TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

Tonight still awake and paying my first dues to the ODIC. Really uncomfortable.
Boy, you sure did join the club early---but that is OK---everybody gets into the club at one time or another---my learning curve was a long one, so I kept rejoining the club!

It is better to move a little too slowly than too quickly---better to use a cane a bit longer than necessary than to lose it too quickly.
 
I use my no-longer-needed walker to lean on while styling hair and doing make up. I used to do my hair while seated (fully clothed) on my raised padded toilet seat. Too nearsighted to do my makeup that way though. Funny how we make do.



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@KarriB drilled it into my head... Now listen to her.... Never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lay down! Take a stool into the bathroom! I did for WEEKS! It makes a BIG difference! You don't realize how weak your body is!! You've just had MAJOR surgery!!!
 
You asked me where in Florida I live. I am just 7 miles northeast of Orlando. So away from the tourist sector, but close enough to join the fun once in a while. I am 35 miles as the crow flies from Cape Canaveral, and the rockets seem to launch right at the end of my little cul de sac. Am one hour from the Atlantic and two from the Gulf of Mexico. I plan on retiring up in the panhandle where my family lives, but Orlando has been a great place for my children. Jacksonville is such a neat town. A lot going on there. I envy you your nearness to the beach.
 
@newlybionic I am doing pretty good. Going to get staples out tomorrow and have an in home PT session in the afternoon so I expect I will be pretty tired after all of that.
Tuesday got outside and walked with PT, went about 1/2 block and tackled the 4 steps into my house.
Extension is zero and flexion is 99. Still taking the heavy duty pain meds at night and sleeping straight through.
I am still being spoiled by my hubby and daughter is coming over Friday to clean the house. So far so good!! Thanks for checking on me! :wave:
 
Ugh!!! It happened:-( PT overworked me. It didn't feel like it while I was being stretched and exercised but laid down with ice packs and when I got up my knee was swollen to the point it was difficult to walk. No PT again until Tuesday but am ready to cancel it because I am so swollen. Will stay off feet Friday and most of the weekend.
Wasn't pushed to the point of pain or exhaustion but guess I will tell therapist it was too much.
 
Oh, yes! That knee WILL be the boss! My home PT wouldn't work me for 4 days after the staples came out. Glad you realize what you need to do over the weekend... Rest, Ice, Elevate, Medicate..... Repeat! Enjoy that pampering! :chillpill:
 
I'm sorry to hear about the PT experience you just had. You are much smarter than I was. I kept pushing at it and everything got worse. I found this forum too late. So lots of rest, ice and meds as you need them. I hope you get a good nights sleep.
 
@Glamg1979 , I am sorry about the PT. Today was my first session, so it is good to read what you have expereineced. Since I didn't make a terrible "face" she said she didn't think I was working hard enough and didn't get enough stretch. I don't understand this??? When is our voice not enough? How was it getting the staples out? How does your incision look? I hope you have a restful night.
 
@Glamg1979, you are doing well. Sorry about that PT experience, been there done that. Thankfully the home PT I have now is just wonderful.

My PT uses a term, rebound. I exercise and stretch with help with pout pushing it yet I end up so stiff that I loose whatever progress I made.

Enjoy your sunny Florida weather, that alone should make you feel uplifted!
 
Definitely taking it easy today. Swelling has decreased but leg/knee very sore and still a little tight.
@Timetolive having the staples out wasn't too bad, just a few stung because a scab had formed over them.
Really amazed how that PT session really did me in and I wasn't even hurting!!
 
@Glamg1979 Even the little things just seemed to wear me out! I'm finally getting some strength back. But sleep is still a problem for me. Keep resting that knee and let the therapist know how you felt afterwards.
 
I hope you were able to get rested and back to your "level" of comfort. I now know what you mean about being wiped out! I was so exhausted after today's PT session, I needed a nap!
 
Since I didn't make a terrible "face" she said she didn't think I was working hard enough and didn't get enough stretch. I don't understand this??? When is our voice not enough?
Of course your voice should be enough! No means no, even if you don't pull a face, or scream.
 
but am ready to cancel it because I am so swollen
Sounds like an excellent idea, not listening to you, and causing you unnecessary pain, are enough reason to call and cancel. Also ask for another gentler PT.
 
@Glamg1979 How are you feeling today? Hopefully your pain and swelling post PT are back under control. It's just so easy to overdo anything with the new knee even without knowing it.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom