THR Glad to be in this side<

@Layla hello to you, too, Layla. Yes, we had a quiet but nice Christmas. I hope you enjoyed yours as well and here’s wishing you a happy, healthy 2019. You and @Mojo333 are so faithful to this forum with all your upbeat, encouraging and informative posts. All members of the forum benefit so much from both of you. I’m sure I can speak for everyone when I say “Thank you for all you each do!!” Yes, I haven’t been around much these last few months. Life seemed to get in the way I guess I could say. Happy New Year to all!:roseshwr:
 
Thanks for the kind words @GrannyC
Communicating with people like you is what makes the forum enjoyable and keeps it fresh.
Stop by when you're able. Your visits / posts are always helpful here.
Hugs :friends:
 
:hi: @GrannyC
I hope you are doing well and staying snuggly.
It has been unseasonably warm here:) so I'm going to work in shorts today!
I certainly am glad you still pop in and give our members some love:loveshwr:

Hope this spring will bring lots of good times for you!:flwrysmile:
 
It has been unseasonably warm here:) so I'm going to work in shorts today!

I say we fly her up here to the frozen tundra for the weekend, make her pile on 10 lbs of jackets, scarves, boots and long underwear, hand her a shovel to move snow and an ice scraper to help people scrape ice off of car windows after that comment :rotfl: Gotta love her!

So....how's the easy breezy like the first breath of Spring, @GrannyC doing at her soon to be second Anniversary?
Hopefully staying warm during this crazy cold Winter.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
 
Yes, @Layla , nothing like having @Mojo333 reminding us about this miserable weather winter! I’m sure your weather has been very similar to ours, Layla. What comes to you just keeps right on moving east to me. I’m not sure if it is because I’m getting older or what but this seems like the worst winter in a while. We have had a LOT of snow (measured in feet and not inches) along with plenty of wind, ice and very cold temps. As I write this it is sunny and 5 degrees so not quite shorts weather like Mojo is having. I’m definitely ready for some of Her weather!

Despite the weather, I’m doing very well. I’ve been sewing as well as getting “mail” out to the grandkids who live far away during my hibernation so there is a sunny side to the issue. I hope this finds you both doing well, too. Does anyone ever hear from @MyAussieGirl any more? She sure did a great job keeps us entertained during our recoveries!
 
I think it feels like the worst Winter in awhile too, @GrannyC
It could be because we're getting older and that's why it harder to take, or because we're
more worried about our new hips and accidentally slipping, falling, car accidents due to icy roads etc
The thought of dealing with a fracture or dislocation due to a fall is frightening.

We're currently at 20F with a predicted high of a cloudy 24F. Probably what you can look forward to tomorrow or Tuesday. Noticing a high of 38F today in NYC, which sounds heavenly at this point, but quite sure you don't enjoy the same due to the lake effect.

It's always great to hear from you. I'm happy you're staying busy and doing well. I haven't noticed MyAussieGirl around in quite some time and you're right, she did keep us entertained in our early weeks and months of recovery. She will always hold a special place in my heart, as will you and the group we recovered with. You know who they are...they know who they are. May all of our futures be bright!
Sending hugs and love your way. :loveshwr: :friends:
@GrannyC
 
Granny C. I often think about you and have heard from thar loon MyAussieGirl lol she's OK can't wait till Summer. Flowers to plant and all that. Hideous winter here my friend but you seem well :flwrysmile::froggies:
 
@MyAussieGirl Great to see your post MAG! We all went through a lot of recovery days together. I’m not on here much any more either. We recovered and have moved on with life but I think about all my recovery buddies and know they all help me make it through this post op days. It has been a very long and unusually severe winter so I, too, am more than ready for any sign of spring. Take care MAG! :flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Happy Two Year Anniversary to someone special to me!
You are loved @GrannyC
I can't imagine my recovery without you.
Thanks for your continued wise words, sunny disposition and easy breezy comforting posts here.
I hope you do something fun to celebrate another year without hip pain.:happydance:
Big Hugs :friends:
 
Thank you @Layla ! It’s funny you posted now as I just finished a post to @Minnie15 congratulating her on the anniversary as we had our hips done the same day. I appreciate your thoughts and I hope this finds you doing well, too. Being rid of that hip pain is a true miracle for sure. Thank you for your kind words and thoughts.
 
:wave:Oh my stars...I forgot to wish you Happy Two Years! It is now my son's wedding anniversary! So I know I won't forget!

Hope today is a great day:flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Hi @GrannyC
Hope all is well with you.:friends:
The weather is all the news down here and I get frustrated with all the speculation but suppose I will have to at least hit the stores for a few items...namely batteries.
Hope you have a good weekend.:flwrysmile:
 
Hey @GrannyC :wave:
I hope your Summer has been a good one. Can't believe it's blown by so quickly.
Assuming all is well with you as I enjoy your sage advice sprinkled around the forum.
Wishing you a lovely holiday weekend!
 
I hope you didn’t get hit too bad by Dorian @Mojo333. Nice to hear from you and @Layla as well. All is well here. I agree the summer went far too quickly and now it is already feeling quite falling here in the NE. It was good to see @MyAussieGirl pop in to say hello recently as well. It’s hard to believe nearly 2 1/2 yrs have passed since we were the ones in recovery. You both do an amazing job of supporting others and helping them through their recovery. Keep up the good work!!
 
Thank you for your kind words @GrannyC its always nice to hear from you.
It is hard to believe how quickly time has passed since surgery. Wonderful recovery memories though hanging with all our peeps. It was fun! I hope you have a beautiful Autumn. Can't say Fall....I'll have Mojo after me, lol.
Enjoy the rest of the week!
 
:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon: Hi @GrannyC
Just wanted to pop by and see if you were getting some Christmas spirit.
I have done zero to prepare for the holidays...been very busy with work and ailing father...
But I do my best under pressure. :yes:

Wishing you a great holiday season:carols:
 
Nice to hear from you @Mojo333 although I’m sorry to hear your father is Ailing. I am sure he is a big worry for you. I imagine the food bank is extra busy starting around Thanksgiving right through the end of the year. Hopefully some of those college student volunteers show up on their Christmas break or is that too much to hope for?

I got things done extra early this year. In fact I’m sure it was a record early for me but I knew I was having carpal tunnel surgery on right hand (and I’m right handed) on 17th and I might not be able to manage cards and wrapping for a few days after that. The surgery went great and no fortunately no pain after so that is good. Only restriction is no lifting so I have become left handed for a week or two which presents a few little challenges but no big problems. And it will be good to start the new year off with a hand that is no longer tingly and numb all the time.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I also want to wish you a happy, healthy 2020! Thanks for checking on me.
 
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon: my hippy pal.
Glad your hand surgery went well and I hope your holidays are Sweet.
 
Hey @GrannyC
It's nice to read an update from you. Been thinking of you off and on for awhile and wanted to communicate with you, but time just gets away! I'm sorry to hear about your hand surgery but the good news is that it's already behind you. Hopefully you'll be as good as new and back sewing soon.
I hope you have a peaceful Sunday and a lovely Christmas with those you hold dear.

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon: baby-jesus
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom