THR Glad to be in this side<

My mom sewed stuff too @Mojo333 my Barbie's all had killer out fits. I felt the same on my made clothes.

GrannyC @GrannyC I missed you but figured you were doing the family stuff and well Christmas is soon Full report next time please.

:kitty chris:j :merryx:
 
:hi:@GrannyC
Missing you :bawl: we need some GrannyC wisdom and love over here....
Hoping you had a wonderful Christmas!
Sending a hug and warm wishes for a great holiday weekend and a happy healthy 2018 :flwrysmile:
 
@GrannyC . Hope your new year will bring you much happiness.
Rather embarrassed about my "incident" and certainly learned my lesson as it was directly related to carelessness.
Much as I've gained this year, don't want to sabotage myself.
Stay warm...
 
Hi @GrannyC
Hope you're doing well! Wondering if you've had a mini reprieve from the cold yet?
We're in the midst of a January thaw through today. High today 43 degrees, no sun though.
Yesterday was 45, sunny and gorgeous! A nice relief. Just heard we only have 7 inches of snow which is below average. Fine with me!!
Back in the deep freeze tomorrow with snow and a high of 21 degrees, 2 degrees by the weekend.
Hope your hip is doing well. We have to be so careful we don't fall in this crazy, freezing, slippery weather :yikes:
Wishing you a great day!!
 
Thank you for all the thoughts @Layla @MyAussieGirl and @danabanana . We probably had close to 1 1/2 feet of snow on the ground and bitter cold but this week temps have risen above freezing every day plus a little rain so a lot of the snow has melted. Just in time, too, as temps plunge back to cold tomorrow night and more snow forecast.

I do need to confess that I took my first fall before Christmas - just like @Mojo333 !! There was a lot of snow and I was walking in the back yard. With the snow you can't see the contour of the ground, the snow was very wet and I just plain slipped. It all happened so fast that I didn't have time to think about how disasterous it could be. Luckily, the snow cushioned the fall and I had no after effects at all. Whew!!! Lucked out on that one!!!

I actually have times now when I forget I had the surgery. The main times I think of it is when I'm walking across a large parking lot and think how nice it is to walk with no pain and when I do stairs. I find I still start to do stairs the way I have for years - one step at a time - so I have to make a conscious effort to lead with operated leg and do stairs normally. I still feel a weakness going up stairs although I continue to feel that the weakness may very well be from my knee rather than my hip/leg. I did ask PA about it at my 6 month check and she said it took a long time for hip to deteriorate so it may take just as long for it all to get strong again. I'll ask again at one yr check. However, I should say that it is NOT a big deal to me at all. I am very happy and content with my condition just like it is and would have the surgery again in a minute as it is so worth getting rid of that pain.

Thoughts and prayers to all those on BS who are suffering both pre-op and in recovery. Just remember the whole process takes a LOT of patience, rest, icing and elevating. I don't know how I would have managed without all the support and help from the many BoneSmarties!!
 
So glad you're okay after that fall @GrannyC. We had a huge melt this past 5-6days and then last night the temp dropped well below freezing and the snow is flying, so it's an ice rink outside. Hubby took a huge fall taking the recycling to the curb this morning, banging up his hip and elbow. So my plans to go out today were kiboshed. Too risky!
 
Omg about your fall. Glad that you’re ok. It’s funny isn’t it how you still automatically start to do the things you’ve done for years even though you no longer have. I do the same thing on the stairs. I also have to actively remind myself that I don’t need to limp. I wonder when I’ll just walk normally without having to remind myself to! :flwrysmile:
 
Oh my stars Granny. Glad you are okay. Best part about new hips is I can actually get back up :unsure:
That's a good thing.
But I have tried to be super careful and you please do the same.
Glad you are out of pain even if you are still working on some issues.
You are so zen! It is what I love the most about you...
You don't sweat the small stuff.
Hope you have great day:SUNsmile:
 
Awesome update from one of my favorite people @GrannyC
So thankful the fall was not more serious. Simply frightening!
Your wonderful recovery is a perfect example of why we sign up for this.
To continued healing and a blessed life!
Hugs to you :friends: :loveshwr:
 
@GrannyC
Just got the new BS app on my phone and who do I read about?! My goodness how you feeling after your fall? Good job the snow was there..for that moment anyway. Must have been really frightening. I always remember a couple weeks after my op thinking ‘how do I get on the floor’ let alone ‘how do I get up off the floor!’

Is it still bad weather with you guys?
Happy New Year by the way! Stay warm and cosy. Sending hugs across the Atlantic.
 
:hi: @GrannyC.
How is that hip holding up in this cold weather?
I am good most days is it isn't too frigid and I'm dressed appropriately, but if I get cooled and my muscles tighten up...my thighs and joints ache.
Hoping you are doing well and are reaping the benefits of your hip replacement.
Hope your Sunday is sunny!:SUNsmile:
 
Happy New Year to you as well @Minnie15 ! How great to hear from you. It's hard to believe it is now nearly 9 months since we had this surgery. I had no after effects from the fall thankfully. Our winter weather continues and I don't expect much change before March or April. We are probably 9 hours north of Washington, DC so it is quite a bit colder and a lot more snow that there. Today is mild with temp low 30's but it will soon cool back down and I'm sure we will get more snow.

I hope you are continuing to feel well. My OS said the hip will continue to get better for quite some time and I think I can feel that as my range of motion ever so gradually continues to improve. It keeps getting easier to put shoes and socks on is my main point of focus right now. Take care.
 
Thank you for checking in @Mojo333 . I'm glad you are continuing to improve although I do think you need to find a way to get a bit more relaxing time. Your job can get so stressful I'm sure but you continue to handle it well.

I did notice a very slight ache during some of our coldest days but I've not noticed it in the past week or so. It wasn't bad but just something I did notice. I had wondered if it was still some healing going on but more likely it was the cold like you said. Either way, this new hip sure beats the old one by a long shot!!
 
Hi @GrannyC
Wanted to wish you a Happy Valentines Day!
Coming up on 10 months already....unbelievable how time flies.
Hoping your recovery remains stellar!
Thanks for all the cheer and sensible advice you spread here. :loveshwr:
Stay warm......Spring is in sight :yes!:
 
How you doing @GrannyC ?
As @Layla said..coming up to ten months, like wow where did that time go!

All good here in the U.K. My hip is amazing and I’m now back in the gym building the muscles back up. I get a few clicks and clunks occasionally but 95% of the time I forget I’ve even got a new hip. I don’t seem to be affected when it’s cold, just if I’m really tired it tends to ache a little.

Are you covered in snow or is it a little milder now? It’s pouring with rain and cold here...standard British weather!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom