TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

@Celle, .thanks for the advice on getting out of the tub. Will try it on the floor first, who cares how it looks ! @,Glamg 1979, hope you start feeling better soon. I can understand you feeling angry sometimes, I think we all go through that at times. You certainly have been given a lot to deal with. On the good side, cuddling with a 2 and 4 year old sounds heavenly. My grandson is 21, miss the cuddling days, that is the best feeling for a grandma.
 
I hope this flareup passes soon for you. In the meantime take care of yourself and rest when you need to.
 
@Glamg1979 I hope you're feeling a little better. I scheduled my revision for March 21. :yikes: We will be hopefully recovered by summer.
 
Hi! I was just stopping by to see how you are getting along. I hope that you are starting to feel better. How is your daughter doing? :sneaker:
 
Hi all, thanks for checking in with me. I am starting to pull out of my flare and feeling some better.
@newlybionic we will be 8 days apart for our surgeries! I so hope this will be the answer for you. I think you now have the right surgeon and I like that he got you on his schedule quickly. I can relate to your reluctance to do it any earlier. When my OS's scheduler called me for my first knee she offered me a date that following week. I said 'oh no' I needed more time to prep myself psychologically.
My daughter is doing well and said she is sleeping better now because she feels safe. She has been a huge help to me also.
With the flare she has been doing the cooking, shopping, cleaning etc.
The fog and fatigue are lifting and my legs are adjusting to the hard floors. Got a pair of memory foam Skechers and love them, anti fatigue mats have been ordered.
So relieved I am starting to feel better because I am now at the point that I am really ready for my new L knee!
 
It is great to read good news for you and your daughter! I LOVE Skechers. How are the grands doing? Have you been in the hot tub? What is the date for your second knee?
 
Should we start the countdown? When do you do pre op testing? I had mine today. It'smaking it very real.
 
How are things going. I'm starting to get ready for round two. I hope all is well with you.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Happy things are getting better. I love the sketcher's memory foam. I have an outlet store just down the street and just bought a new pair. They are padded enough where I don't need to put my orthotics in them. Has your daughter started the nursing program yet? Are the grandkids keeping you on your toes?? (Couldn't resist). I am still so excited about my son and daughter-in-law. They are in with us while they house hunt and my husband is all about spoiling her! Her cravings are for Mexican food and he is very happy to cook it up for her:)
 
Hi all, Yes it is getting real very quickly. Pre-op tests to be done on the 16th.
Went to my GP for my three month check in and told him how bad both legs were aching and he started me on Gabapentin and it seems to be working!! My new anti fatigue mats are wonderful and wish the entire kitchen floor was all anti fatigue matting. My daughter has been a huge help and the grandkids have adjusted well. I have only had to cook dinner once since she has been here and no more mopping floors!! I feel so spoiled and know I will get good care after this surgery. Just praying the 2nd surgery goes as well as the first. So scary having two major surgeries within a few months spacing but know some of us had it done within weeks!
Hubby's birthday was Friday and I was thrilled that I could make his cake!! Chocolate cake with a toasted marshmallow filling and a Belgian chocolate icing. My sweet grand daughter helped with every part of the prep, she was so precious.
At least new house is one level and no stairs!
 
That sounds like you had a wonderful time! Toasted marshmallow filling...yummmmmm:)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I pray that you have peace with your upcoming surgery. My fellow baker, I know how good it felt to bake the cake for your husband. It sounds delicious!
 
Got a question. Those of us that had to have both knees done but not at the same time, have you noticed this scenario?
Now almost 5 months since RTK and recovery has been good. Left knee seemed to deteriorate and become more painful at a surprising rate. I attributed that to maybe the Left knee had to be the work horse while Right was healing. Now that Left knee is so bad I find Right knee and leg getting sore and aches more than in recovery. Now thinking maybe the Right is hurting because it is doing most of the work for poor, pitiful Left knee.
Anyone else experience this? Really hoping all of this resolves after 2nd surgery.
 
Yes, same thing happened to me. That's whyvbi decided to have 2nd knee one. Couldn't drive cause the 2nd knee jhurt so bad before surgery. It went downhill fast after my first knee was done.Seems like it goes on & on, doesn't it. New knee is now 3 months old. Coming down off Tramadol has caused me to have some withdrawal symptoms!! I really didn't expect this problem. Hope tomorrow is a good day for us both.
 
We are on that final countdown! My old knee has been getting very sore too. It's been doing double duty for 8 months now. The new one ( that's being revised) is getting worse too. My OS said my old one doesn't need a replacement now but I'm afraid with all the extra work I might be getting a third knee before I know it. Sometimes I have a hard time figuring out which one is hurting!:shrug:
 
How did pre op testing go? I went to the joint replacement class at the new hospital. I found out one new thing tonight... They now make walkers in a bunch of different colors! Might trade mine in.:heehee:
 
Pre-op testing completed. Everything is good to go. Made it real, especially when you have to sign a consent form that states all the things that can "possibly" go wrong :flabber:. Really didn't want to hear the PA telling me that every total knee is different and even though I sailed through my last surgety this one could be more difficult and even more painful.....oh gee thanks :bolt:
So tonight I am quite nervous but with all the walking I did today it re-enforced that I do need this done. I'm hoping as the day approaches I will calm down and have a sense of peace like I did before.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom