TKR Good grief, it's Gort!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done, enjoy your meringue, you earned it.
Wow, backwards and forwards rotations on your first attempt, I am impressed!!!!! :bow: Way to go girl . I am so pleased for you.
Back that crochet now with a very happy smile on your face.
Superstar.
I am off out soon for a walk by the river then a coffee and a bit of light food shopping. Making sure I have everything I need to make yummy hot cross buns.
Enjoy the rest of your day, TF x :goodpost: :bicycle1:
 
Ooooh jealous TF!! :tantrum: I want to be in the kitchen making them buns, with the baking smells wafting around me!!! Not quite there yet, got a big slab of concrete where my quad used to be at the mo, think Gort enjoyed his first trip out, but the rest of the angry stuff didn't!!! :groan: Tea cosy coming on a treat! Enjoy your walk/coffee/shopping, it's a lovely day here, may the sun shine where you are! :puppysmooze: :SUNsmile: :ok:
 
Hi Jetthugger,
i have not gone out yet, I began to feel a bit weary. I think I was just tired so have decided to sit and rest, ice and knit for a bit.
The sun has hidden.
I am still hoping for my walk by the river a bit later when my batteries have recharged.
I need a few bits for my baking so don't think they will get done today.
Tomorrow is a new day.
Looking forward to seeing the tea cosy extraordinaire.
TF :egypdance: :happydance: :yay:
 
Just think--getting in and out of a wheelbarrow would probably be easier than getting in and out of a car at this point in your recovery!! :rotfl: Hang in there--a lot of us Bonesmarties are sending you warm and caring thoughts!
 
Well this is excellent news and looks like you can be officially signed up for le tour de bonesmarties team.

That really is good.

Glad staples out without Any :yikes: And a meringue as well for bravery, bless! It's all good!

Yes, we've had sun today and it's made a big difference. Lovely to see you all :egypdance:and :dancy:.

Now with a weekend of chocolate ahead of us, what's not to like? :cheers:

Hugs, Fernie :friends:
 
Alison - you are doing so well!! I am pleased that your staples are out and that you not only braved the bike, but that you were able to make both back and forward rotations!! And to hear that you are walking unaided is fantastic too!! That quad will come along in time too, just imagine how great you'll feel then!

I've never considered knitting but after all the fun chatter, I may indeed need to investigate! :snork:
 
I will let you into a secret Sarah, knitting ain't my thing!! :whistle: Although I pick up the pins occasionally, I'm a one-hook girl & prefer crochet for wooly stuff. Normally. I make beaded jewellery, but the beads are minute & the thread & needles are so fine I would lose them in a heart beat in the condition I'm in & end up looking like a porcupine!!! :yikes: :heehee: I do have an Josephine query... When my dressing was removed to take out my staples, the nurse told me I had considerable rashing where the adhesive was (no wonder it itched like fury!!) :groan: But now she's removed the staples & put a new sticky dressing on (clear this time) but the itching has returned. Would I be safe to take it off & let my wound go commando? There's no seeping or wetness, only a few spots of blood where the staples came out? :what: Or should I ask for an alternative hypo allergic type dressing for a while?
 
Well, if you like and if the wound is well healed and sealed, I would take it off and leave it to "God's good clean air" as one surgeon of my acquaintance (who never used any dressings whatsoever!) would say. The remaining staple holes should dry up in a matter of hours and you can then forget all about it!
 
Thank you Josephine!!! It's like having a medically qualified virtual mum to hand!! :kittykiss: Gonna whip it off 1st thing, give the area a good wash with hibiclens (not the wound!!) & hopefully it will stop the infernal itching!! :groan: On the hot cross bun quandary, I think I have found a solution! :yes!: My step son is coming over on Saturday to visit, he's 16, in a rock band & as sweet a lad as you could possibly meet. He also enjoys a spot of cooking....... Muhahahaha!!!! :heehee: I think, suitably supervised, he will come in handy & help whip up a batch of hot cross buns without me upsetting Gort in the process!! :spin: :happy-dance: :egypdance: :dancy: well, it's 4am, been awake since 3, so will try & get a couple of hours sleep! :mcoffee: Big hugs to all my bonesmartie friends (including insomniacs & any that have scummy recipes!!) :puppysmooze:
 
Good morning itchy one, I hope your itchy leg settles quickly with the dressing off.
Good plan for getting some buns made. I am hoping to have a go this morning once I am up.
I see you are still not sleeping very well, hope it settles soon, must be exhausting.
I did get for my walk yesterday later in the afternoon. It was a bit of a stretch but I enjoyed every moment.
Have a good day.
TF x :flwrysmile: :bicycle2:
 
Alison, so lovely to hear how well you're doing. Well done. Take care. Jenny :puppysmooze:
 
Hey hot cross makers, I hope they turn out ok, I'm sure dear Gami will want a full report. Must say, I've been a bit flakey with it, out a lot today then away sat and sun, lords knows the MIL wouldn't bake if her life depended on it :heehee:. My excuse Is the many visits to the Club that no one wants to go to. Really must get act together when this recovery is further in.

Sorry to hear you not sleeping well, Jett, but at least you have this fab forum to occupy u in the wee hours.

Now, go off and eat lots of chocolate :loll: Have a lovely day.sun is out and sky is blue :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile:

Fernie :egypdance:
 
All this talk of hot cross buns YUM I think I will go buy some! :happydance: Sorry to hear about your itch I hope it settles down for you soon and you get a bit more sleep. You ladies are all doing so well! :spin:
 
Good morning Fernie, you don't need any excuses. You are busy busy busy. Have a great day.
Good plan Kathy landoz enjoy your buns.
Toothfairy x :)
 
:gaah: :headbang: Typed a mahoosive response to y'all on iPad, touched the wrong bit of the screen and whoof!! Gone!! Dissappeared into the virtual black hole where socks & teaspoons go!!! :tantrum: :hissy: So;
Toothfairy itchy no more!!! Took Josephine's sage advice & ripped that sucker off!!!! Hibiscrubbed the redness & all is now calming down. Ahhhhh.... :thud: I'm sorry that your excursions yesterday lost you sleep last night, at least you know your limits & traded that off against what looks like an otherwise lovely day! Hope you take it easy today & get a little pampering in (and chocolate) :puppysmooze:
Fernie oh so busy!! You wear me out just reading your itineraries!!!are you sure you had a TKR???? :heehee: :whistle: I aspire to be like you & Toothfairy though will try & give the overdoneitagain club a wide berth!!! :shocked: My MIL is same, the only thing she does with any enthusiasm is put me down, which recently has become all to frequent following the onset of dementia! still, she's only with us two days every other week :headbang: :tantrum: :yikes:
@kimjen how are you? I need to visit your thread later & see if your ok :kittykiss:
landoz mmmm agree hit cross buns are a must!!! Lashings of butter & followed by a large chocolate Easter egg!!! Doctors orders!! :rotfl:
:loll: And gami your recipe will be tried tested & wolfed down this weekend!!
 
Hi Jetthugger, I too have done the disappearing post thing, it is so frustrating!!!!!
Only ever seems to happen when you do a particularly long post. S*** law.
I am pleased the itchy leg is itchy no more. How is your scar looking? I am really pleased with mine so far, all healing well. Still a teeny tiny bit at the top not fully sealed where the maverick stitch was hiding. Hopefully it will sort itself out soon.
I really can't complain about a little lost sleep, compared to many I am sleeping so well.
Sorry to hear that your MIL is difficult, that is the trouble with partners, they come with whole families and all the fun they entail.
Grit your teeth and get yourself a little stress doll that you can bash about. You could crochet one!
I have been playing in the kitchen this morning, my hot cross bun dough is rising and a batch of fruity Easter biscuits are cooling. I love to bake. I am now sitting with my feet up and an ice pack on. Time to knit a few more rows.
Have a great day,
Your friendly local Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :egypdance:
 
Shhhhh, lets not say this too loud, or be too hasty but............. I slept through last night!!!!!! :happydance: :egypdance: :dancy: :spin: :yay: :tada: may celebrate by getting hubby to take me to the pet shop to buy chewy things for the woofers for Easter. :puppysmooze: How are all my bonesmartie friends today?
 
:goodpost: Wonderful news. There will be no stopping you now.
Cross trainer, bike you will be super fit and super fast. :dancy:
A walk out with the dogs will be great, I am sure you will enjoy it, just talk it gently. The tricky bit is knowing how much you can manage without angering the knee king. In my opinion a little knee grump is a small price to pay for the joy of a walk outside.
Have fun whatever you do.
I am happy, I managed 2km on my bike this morning, I still struggle to get going on the bike and have to stretch a lot before I can do a backward rotation. Once I have done a couple of backwards rotations I can go forwards and turn those pedals smoothly. It feels really good.
Have a great day,
Toothfairy x:bicycle1: :flwrysmile:
 
I did my stretches & flexions this morning, followed by a shower & then did a full minute on the cross trainer!! Doesn't sound like much, but boy! Can you feel those quads solidify!!! I'm also having a go at walking upstairs normally, which if I grab the bannister I can do (not sure quads are up to going down too!!!! :yikes: so, all in all a very good start to my day!! Hubby & I will take a gentle stroll with the woofitîes later & see how we get on. Only ten minutes to start, then rest, ice, elevate, a nice movie & some chocolate as my own reward!!! :happydance: :egypdance: :cheers:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom