Guest viewing is limited

TKR Good grief, it's Gort!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I would be terrified of the snow right now! Please do take it easy - a fall would be terrifying.

I'm so bruised and pale skinned, I actually look like a zebra with vertical stripes! I've taken pictures just this morning so be on the lookout for them for a good giggle.

Please do take care on Thursday and move slowly, can somebody put safety salt out on your drive to make you feel a bit more safe?

I too am taking advantage of feeling lazy for now, I'm sure I'll start to feel very restless soon, but my sleepless nights are making it easy to have lazy days. :mcoffee:
 
Hello Jetthugger, how are you doing today?
Congratulations on the pain free leg lifts, impressive. The knee lift extensions will come in time.
Your bend and extension sound fantastic for one week.
I think taking it gently sounds like a smart plan. I have spent a lot of time this past three weeks resting with my legs elevated and ice packs on and it seems to be paying off.
When I started walking without a stick/crutch my husband said I was tending to lean forward and suggested I use my crutch as I was more upright with it. After that I made sure I was standing straight. Only mentioning it in case it is useful, you may well be standing tall and straight anyway.
Hope you don't have to wait too long for your wool and hooks. A new project is just what you need.
Will your new avatar be shiny and golden? Maybe an Oscar? Would look a bit like a golden Gort.
Don't go too fast on your sledge,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :dancy:
 
Hubby came home from choir practice tonight (honest!! :angel: ) to tell me that one of his mates is bringing me his electronic step machine tomorrow to help with my recovery. He said that it may need adjusting as it's on a high resistance setting! Really? :shocked: He's a copper & fit, so poor Gort doesn't stand a chance yet!! :rotfl: Gotta admire the thoughtfulness of it though.. Downstairs will soon look lie a multi gymn!! :yikes: Eagerly & impatiently awaiting the arrival of my wool & hooks & needles! :tada: :whistle:
 
What are you doing up at this time young lady!!!!! A step machine a. Maybe a bit much at this stage of your recovery { and defnitley this stage of my life } Maybe the wool and hooks will be better exercise. For the hands at least. I have also ordered wool and patterns. Cant wait. x x NOW GET TO SLEEP
 
Good morning Jetthugger,
I hope you had a good night. Maybe today will be the day the wool and hooks arrive, fingers crossed.
Make sure the resistance is set as low as possible before venturing anywhere near that step machine.
I agree with Pat that it is too soon for that yet. Try a gentle stroll around the house or outside if the snow and ice have gone.
The exercises that I posted are the ones in the little book from the hospital that I was given and expected to start from day one plus a couple more the physio added.
Obviously in the first few days I did fewer reps but I have been doing them regularly three times a day and assumed they would be fairly standard.
Do you sing in the choir too or is it something that your husband does himself? I love choral singing, I was in lots of school choirs. I would like to join an adult choir but never have the time. One of these years.
Have a great day. When do you get your staples out?
Pat robynhood what have you decided to knit?
Hugs,
Toothfairy x :egypdance: :yay:
 
Toothfairy after doing the aran decided I would go for something a little smaller this time. I bought several patterns but am starting with a lovely jacket and hat for my neices new daughter Emily born in December then will knit for grandaughters Emily and Robyn too. Keep me occupied. There seems to be a shortage of good shops that sell patterns and wool now so loved the website. :)
 
Sounds good Pat. We have got a real knitting and crocheting bee going on. I like the layout of the website, very clear and attractive. Once I have finished my jumper I will knit for my Grandaughter and her new baby sister due soon. Hope it doesn't take too long to arrive,
Have a great day, don't overdo the exercises,
Toothfairy x :egypdance: :happydance:
 
Step machine!!!!!! :yikes: as we had TKR on same day by the way I am feeling I hope it will be a long time before you attempt that - knitting sounds much better!

Just wanted to say your thread has been really useful to me :) :)
 
Humph! Didn't get to sleep till 4.20am! :mcoffee: Wasn't in pain, achy hips is all but enough to keep me wide awake!!! Still, at least I can snooze the day away. :zzz: (between stretching) :whistle: Pat, your project sounds good!! I'm not yet up to knitting whole jumpers again, so sticking with small projects & crocheting first. TF, no I'm not part of the choir, :rotfl: would sound like a strangled cat & it's a men only choir anyhoo... :shocked: They do it mainly for fun and fundraising, so it has a couple of benefits! Gets 'em out from underfoot on Tuesdays & raises money for local good causes! :happydance: :egypdance: :dancy: :yay: I'm looking forward to getting my staples out tomorrow morning, may celebrate by trying not to fall off my exercise bike!! :heehee: :loll: :bicycle2: Hubby in Oxford today, so I'm left to my own devices..... Luckily, i can now walk unaided so can bring my tea tray in from the kitchen & make myself a nice egg Mayo sandwich for lunch. Sun is out, & all is well with the world! Been catching up on Spartacus, mmmmm.... All that brawn! :whistle: :heehee:
 
wow ladies, i turn my back for a day or 2 and i see we have a full force knitting club being formed ! Tell me, what website are you using please? its been years since I knitted, and no, I absolutely do not have the time, but maybe I cant resist a little lookie....:whistle: ....

Alison - LEAVE THE STEP MACHINE for now - Gort the Shiney, Golden, Great One, etc, etc, will be most unhappy with you if you upset him in these early days :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: . Me thinks gentle stretches are plenty. Are you on the bike yet?.

it will be great to get your stitches out as well - Gort will be pleased. :)

Do take care all - Fernie x
 
Boo for the bad sleep. :hissy:
Well done for being able to walk and carry, another significant step on the road to recovery.
Any sign of that wool yet? Enjoy the film.
I am sure it will feel good to get those staples out tomorrow, another step on the road. Woo hoo.
Fernie the website is loveknitting.com, it is a very attractive site.
Enjoy having a mooch.
Have a great day both,
Toothfairy x :egypdance: :friends:
 
Ladies - ordered wool and patterns Monday evening - just delivered this morning. V G service and good quality wool lovely patterns.
 
My wool & hook arrived this morning & I already have a request for an old fashioned tea cosy!!! :happydance: :egypdance: so it's a knitting /crocheting circle forming!?!?! Lol x x :umm: well, it will keep us off the streets & out of trouble!! :shocked: Fernie please don't worry!! Hubby's enthusiasm for my rehabilitation - Olympic style does not in any way measure up to the reality of me shuffling to the kitchen / loo /sofa :heehee: but at least it shows he cares in his own precious way!! :whistle: I'm attempting a clamber onto the bike once my staples are out. Also giving myself precisely 4 days grace after that, then I'm going to have a soak in a nice hot radox bath!! Should sleep well that night!!! :snork: :sleep: :zzz: :bicycle2:
 
Great news about the wool, get that crochet hook wiggling. A fine excuse to sit and rest and ice while you crochet.
Hope you will post a photo once you have a tea cosy to be proud of.
I am glad you are not planning Olympian heroics with Golden Gort just yet.
It is sweet that your lovely husband is trying to help.
Count down to that bath.
I haven't tried that, I will wait till I am sure my recalcitrant stitch bit has fully closed beforehand. I am still waiting hopefully for instructions from our leader Fernie for how to get in and out the bath!!!
Crochet hook at the ready, steady go, eek, just looked out the window and it is snowing, our turn now.
Hooray, love and hugs,
T F x :happydance: :dancy:
 
:what: Sorry toothfairy , bath instructions. You sit on side of bath with both feet inside, then put one hand firmly on each side and gently lower in, just reverse to get out. Try when it's dry and you are clothed first ! I have a grab handle and I put it nice and low when I bath then up again when I shower.

By the way, I couldn't bath til 6 week OS appt so check first Alison as Gort is so new, wouldn't want water getting in and him rusting :loll:. Infections can occur up to several weeks post op aparantly.

Pleased u hv knitting things. Fernie x
 
Hmmmm, I will certainly check that one out, thanks Fernie! :thumb: TF, just been brushing the rust off my brain & trying to remember how to decipher these crochet patterns!!! :what: :shrug: At first it's all Greek!!! :heehee: Slowly coming back to me, through years of fog & neglect!! :happydance: :wink:
 
Good day, Jetthugger. I am still trying to figure out whose thread is whose, and finally read yours from the beginning. Your comments have given me quite a few giggles and loads of smiles. Thanks!

I was relieved to hear that I was not the only one suffering from the first week blues. Absolutely everything turned me to a weeping puddle causing my husband looked like a deer in the headlights. I had to get my own chocolate as he suddenly had business to take care of. I find myself still having weepy moments. Is that normal?

Sounds like you are making wonderful progress--no doubt directly related to your positive attitude. The step machine can wait--perhaps use it to display your knitting project instead. Have a great day!
 
Hi Ready yes I do believe that the weepies are a normal part of the recovery process :boohoo: :cry: . I am sure that we not only need to heal the physical trauma, but im convinced that our minds need time to get around the emotional trial of it all. :groan: In as much as we have voluntarily gone from coping with whatever level of pain or impairment we have been used to for years, to suddenly being quite considerably more impaired for a while! Plus the pain, the inability to do 'normal everyday' things, the cabin fever, feelings of inadequacy (especially when faced with over inflated & over opinionated PT's !!) :headbang: different people deal in different ways, me? Self deprecating humour & a healthy dose of sarcasm (plus chocolate) :happydance: :heehee: :rotfl: I have studied the step machine carefully and think that in a few weeks it will be a good thing (if I don't fall off the wretched thing!!) :yikes: The ROM needed for it is less than the exercise bike, so we shall see...... Take good care of yourself Ready! In the wise words of Toothfairy, a good cry sometimes makes you feel so much better!! :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
Well, staples are out, wound looking good. Only pin pricks of bleeding, so nothing really. Hubby bought me a fresh cream meringue for being a brave soldier! :heehee: Came home, iced, rested, did three rows of my crocheted tea cosy, then couldn't resist climbing on the bike!! As my rom is good I managed a few backwards rotations (and one forward, but had to shuffle my hips about some!!)! :groan: Got off & back icing, resting & elevating. Just need to arrange an appointment with the physio & I will be done for the day, ready for a cuppa and my lovely meringue!!! Mmmmmm..... :happydance: :egypdance: :dancy: hope all of my bonesmarty friends are good today! The sun is shining! I've been outside! :spin: :yay: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: Life is good!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom