to keep an eye on that. But, I do not have to take any pain meds or even aspirin for them, so, I think I am doing well keeping things in check with taking natural anti-inflammatory for now and eating a low inflammation diet.

I will do another update in six months, December. I hope I see even more improvement in my ability to bend and use my knees at that time. Until then, take care!

Joan :loveshwr:
 
Great news Joan and well done you for all the work you have put in to have good knees and straight legs. I am 1 year 7 months in for my first knee and at the end of June my Anniversary year for my second knee so I know how wonderful you feel as it is getting your life back. I so agree we all get so much feedback and help from everyone on here it helps you so much in those dark days after the op when you wonder if you have done the right thing.

Take care I look forward to reading your December review :).

Sheila xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah!!!!! Way to go Joanie!!!!! So happy for you! Isn't it amazing that a year ago today...we were having our surgery!!! I will post my update on my 1 year follow up appointment on my thread later today! Love ya Buddy!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
 
@gazelle7777
Can you believe we have made 1 yr ? :) Your post made me a little teary, I am so sorry you
Were in pain & uncomfortable for so many years :sad: BUT, look at you now.........living the life
You deserve so much....doing thinks you never would of dreamed about :happydance:So,
HAPPY 1 YEAR KNEES ANNIVERSARY.....:yes!::happydance::yay::yahoo::dancy::cheers::egypdance::spin:I appreciate
Your friendship during this last year :friends:I will keep in contact, my next O.S appointment is
June 20 I will post then. Tell Lola I said "Hi".....:puppysmooze:
Thinking of You,
Love,
Diana :wave: :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Joan
YAY! I am so excited. It's hard to believe a year has gone by already (although a year ago, each month seemed to take an age). You clearly are enjoying life and able to LIVE life. You paid it forward here on Bonesmart, encouraging others and staying in touch. Give your knees a cupcake to celebrate!

I go for my year appt. next week. It will be the first time my OS will have seen me relaxed! :)

Enjoy your anniversary.
j
 
:goodpost: Awesome Joan! I so glad you're happy with your decision to have BTKR. Now yore a year out and you have your life back. Terrific my BoneSmartie BTKR friend! Keep up the great attitude!
 
What a sterling report!! I'm so glad you posted. Hon, it truly made my day. In fact, I plan to link your post in for our BoneSmart founder, Richard Warner. He has many things on his plate besides the forum these days, but he truly enjoys knowing that the website he created can have this much positive impact on people. Keep the great news coming!!!
 
Great report and congrats! It's wonderful to hear the result of recovery the Bonesmart way, and how life has changed.

I know I would not have recovered well without the support found here. Even though my posts are sporadic, I read and check up on friends every day, and direct clients and friends to Bonesmart hoping they have the same experience I did!

Congrats on 1 year and blessings for many more to come!

Dawn
 
I had BTKR, like you, on May 5. Exactly one month ago. Like you, sleep was difficult. I've only been able to get two good nights sleep in the last 30 days. Most nights I could only manage at most 2 hours of sleep then I woke, read posts in this forum, or watched TV, trying to get drowsy again. Sometimes I could fall asleep for another hour or so. I tried to nap during the day but without much success. I hope you will sleep well.

I too have a lot of stairs in my home. I try to limit the number of times that I have to do the stairs because it is quite challenging.

After 3 weeks, I did feel a lot better. Each day I felt a little stronger and more comfortable. Today, one month from my BTKR, I was almost pain-free all day. I took 1 Hydrocodone every 7 hours and 2 Tylenols.

Eat a lot of fruits, and prunes. They should help you with regularity.

I wish you well on your recovery.
 
HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY :flwrysmile::flwrysmile: @gazelle7777 !!! Fantastic Report!! I am so glad you are doing so wonderful!!! This forum is the best thing in the world for support I don't know what I would do without it either! You have been so helpful and an encourager to me as well! THANKS!!!!! :flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Happy one year anniversary Joan :wave:- Happy to hear that things are going so well. Are you still Nordic Walking with the poles? :hiking:

Hope that your improvement continues in the year ahead :SUNsmile:
 
Happy Anniversary! It is so good and helpful to hear from members at one year out! Thank you all!!
 
My THR scheduled for July 16, a bit apprehensive, from the others posts it helps to know I am not alone.
 
@gazelle7777
I am thinking about you today :friends:I hope your recovery is going smoothly & you are
Enjoying the Summer :SUNsmile:
Give Lola a big hug :puppysmooze: I'm out to walk Koda, before it hits 90 degrees :yikes: Then back into
The A.C :heehee:
Take Care,
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom