Guest viewing is limited

THR Glad to be in this side<

@GrannyC hello my hipster friend! So good to hear from you.
I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing significant discomfort. From what I’m reading it looks like you’re over doing certain activities. So easily done! I’ve realised how different each individual recovery is. I hope things settle for you.

I’ve my yearly check tomorrow (one week ahead of that date!) Can’t believe it’s a year! @Mojo333 for you too. We did it, we survived! I have to say that I feel pretty lucky that I barely get any trouble or pain with my hip. I really do forget I’ve had the op. I think the only thing that bothers me is that my hip kind of clunks a bit when I put my leg in certain positions. For example if I’m led on my back with knees up and drop my knee to the side it makes a strange noise and clunking sensation that only I can hear/feel. I’m hoping that’s all normal but I will ask the consultant tomorrow.

Look forward to hearing more updates.
 
Hi GrannyC. I hope your new pain is not distressing you too much.
I have had some aches that I thought were gone for good give me pause...why now? Is this a harbinger of a potential problem?
And so forth...more uncertainty creeps in when see the possibility of problems months or years post-op and with members posting about problems cropping up:scare:
I can probably attribute more of mine to my activity which is honestly excessive at times.
I try not to be worry wart, although admit I'm glad my one year check up will hopefully include reassuring xrays!
Wishing you a good sunny weekend:SUNsmile:
 
Hi @GrannyC
Hope you are hopeful this is just hangers-on recovery lint!
I hope you are having a gorgeous day...as we are down South.
Spring is springing, flowers glowing, sun is shining...work is done.
Hope your day is sweet.
Will report back on fish caught..smiles smiled, and life lived.
 
Thanks @Mojo333 for all the well wishes. I agree that it isn’t much of anything really - probably I just pulled a muscle a little - but I will ask at my one yr appt on Tues (your anniversary) to see what the PA says. I remember those early days when you struggled but you were a trooper and hung in there to heal with flying colors! You sure did great!!

You’re really rubbing it in about the weather and to tell you the truth, I don’t blame you one bit! I’d be boasting if our weather was like that, too. It is 38 here this morning with light rain and a high of 42 forecast. Yuck!! On the positive side, weatherman says 70 Wed but rainy. I guess the sun is in a long vacation!! I hope you got lots of fish. :realing: :flwrysmile:
 
I go to OS Tuesday on my hipversary too!
Yes, got a few fish...will be cooking them tonight...deep fried in peanut oil with corn dodgers...super unhealthy probably! But yummy!
I still have minor things from time to time...including some kind of low back thing that only bothers me when laying down or reclining:shrug:
As my 3 yr old great-niece says...I just can't know why?

Maybe we'll get some insight and assurance.
Long as no problem with hips, I can work on the rest.
 
:hi:
Happy One Year Anniversary! A flower for you :flwrysmile:
Sorry I'm two days late.

We need to do some whooping and hollering over here for your anniversary. :yay::happydance: :yes!:
You'll have to give us an update after your one year appt on Tuesday.
Will look forward to both your and Mojo's posts.
Hope you're doing well and enjoying the weekend.
Sending love and hugs your way @GrannyC :loveshwr: :friends:
 
Hi :wave: @GrannyC
Thinking of you today since I know your one year appt is tomorrow.
I'm sure all is well but is always comforting to get that confirmation.
One year old hip! Not in its infancy anymore. It's a toddler now :rotfl:
Give us an update afterward, if you care to share.
Hope your night is peaceful!
 
:egypdance::friends::egypdance:
Hope all goes well today, and you get some reassurance for worry over new aches.
Will be thinking of you!:SUNsmile:
 
Thank you all for all the well wishes. @Minnie15 , @Mojo333, @Layla, @MyAussieGirl .

I went for my one year check with PA today and all is well. The hip x-ray looked great she said. No more checkups needed!! Yeah!!! She also said that the pain I'm feeling is most likely because I pulled/irritated the psosas muscle so I should do some stretches to help it. She said it can take 6-8 weeks to improve.

While I was there, I also asked if they do do x-rays of my knees. I've mentioned on here before that my knees feel weak when I do stairs so I feel like the reason I'm not bouncing up and down stairs is because of my knees. I really wanted to confirm that this was not all just my imagination. She consented to the knee xrays and confirmed that I have arthritis in both my knees but the right (operated leg) is the worst. In the right knee it is bone on bone on the outsides. Thankfully I really don't have any pain in my knees, just an occasional minor ache and then the weak feeling at times on the stairs. However, after reading lots on this forum, I know that this can all change overnight. For now though, all is well and I'm hoping it stays that way for quite some time.

Minnie, I'm assuming by now you have had your one year check as well. From the sound of your last couple of posts, I'm sure you came through with flying colors!

Mojo, I hope you visit today went well, too. I'm sure it did as you sound amazing. I still can't imagine doing both at the same time. You are one tough lady!!

MAG, I hope you get to the bottom of what is bothering you. You need to get things all cleared up before swim season begins.
 
Great news!
It's wonderful to hear all looks good with your x-ray and no return visits necessary unless there is an issue.
I'm happy to hear your psoas issue should resolve over the next 6-8 weeks. That's encouraging.
I'm sorry about the OA in your knees. Hopefully they hold out for a good long time.
Thanks for updating us.
Wishing you a great rest of the week!
@GrannyC
 
I swear @GrannyC if it's not one jpint it's another ... I am glad...mega glad your check up over all was good. I will pray on those knees. I think when we really feel something is off it is...for me they say LLD ....Hugs
 
Great to know things are sound, isn't it.:)
I also got excellent report.
If and when you decide you had have to get that knee done...we know some people close by that can "walk" you through that too:heehee:
I'm glad that you are good to go.
Hugs and have a good week, @GrannyC :friends:
 
Last edited:
@GrannyC
Sorry for the delayed reply! Been rather busy at work lately and also had five days in sunny Tenerife with my son. My hip certainly loved the warmth!
I’m glad to hear your hip has passed the one year anniversary and all is well. Your poor knees though. My Mum is having similar problems so the pain relieving jabs are helping her for the moment. I hope you don’t get in too much pain with your knees, you’ve had enough annoying and horrible pain for now!

Yes I had my one year check and all was great. Surgeon very happy with how the implant looked and how well it’s embedded in. It does click on occasions but I can certainly live with that. My other hip has mild osteoarthritis but hopefully I can hold off a few years before I have to get that one done and become super bionic!!

Take care and best wishes to all.
 
Giving a shout out and a Happy Mother's Day to you, my pal @GrannyC
Hope you have a wonderful Sunday and a great week!
A flower for you, on the day :flwrysmile:
 
@GrannyC :wave:
Hope all has eased with current aches and you are enjoying some springtime:flwrysmile:

Thunderstorms here every day for last week followed by intermittent periods of hot sun, creating a lovely humid sauna.
My sister's garden is popping however and there is a bumper crop of yellow squash and zucchini.
She made some wonderful zuchinni bread...mmmm!
Hope your day is a Good Day.:SUNsmile:
 
:wave:Hope you will be enjoying some good weather and outside therapy this weekend.
Have had two weeks of rain and/or afternoon thunderstorms.
Everything is saturated. Good/bad news is- will be sunny and 94 degrees today.
Can you say steam bath?
Me and a float and the pond...just saying!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom