Guest viewing is limited

TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

@Glamg1979 congrats on the new knee!! Glad all went well and you're feeling pretty good. Have a restful night, hoping the sleep fairy finds you :)
 
Congratulations on the new knee. So glad you are comfortable. Hopefully some naps at least are on the agenda next.
:sleep:
 
@Glamg1979, Glad you came through everything so well. Hope you have a good day, lots of rest & not too much pain. Hope you get use to the pain meds and can relax.
 
Good morning! I hope you finally got some rest last night and awoke with minimal pain. What's in store today? PT? I know you will hate to see the catheter go, although getting up and going to the bathroom is just another chance to take a walk! Oh, I remember it well. That was my PT! :heehee: Any news of going home? I bet the grands will be happy to see you. Prayers for a peaceful day.
 
Thank you Tim @referee54 for merging my threads.

Slept about 3 hours last night after nurse helped me lie on my side with a pillow between legs but woke up with a pain level of 5 or 6. Got some IV Dialudid, made be feel weird, so had her stop after only half a dose but it worked.
Had first PT around 10 am and then will have 2nd session around 2pm. If I do well at 2nd session I get to go home this afternoon!! Only a 24 hr. stay. Fine by me.
This knee surgery feels different, actual knee and then incision is numb. Doesn't hurt at all to touch or press on it, BUT my quads and calf muscles are causing the pain. Knee is hardly swollen and flexion for PT was 105 :wow:

Now sitting up in chair and waiting for an escort to the bathroom. Will be first time since catheter pulled at 6 am.
Momentous first pee :heehee:

Back from bathroom......success!!
Refused Miralax, have some at home in case Senokot and Colace don't work.
Miralax does the job but it definitely is not gentle!

Fingers :fingersx: my next post will be from home.
 
Yay for the first pee! It sounds like you are doing great. I went home after 24 hours and did fine with the support I had at home. I know you have your Darling and your daughter to help you out. If you pain is well controlled and you can walk good enough, home is the most comfortable. You are an old (well not old!) pro in the recovery. Take care!
 
I'm glad you got that very long sleep (3 hours). It will be great that you might be able to go home today. That first trip to the bathroom is the first real test of your knee. What pain meds will you have when you are at home? I'm sure you have an army at home ready to help you with everything.
 
Oh well, got to stay another night in the hospital. After 2nd PT session pain was off the chart. To get pain in check I had to get IV Dilaudid, a muscle relaxer and take 10 mg oxicodone. Did not experience this with first knee back in October. All decided it was best for me to stay in the hospital one more night.....just in case.
Knee joint itself is pain free but surrounding muscles are extremely tender, painful and spasming.... Ugh!
 
Oh @Glamg1979 poor you!! That is the exact pain I have with this knee! Pain so bad in my thigh and calf with muscle spasms and knots! Hopefully they'll get your pain under control tonight! Can honestly say I know exactly how you feel...hang in there
 
It's better to get the pain under control now and go home tomorrow. Hope it's a good night for you.
 
I am sorry you are having such pain. It is better as Karri said, to stay until you get the pain under control. Wishing you a peaceful night and controlled pain.
 
After 2nd PT session pain was off the chart
Speak up and say STOP if the PT is painful, either during or after the session. It it hurts, it is too much for your knee. You don't have to allow yourself to be hurt. You are in charge of your knee.

I hope things go better from now on. :flwrysmile:
 
You'll be better off going home once you have your pain under control. My OS doubled my oral pain meds for me. Just before you are having pain today that doesn't mean you won't get it under control. My prayers are with you.
 
Holy smokes am I glad I didn't go home!! Have had to get another two doses of IV Dilaudid this evening for breakthrough pain. Really is true that no two knee surgeries are the same. If I hadn't of sailed through the first one I would be thinking I was a big ol' baby. The pain couldn't be anymore different from the first one.
@newlybionic I am going to ask surgeon in the am to strengthen the dose of my oral meds and maybe order a stronger muscle relaxer. At rest my leg feels like my muscles are flexed. Before this surgery I had to put a pillow under this leg at night and always was massaging it to relax the muscles.
Glad the OS never heard a peep out of me with R knee and didn't ever need anything for breakthrough pain, so hoping that he will know I am serious about increasing my meds.
Thank you all for your understanding and support, it means so much!
 
Oh my goodness, I am sorry you are having so much pain. You will get through this with the right pain med dosage. You are in my prayers for a resolution to this pain.
 
Sorry to hear you're in so much pain. Hope they get it under control soon. I had those awful spasms with both my TKR's, they are the worst! Made me feel like running away from my own body, ha- as if I could !!! Hope they're giving you lots of icing too. Sometimes I felt like freezing the area gave me some relief. The first few days are tough, you'll get through them and feel better soon. Hoping your pain level decreases and you get to go home soon.
 
I'm taking Robaxin 50mg every 6 hours for muscle spasms. I'm on Oxycodone 5mg 1or 2 tabs every 4 to 6 hours ( I'm still at 2 at a time about every 4 to 5 hours), tramadol 50 mg 1 or 2 tabs every 6 hours and can take Tylenol which I haven't added as of yet. This combo along with Zofran for nausea has been helping me a lot. I didn't wait for the OS to come in the next day for problems with pain. The house doctor came up and saw me and changed them on he spot. You might want to ask now as no one should be in pain. Feel better!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom