Guest viewing is limited

TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

Good morning! I am glad you have the pre-op testing behind you. You are in my prayers for a great surgery and peaceful recovery. Even if the second knee is different, you know there will be an end in sight and you will make it! I will be glad when you have your surgery date in your signature so I can remember it! Ha! Have a great day!
 
How are you tonight? I am so very nervous that I can't even eat anything. I guess I'll lose a few pounds before Monday!:snork:
 
I am mostly OK, but get waves of wondering if I am doing the right thing.
We're you this nervous the 1st time?
Like you said we are going to have an excellent recovery! Just remember you are doing this to be strong for you, your daughter and those future grandbabies.
I have been thinking about you and hope you soon find yourself in a calm and confident place. You have a good surgeon and will be in a speciality hospital that only does orthopedics.
Now this time next week I may be an absolute wreck but hope I find calm like I did the last time.
(((Hugs))) and prayers.
 
I really didn't feel very nervous the first time. I guess ignorance is bliss. i assumed recovery would be like my scopes were. Big mistake.:shrug:
 
Hi, just wanted to let both of you know that I too was nervous before my 2nd tkr. But in reality it was much easier the second time around. You know what to expect, and you remember how to move around and help yourself, so that helps alot too. We are all hoping for easy, fast recoveries for both of you & we'll be here later when your surgeries are done. Meanwhile I guess try to stay busy, so you don't drive yourself crazy like I did. I know, it's ea easy to say !!!
 
I too was nervous before my second tka in part I think because of some issues I had with my first tka and just knowing how long it took to recover (a full year for me). But in all honesty my 2nd tka went so much better than the first. I didn't worry over every ache and pain etc it was just an overall better experience. Definitely no regrets!
 
9:30 Monday to report is not too bad, not the crack of dawn but not so late that you don't get into your room until late evening.
I know you are worried sick because you had such a miserable time with the 1st knee and an inferior OS but as the PA told me, every knee surgery is different. You will probably have less pain or swelling than before and literally sail right through it. It just has to be better for you this time!!!
I am glad you are having dinner with your family the night before that will help immensely and I'll wager you will be very busy Saturday taking care of last minute errands and chores.
Next week my days are filling up with family and friends keeping me busy so I hope that will help.
I report to hospital 11:00 am the Tuesday after Easter, so means I will probably be late getting to my room. By then you will be home and doing just fine! I will set my alarm for 9:30 Monday and say a prayer just for you my friend. Have you been thinking of a new cutesy name to retitle your thread? I haven't come up with anything yet :snork:

Thank you all for the good wishes :loveshwr:
 
You my friend, are going to have a successful surgery too! it won't be long now. Are you getting things ready? How are your daughter and grands doing? All settled in the new house and ready?
 
I'm having a hard time re-naming my thread. I actually started a second one but I think I'll just stick with this one. I was considering three months out and still struggling now back at square one. Or three months and out the sequel.
 
I think that was the same time I reported the first time but I had to wait until 2pm before they finally took me into the operating room. My daughter told me I was in surgery for at least two hours. That seemed like that was much more than what I have read as average. I did get up to my room that day and walked a few steps to the door and back.
 
How are you doing? You only have a few days left. I'm sure you will do ok. You have had the same OS and hospital, PT and your family gathered around you. Try to focus how well you did last time.
 
I am really nervous!! Actually have butterflies in my tummy, somewhat queasy. :sos:Suppose this is how you felt Marion.
Ignorance is bliss. Still praying I get that calm like I did the first time.

Glad you are home and doing well Marion. I know you are glad to have this behind you.

Can't believe I am doing this again!
 
Wow! I thought you were the day after me! I worried that I might have missed my surgery! :heehee:
You sound as if everything went well and you are handling it like a pro! Good for you! I appreciate your notes on the spinal too - so glad that went well. Take good care of yourself and keep us informed on how you are doing! I'll be on the "other side" at some point on Monday. :beg:
 
Those butterflies must have escaped from my tummy and went south for the cold weather of this strange spring.:snork: I never thought I would feel the calm again. It wasn't until my OS saw me before surgery that because of his positive attitude and great bedside manner that it finally came across me or was it a medicine they gave me to relax me!:rotfl: He also came to see me every day while I was in the hospital and his PA came by too but at separate times. I know you'll be fine. Then you will have two good knees.
 
I am the day after you @justtznu!! You didn't miss your surgery date :loll:I am scheduled Tuesday the29th, so you go first!
 
My surgery time has been moved up. I now have to report at 7 a.m. Fine by me. Means I am the 2nd case and OS will be nice and fresh. Also will get to room quicker and have PT that afternoon.

I think my R knee is nervous too! I am lying here with it elevated because for some odd reason it decided to swell. When my husband stacked the pillows for me I remembered how much I hated icing and elevating. I did it though, gave me much relief!
 
How are you doing today? This time tomorrow you will have two nice new knees! I'm glad your time got move up. I was last case both times! I'm sure you have everything ready and you know so much more this time. Just try and relax tonight as much as possible.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom