Guest viewing is limited

THR Friday 13th July

You are not going to believe this one.....

Went for my first drive today and had to do an emergency stop :-(

luckily I was only going slowly but someone pulled right out in front of me. Everyone was ok and nothing felt from my hip but my cake, in container, ended upside down in the foot well.
At least I had something to blame the bad presentation on :-)
 
Whoa! Glad only injury was to the cake!

Now I want cake....
 
Scary...
Now I want cake too!
Mmmm...lemon drizzle!
Glad no harm done.
Hope you have a good evening!
 
Emergency stop on your first time back on the road.
Must have been a little scary. Thankfully the cake was all that was affected.
Sounds like you're doing well. May it only get better.
@Bionic
 
Hi my Bionic Buddy.
Hope this week has been healing and uneventful.
Looks like our big event...hurricane...is weakening so I think the flooding is going to be the bad part.
Only good thing is with all the weather news there a is less political news.
Wishing you a great day!:SUNsmile:
 
Hi there, :wave:
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Hope you have a lovely day and wonderful weekend :SUNsmile:
@Bionic
 
Hi @Mojo333 and @Layla
I am doing fine thanks. The hip really doesn't bother me at all. I am still on restrictions though, no bending past 90 degrees, no cycling, etc. OS wants me to keep that way until 12 weeks are up.
Things are going so well that's I can be patient for a bit longer.

We are going to a food festival this weekend and it's likely to be very busy so taking my crutches with me to make everyone aware. Don't want any slip ups at this stage.

Thank you both for asking.

Mojo I have been watching the hurricane on the news over here. It sounds like it is going to be very wet, maybe up to 40 inches in 24 hours.
I hope you are well hunkered up
 
Hi again,
Happy to read things are going well for you.
I think taking your crutches to the food festival is wise. It usually makes people steer clear.
I hope you enjoy the festival and have a great weekend!
@Bionic
 
Getting out and getting some fresh air and fun...good for our spirit.
You are doing it the right way.
All worth it.
Have a great weekend...I'm usually on my float in the pond on the weekend, so I'm good to go if the water rises.
I'll tie up to a tree!:giggle:
 
Hi Everyone,
The food festival was a great success. The weather was good (glad I went yesterday as it's pouring today).

Did a lot of walking but took a fold up stool with me so that I could sit when necessary. It was very busy but I managed ok. Decided on only one crutch so that I could still have one free hand. Even managed the toilet twice whilst out. That was something I have been worrying about.

Bought some expensive cheese, some concentrated cook in sauces and had a nice lunch. We are going to have a peppercorn and Tennessee whiskey sauce with our steak today :-)

I was worried about leaving the new kitten for such a long day but he and the dog hadn't killed exact other so I guess they were both ok.

I hope,those of you in the hurrican zone are ok.
 
:yahoo:glad you made the outing and came home with goodies ...oh that steak sauce sounds splendid!

We do figure things
Decided on only one crutch so that I could still have one free hand. Even managed the toilet twice whilst out. That was something I have been worrying about.

Hope you have a wonderful day today!
 
Hi there,
Sounds like you had a great time at the Food Festival. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Lovely weather always helps. Smart move taking the stool allowing yourself the ability to rest when needed.
Wishing you a great week as you continue healing.
@Bionic
 
My OS said I was to be on 12 weeks of restrictions. I'm now just over 9 weeks so not long to go.

I have been using a body pillow so that I can sleep on the non operated side with the pillow between my legs, but was just wondering, when my restrictions are up do I get rid of the pillow or is it advisable to carry on with it.

As it is now I know that if the pillow wasn't there the operated side would definitely creep over the other leg.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom