THR Glad to be in this side<

Thank you @MyAussieGirl ! That was so sweet of you. Thinking of you each day and keeping you in my prayers as you wait for the next surgery. I know it is tough when your non operated hip hurts like that, especially when it affects your sleep. Hang in there though and we are all here to support you!
 
I know and huge hugs @GrannyC it's been a hard few months one thing after another and sleep has always been an issue but this I'm not sure it's pain stress or I'm losing my mind
 
Hi @GrannyC
I saw your carrier idea for the walker somewhere in the forum....
Great idea! It would have been very helpful in those early weeks.
I'm thankful I'm beyond that at this point, I'm sure you are too, lol!
Best wishes for a great week!!
 
Thank you @Layla and @Mojo333 . I appreciate it. I find as time moves on that I'm not posting as much. I do try to stop some though as I appreciated the support I received early on and I need to repay by doing the same for some others.

Like both of you, I continue to be amazed by this new hip. I can hardly believe I have this piece of metal in my leg and I can't even feel it at all plus there is absolutely no pain any more. Why or why did I wait to have the surgery? Incredible!!
 
For anyone unaware and interested there is a story of a 12 yr old girl in the Hip Pre Op
who is undergoing THR today. She is suffering some additional health issues. Her story is heartbreaking
and I'm sure her mom would love the support of encouraging words as her daughter Brynn recovers.

The thread is under the name - Jemma-

If you feel inclined, please stop by her thread to offer up prayers, or kind words of encouragement to give her strength.

I just wanted to repeat this message @Layla posted the other day. As a mother and a grandmother, I know how much it means to get the support of others. Hopefully more people will find a minute to post on Jemma's thread. Thank you.
 
@GrannyC I feel the same away about the giving back. If I didn' have you there to "talk to" and the encouragement I would have made it, sure, but it was a lifeline.
I hope you know how dear you are to me.
 
@GrannyC thanks for sticking around so long after your surgery and recovery. I find your posts to be very inspiring! Your kindness and positivity are really encouraging to me.

Faith (have 1 more day until my hip surgery)
 
Hey @GrannyC . They were blowing this hot air balloon this morning as I drove past park.
Want to ride an elephant?
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Glad to be in this side<
    rps20171021_084521.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 144
Today was my 6 month postop check with PA. It was very uneventful. She asked some questions, moved my leg this way and that, had me walk a few steps toward the door and back and said she'd see me at one year. At that time they will do an x-ray and I will be released unless I run into some problem at any time.

I have to say again that this whole thing has been far easier than I ever imagined. I feel better now than I have in years as I have no pain, no limp and I have more energy than I had prior to surgery. I do still have a tiny bit of numbness in the incision area but very tiny amount and I still don't feel I go up stairs smoothly. I asked about that and she said it is just that the muscles in my leg are weak from not going up stairs normally for so long and that I'm really not that far out and still healing so she thinks it will improve with time. I do think it is a slight bit better now than it was so maybe over the next few months it will improve more. However, it is not an issue for me at all. I am just so happy to be rid of the pain that I don't care at all about doing stairs.

I also feel a bit of stiffness after sitting but whether this is due to my hip still healing or from my age, who knows. I can put my socks and shoes on easier than I could before surgery and that, too, seems to get better with time. Again I am only pointing these things out as sometimes others may wonder what it is like at six months but none of these things are an issue I'm at all concerned about. I am 100% happy with my replacement and only regret I didn't do it a little sooner.

And last but not least, I'm forever grateful to BS and all the wonderful friends on here for their support and encouragement through this whole process. It made the road to recovery so much more bearable. Thank you to all of you :thankyou: :loveshwr: :flwrysmile:
 
Awesome! @GrannyC
So happy for you! Great visit for sure.
You are a great example of what a life changer joint replacement can be.
Taking away the unrelenting pain, lack of flexibility and mobility.
May it only continue to get better!!
 
Jumps up and down for @GrannyC I am so happy for you this rocks. I knew you were doing great and am so glad they confirmed it all for you AND addressed the stairs issue for you. Viva la GrannyC :wowspring::loveshwr::yes!::dancy::happydance:
 
So glad you are doing well...I feel the same. The lingering issues seen so benign in comparison to that miserable OA pain, that I hate to complain. I will go for my 6 month in two weeks but I was kind-of hoping they did a routine xray...just affirmation all looks well. Maybe they won't? Huh? Maybe just if problem?
I agree also deliriously happy most of the time that THIS SURGERY has returned some life to my life.
Love love...:loveshwr:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom