TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

It isn't long now until you are a new woman! Just think, after this recovery, you will be pain free in your knees. I am praying for you to have a successful surgery and peaceful recovery. I know your daughter will be a great help. Is your husband ready? How long do you think you will be in the hospital? thinking of you!

I'm doing OK and ready to go. Hospital called again and now I am to report at 9 am. I voiced my disappointment but what can one do?
All packed, hibiclens shower and fresh sheets on the bed.
Don't think I will get much sleep tonight but I will have a good nap at the hospital!
Thanks for the support

They just can't make up their mind can they? ha! Things happen like they should. God is in charge. Hugs and prayers dear friend.

I'll be watching for your post op post. Everything will go just great this time around!

Best of luck today @Glamg1979!! Just think in a few short hours it will all be over and recovery can begin.

Hope everything goes well today!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Saying a prayer for you now. I slept in on this ast day of spring break! We'll all be waiting to hear from you.

Hoping everything went well this morning. Looking forward to hearing good news from you.

First of all would someone merge my post op threads? I tried but don't have "thread tools" available. Please use this new title. Thanks.

Got back in my room at 6 pm and was starving!! Ordered dinner and ate every last bite.
So far so good, pain about a level 1-2 and got my catheter!! I really need one, my last baby weighed 10.7....ladies I probably do not need to elaborate... right ? :snork:.
Only problem was waiting an extended time in holding and then stayed in recovery a long time because my room wasn't ready. Housekeeping takes a full hour to clean and disinfect a patient room. Impressive and theyhave a very low infection rate. So totally fine by me!!

So far, so good and am trying to keep a positive attitude. Expecting this knee to mirror the first :fingersx:

Was very calm while waiting but had a teeny, tiny amount of anxiety when nurse started hooking me up to everything. Spinal was excellent, no post op headache, no nausea.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, they helped :roseshwr:.

Welcome to recovery for the second time!

I'm glad you surgery is over and also glad that all seems to have gone well. :happydance:

I've asked for your threads to be merged.

I know you already have it, but I'm going to post the recovery reading list again, so it's handy for this recovery:
First are the BoneSmart mantras ....
-rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist (PT) - to do it to you. Exercise only gently
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!
- be active as much as you need to be but not more than is necessary, meaning so much that you end up being in pain, exhausted or desperate to sit down or lie down!

Next is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) thread.

And here are some very crucial articles
The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart
Myth busting: no pain, no gain
Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?
Activity progression for TKRs

Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of TKR recovery
Energy drain for TKRs
Elevation is the key
Ice to control pain and swelling

Home physio (PT) and activity progress: suggestions
Myth busting: the "window of opportunity" in TKR
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

And then some wise words from members who have shared their experiences ...
Where are you in recovery?? (TKR)
Five “P’s” of knee recovery
TKR: work “smarter” and not “harder”
Recovering a knee - from one who knows!
It's never too late to get more ROM!
It's worth the wait for ROM

So glad to hear your surgery is behind you and you're on the road to recovery. Isn't it great not to have any nausea from anesthesia? I was so glad for my epidurals with my TKR's. I had always had generals and was always nauseous afterwards. Seemed like a piece of cake with the epidural. Like you, I had quite an appetite after surgery. take it easy and be sure to stay on top of your pain meds.....not that you don't already know that! Update us when you can!

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Happy to hear all went well! I couldn't eat after either of my knee surgeries. The first was a general and even though the second was a spinal I think the infection was still impacting me because even when my sister brought Thanksgiving dinner the day after surgery I couldn't eat. But you go girlfriend!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay for new knees!! I have been holding you close in prayer all day. I am so glad you are feeling well.

Happy to hear all went well!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Yay!! :happydance:Another brand new knee on board! I'm happy to hear you are doing well after he surgery. I hope you can enjoy some sleep tonight. O, and enjoy that catheter while you can.:heehee:

Thanks everyone. My pain is about an annoying 1, but the pain med amps me up :shocked:. Alert, can't sleep and pulse is elevated. I'll put up with it though in exchange for no pain :thumb:

You're welcome! But I only asked the moderators and Tim, @referee54 , did it for you. I can do some editing, but merging threads isn't one of the edits I can do.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom