Glamg1979
graduate
Finally got home today around 4 pm. So nice to be back in my own bed. IV infiltrated today so nurse did not give me my last dose of steroids and not able to get any Dilaudid for pain.
Got pain somewhat under control but still much more uncomfortable than the 1st time.
Taking 10 mg. Oxycontin every 12 hours and 5-10 mgs. of Oxycodone every 3 hours and 10mg Flexeril every 6 hours. PA told me to call if pain spikes again. Think I will call in the morning, don't believe I will get much sleep tonight. Pain level is about a 4-5. Leg is totally worthless, can't move it on my own, feels as if the muscles in knee and thigh have been slashed. Still amazed at how different this has been from the first knee. Having most of pain in quads, probably right where the tourniquet was.
Marion I am so glad the Zofran is helping the nausea and you are able to take your pain medication. Huge difference from your first surgery.
visited, glad I refused the Miralax because the Senoket did the trick!
Changed my mind, I am calling PA now.
Got pain somewhat under control but still much more uncomfortable than the 1st time.
Taking 10 mg. Oxycontin every 12 hours and 5-10 mgs. of Oxycodone every 3 hours and 10mg Flexeril every 6 hours. PA told me to call if pain spikes again. Think I will call in the morning, don't believe I will get much sleep tonight. Pain level is about a 4-5. Leg is totally worthless, can't move it on my own, feels as if the muscles in knee and thigh have been slashed. Still amazed at how different this has been from the first knee. Having most of pain in quads, probably right where the tourniquet was.
Marion I am so glad the Zofran is helping the nausea and you are able to take your pain medication. Huge difference from your first surgery.
visited, glad I refused the Miralax because the Senoket did the trick! Changed my mind, I am calling PA now.
United States
Same surgery, same surgeon, same hospital but it has been like night and day!

Yep, I had mine done on Monday. I tell you - those drugs are great! I asked for a large doggie bag, but...no. So stingy with them! lol Actually, I have a very definite reaction to the drugs called sleep. They could barely wake me up and when they did, I could only stay awake for about an hour. How frustrating! Home yesterday - I hit the Lazy Boy lounger and there I have stayed except for my routine visits to the toilet and exercises. Nobody said, if I recall, that this was going to be easy. Its definitely not. So I'm starting my new routines today. I hope I can stay on top of this. I can tell that it can go wrong fairly quickly if you don't keep moving, icing and elevating! I'm sorry I can't say anything nice at this moment about the surgery, so I won't say anything at all. It is definitely painful and kind of took me by surprise. My hip was not as painful - and it was just easier. I'll keep reading at this forum for advice and support. I had great encouragement and support at the hospital - what great nurses and support staff they have. Hope you all are well and getting better each day. Take care and I'll check in again soon!

