Guest viewing is limited

TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

Hi Glamg. Glad to hear your second knee is doing so well! And that you have more grand babies to love!

I need to get back to Florida. As soon as we entered Virginia, I got a terrible sinus infection and I'm on my third antibiotic. Unfortunately since it's the third one, this one doesn't allow me to do any exercises, not even dancing, until several days after I've finished it. They say it causes tears in tendons which I definitely don't want after suffering thru all that pt.

I just scheduled my hip replacement surgery for late September which I'm happy to hear is a lot easier than a knee or two. So I guess I'll be joining the hip side of BoneSmart. Take care and keep up the fantastic healing you've been doing.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Robin!! Oh my goodness I didn't know you were facing a hip replacement too!! No wonder you had your two knees done at the same time.
Ugh, sinus infections are horrible. Hope this round of antibiotics will do the trick.
Don't know if you would enjoy Florida right now, it is sooooo hot and humid. We dream of a vacation house in northern Maine for the summers, but just a dream for sure!
I am doing pretty good. The first knee I had done last October still swells like the dickens but the 9 week old knee is just about perfect.
Will the same OS that did your knees also do your hip? My surgeon only does knees and shoulder replacements. Hope I never need him for my shoulders or anymore knees! :heehee:

Wish you only the best with the hip replacement and I pray it is a piece of cake compared to the knees. Keep me posted and let me know how you are doing.
Gerri
 
Hi Gerri! I was on the board and thought I would stop in and see how you are doing. How is the family? Grands doing well? All settled in the new house (not new by now!) Daughter doing well? I am sorry your October knee is still swelling. Mine does too. Not a good thing in the summer heat of NC!
 
Hi @Timetolive, I am officially 9 months out from the first knee (R)and 4 months out with the second (L).
Both knees are doing pretty good but right one keeps swelling and it is quite annoying. Most days I wear a compression sleeve on the Right knee and that helps a lot. I recently read it can take up to 2 years for knee to stop swelling :tantrum2:.
We are all settled in and have adjusted to the routine of having children in the house again.
Went to the mall Thursday with 2 of our other grandkids and it was so amazing to outpace everyone!! Just a little stiff that evening but gone by the a.m. These knee prosthetics are really amazing and I still marvel at doing things that were impossible for the past few years.
Where you affected by the storms that caused so much damage on Saturday? I hope you are doing well.
Heat here has been in the triple digits so I wonder if that has caused some of the swelling.
Good to hear from you :loveshwr:.
 
I recently read it can take up to 2 years for knee to stop swelling

Two women that I recently talked to at one of my agility trials both said that it took more than two years before they felt they were completely recovered from there TKR's.
 
Gerri and John, (@smarttoys) that is both encouraging and discouraging that it can take two years! WOW. I do think the heat has some impact on the swelling, as I tend to retain fluid when it gets really hot. If we know what to expect, then it helps put your mind at ease. The swelling causes discomfort and stiffness. It would be nice if a TKR took the 6 weeks some think it takes to recover! :heehee::heehee: All in all, it is amazing the medical marvels these knees are.
 
Gerri, I am so glad you are doing well. Do you still have any swelling? That is really my only problem now. Ralph swells, gets stiff, and then ROM is limited.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom