TKR Good grief, it's Gort!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Alison sorry I've not been by your thread, jut catching up. Sounds like you are doing v good with your activities. I've spent most of the last week in the ODIC, surprised I didn't see you :giggle:. Another busy day for me so I'll probs pass by there for a :martini: This evening :cry:.

Take care and keep up good work. :happydance: Fernie
 
Well, spent the day crocheting! :happydance: Two three minute spells on the exercise bike & a few minutes gently on the cross trainer is all. :bicycle2: Gort seems to want to bend while I'm asleep & I wake up all bent & tangled!!! Good for rom I suppose, but creaks a but when trying to straighten it all back out again!!! :groan: Gonna call ins co in the morning & have a drive out. I have an auto, so don't use my left leg at all. :shocked: The meds im on don't have any effect on me (that way) so I'm sure I will be ok. :thumb: Plus, the freedom!!!!!!!!! :yes!: Getting a little ambitious, cooked tea tonight, chicken fajitas as I needed fresh vegetables & fresh cooking. Love hubby to bits, but he is a troglodyte in the kitchen!! Also, have a lovely pattern for a spiral afghan crocheted blanket...... Hmmmmm...... How are my bonesmarty friends? Full of Easter chocolate? Big hugs o all, may your sleep be ubdisturbed & full of sweet dreams!! :sleep: :zzz: :puppysmooze:
 
My, my--cooking, driving--next thing you'll be running a 5K! Just knowing you can drive if you want to is so freeing, isn't it. I am going to drive myself to PT for the first time today. Did you enjoy cooking last night? I just made a scrumptious batch of granola to go along with the yogurt I made yesterday. Each day I try to get into the kitchen a little more. I just hope my family doesn't get the idea that I am now back full time as chief cook and bottle washer!

Hope you are sleeping well, perhaps under that new spiral afgan? Keep up the good work!
 
Good morning Jetthugger,
How are you today? Sounds like you are making brilliant progress and keeping busy.
Hope you enjoyed your regained freedom to drive.
What response did you get from your insurance company when you called them?
Chicken fajitas sounded yummy.
Have a great day,
Toothfairy x :happydance:
 
Hi my bonesmartie friends!! Just back from pt and boy!! An hour? Phew!!! :groan: Anyhow, pleased to report that Gort has 115 rom & 0 extension, so they have told me I will probably only need one more physio appointment & they will let me go! :happydance: :egypdance: :dancy: :yay: :spin: ! Met my fellow ward friend there, so that was nice, had a good catch up & we're both pleased with the results. Back now icing, elevating & treated myself & hubby to a burger king meal on the way home yum! :whistle: :snork: Will crack on with crocheting & take it easy for the rest of the day, but feel pretty chuffed!! How are you guys all doing? I haven't quite got round to calling ins co, but did have a little go in my car to see if I could!! :whistle: Will call them this pm - promise!!! :snork: Hope that the sun will finally make an appearance this weekend!!! Hugs :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
Hello, all sounds v good, those numbers are impressive for so soon out. Ins may say 6 weeks though, so end of April poss. See what they say.

It was good to catch up with your hosp buddy as well :heehee:.

Go Gort ! :egypdance: Fernie
 
CONGRATS! on those amazing numbers and your bright, positive attitude. I am so pleased for you. Have a wonderful weekend.
 
Fantastic progress Jetthugger, I am really impressed and very pleased for you.
Congratulations and a well deserved happy dance :happydance:
Toothfairy x :egypdance:
 
Woo Hoo Alison! :yay: You continue to amazing me by rockin' this new knee recovery! What wonderful news at PT - glad to hear your are going to be taking it easy for the rest of your day.

I hope you find that you're cleared to drive soon. We don't have any issues with a specific time-frame here, however driving requires being off all narcotic pain meds first.

How are you doing with your meds these days? How about the bike training? :heehee:

Glad to hear you so upbeat and cheery! Hope you have a wonderful remainder of your day.
 
Hi all, that PT wiped me out! :thud: Spend a good couple of hours fast asleep on the sofa!! :sleep: Doc has given me some sleeping pills so fingers crossed, I may get my sleeping patterns back in line too!! :rofsign: :mcoffee: :mcoffee: Will be popping out to Costco in the morning for a mog round the store, & want to visit hobby craft to stock up on wool for my afghan blanket (not sure what colours to do it in yet) so, all in all a busy day again! :happydance: :shrug: Is tramadol a narcotic? I was on cocodamol for years before surgery & was driving without incident? :what: I'm definitely getting cabin fever & am itching to be out & about! :headbang: I know, I know!!! Limitations & patience & mantra - but geez it's hard sometimes!! Hope you all have a pleasant restful night & a sunny bright morning!! :puppysmooze: :friends: :friends:
 
Good job to you!! Therapy wipes me out big time. I take ice packs in a cooler just so I can ice on the way home (a 20 minute drive). However, I never seem to be any worse for wear the next morning.

I believe Tramadol not an opiate, but acts like a narcotic (whatever that means). That is how my pharmacist/niece described it. I am on Tramadol and it does not seem to make me sleepy--I have been driving just fine.

Have a great weekend.
 
Alison, you're doing brilliantly. Well done on your PT achievements. Have a great day. Jenny :cheers:
 
Good morning, hope you had a better sleep with the sleeping tablets. :sleep: :zzz:
Enjoy your trip to Costco and hobbycraft. Any nice coffee shops on the way?
Lovely sparkly morning here, still freezy weezy though. Good weather for cozy jumpers.
Have a great day, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :happydance:
 
Oh Toothfairy, you wouldn't believe how good it feels to wake up after a decent nights sleep! :sleep: I woke still at 3am (seems to be the witching hour for me!) but.......drifted back to sleep almost straight away! :happydance: :dancy: Doc gave me zopliclone, which do the trick! There are no coffee shops between Costco, hobby craft & home,(hubby dislikes them anyway) but they are huge places & after mogging round both, :yikes: I think I will need my trusty sofa! Ice & rest!
Agree it's good weather for cozy jumpers, are you wearing yours? Bet it looks smashing on! You just can't beat the look of a good handknitted jumper!
Hope you have a good day, I will come visit your thread later today :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
Hooray for a good nights sleep. Hopefully after a short spell using the tablets your normal sleep pattern will re-establish itself.
Enjoy your trip out. Hope you find some lovely wool, it is really great choosing from all the pretty yarns, like being in a sweet shop but no calories. I am wearing my jumper and love it, really cosy.
Have a great day, nice day for walking the dogs.
TF x :kittykiss: :puppysmooze:
 
Hello, you are v brave attempting Costco and hobby craft so soon, really? Full respect to you :bow: I certainly could not have contemplated that trip at 4 wks! Hope it goes well and the wool is worth it :heehee:

Congrats on the sleep, way to go :flwrysmile:. Those sleep tabs didn't work for me, gave them to hubby !

You are doing v marvellously. What did doc say about driving? Fernie x
 
Hi Fernie, spoke to my ins co & they don't have a problem, as long as doc & DVLA are ok - so couple more hoops!!! Wool was well worth the trip, had a bit of a panic when I got there & wool was all on the first floor, up a very long & steep staircase!! :hairpulling: :yikes: happily,there was a lift at the back of the shop! :happydance: Popped in to see Bob the butcher (really!) on way home & show him my scar (he's a fellow TKR-er) & then rested, iced & elevated!!
Hi Toothfairy! Yes, got some lovely wool & now 3 for 2 sale so chuffed with 1/3 off my purchase!!! Lovely colours, marigold, primrose & palest peach to crochet into a beautiful spiral afghan blanket!!
Having dinner at friends house tomorrow, so will have a lazy day (for a change?!?!?!?!) :rotfl:
Here's wishing you all a lovely restful & sleep filed evening & a lovely sunny Sunday! :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
Good going, Gort!
 
Hi Jetthugger,
I had to google spiral afghan blanket. Looks lovely. Love your colours. It will have a gorgeous fresh spring time look.
Hope you had some good sleep again last night.
Enjoy your lazy day today. I am feeling good this morning, done all my exercises and been for a bike ride, indoors only but a girl can dream.
Hoping to go out for some fresh air and a walk later.
Have a great day and enjoy having dinner made for you.
Yum.
Toothfairy x :egypdance: :yay: :whistle:
 
Alison, wow a good night's sleep! :happydance: I can only imagine what that feels like! I hope you have many more of those in the future! I hope the sleeping pills help get that body/mind into a proper sleep cycle for your quickly.

Your next afghan project sounds beautiful! I hope you post pictures of it so we can see your handy work!

I believe that Tramodol is a true narcotic, but it acts as one. I was prescribed it last summer to deal with my OA pain, but found that it interrupted my sleep too much to tolerate. I was only able to sleep in 20 minute cycles. After 2 full days/nights of this I gave up. Now that my sleep is so messed up anyways now, I wonder if it would have the same effect? At this point, I can truly understand why sleep deprivation has been used as a form of torture. I am able to get some sleep, but it's not great and certainly not for long. Last night I started off sleeping every two hours, then I it was every hour, and finally by the early morning I was awake every 30 minutes. :mcoffee: I wish I could nap today, but my problem seems to be in finding a comfortable position while laying down.

Hope you have a wonderful day today. I had a very slow relaxing day yesterday after my over ambitious PT session so I hope to get out and enjoy some sunshine today for a little bit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom